Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I have Asthma

So I've had a cough on and off since oh-um JANUARY!!!! Yes, yes I should have gone in long ago, but I hate spending $ and hate it even more if you wait in a waiting room for what seems like FOREVER and then pay a doctor to say, "I don't know what's wrong, let's try this." So when it got so bad that literally every time I laughed I'd cough so much I couldn't breathe, I finally made an appointment. They had me breathe into this thing hooked up to a computer to test my breath capacity. There was something wrong with the computer so I had to do the test 4 TIMES! This was a LOT of breathing out as hard and long as I could, which would immediately give me a cough attack. I started to get light headed after the 4th try. So it turns out I have asthma. I thought only little kids had it, I guess not. Everyone gets this look of shock when I tell them, but it's really not a big deal. When they sent me home with an inhaler (and a prescription for ANOTHER inhaler) I felt a little embarrassed, but now I'm breathing so much better and hardly cough at all (HOORAY!). Back to normal life. It feels good.
Sad to say that's all to report. We also went to BODY WORLDS 3 before school started up. I was going to post a picture but I know my sisters get quite queezy about stuff like that. But everyone should google it- it's very cool. School is going well for Greg. We'd forgotten how time consuming it is. It feels like we've hardly talked for days. But other than that, life is FABULOUS!!!

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

I'm allergic to my computer. Every time I sit at it I sneeze! Seriously though I'm sorry about the Asthma. The test sounded really annoying. Not only do you PAY the Dr. you PAY them even when they have lousy equipment. I love your posting! Keep it up!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness. Did they say if you just dveloped it really fast or if its been coming for years? I guess I don't get how it works. All I know is some people are born with it and some people develop it later. I'm glad you got to the doctor and that all is better now. I love you and I miss you. Hopfully I'll see you over Thanksgiving.

Emily said...

Oh, sorry about the asthma Meg! I'm so glad you decided to go to the dr and that the inhaler is helping you!

I'm going to google body worlds 3 now.
Love you!

Molly said...

hello hello! haven't heard from you two in a while. Good to see the post. Very sorry about the asthma, but sounds like you're taking care of it.

have a jolly good week! m.

fiona said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you have asthma! Yeah, that would be a little weird to be diagnosed with it after you're grown up...at least you can breathe now, that's always good :) And Body Worlds? Looks cool, but icky -- I didn't mind it in Casino Royale, but Daniel Craig helped balance out the ickiness...

Danielle said...

WOW- I'm sorry you have asthma BUT I am SO happy that you know you have asthma. Now you can relax. Coughing is the WORST. I'm like you, I hate spending money on things I figure will just end up okay with time. Clay too- I worry for our kids. Anyway- you sound really happy. I'm glad. I love you sooooo much and I miss you SOOO much.