So as Christmas was nearing I decided, to myself, that I was going to control myself and not eat a lot of sweets. I would partake here and there, but not consume a whole box of chocolates in one sitting, like all the other Christmases I've known. But then you go to work and somebody ONCE AGAIN brings a plate of cookies, or some fattening thing. So this last week I decided, "It's CHRISTMAS!!! If I want to eat chocolate I'm going to! I'll eat all I want and I'll enjoy it! And if I gain extra pounds, I'll just lose them! I'll indulge now and when the holiday is over, I'll discipline myself." And that was that. And I've been enjoying my sweets- guilt free. And I feel fine about it.
Also . . . we got a Christmas present EARLY! DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION! And I must say, it has revolutionized my life! We drove to my parents last night and my parents wanted us to open it early so we could enjoy it while we're here. We played 'till after midnight! I LOVED IT!!! How cool is a game where you're DANCING the whole time. For those who haven't grown up with me, dancing is (or was) a great passion in my life. To the point, where I don't think I missed one school or STAKE CHURCH dance- EVER (now I think that's saying something). My parents have a beach house that we would go to here and there and if there was a dance that weekend, I would drive myself 2 hours to go dance and then back again. I simply couldn't miss them. And this continued in Utah with BYU and UVSC dances and back home again, at the Institute, with all of their dances. Then the year before I got married I took a salsa class and went salsa dancing every weekend until I met Greg. And it's been over 2 YEARS since we've been dancing. And very recently I decided it's over and I've given up trying to get us out to dance. And it was kind of sad. But NO MORE!!! Now I can dance in my living room all I want. So last night, by the end I was sweating and thought, "I don't have to feel bad about ANYTHING I've eaten now!" What an EASY way to work out. I really wish you could have seen me last night, it was pretty ridiculous. I was a giddy little child. I really want to post a video of us all doing it, it's pretty funny. I was excited so I wanted to share.
So yes, we're at the beach (where my parents now live) and my mother gave me the most comfortable pajamas I've ever worn in MY LIFE and I put them on last night and dinner time is approaching and I'm still wearing them. I don't ever want to take them off! I'm so excited that I have NO PLANS and nothing important to do for 5 DAYS. It just can't get better than this. My parents also happen to have the most comfortable couch. It really is heaven on earth. So I'm feelin' pretty good. However, Greg is pretty sick. His throat is very sore which doesn't sound like much but it's pretty bad. And there are 6 people in this house which 4 of them are sick. My brother in law and I are the only ones feelin' good. Hopefully it stays that way and everyone gets better. We'll see. I'm one of those fortunate ones that just don't get sick. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!
9 comments:
glad you love your jammies and your game!!!
That is SO COOL! So is it easy to catch on to? I have wondered about that game if it would be good for me. Everytime I've tried it seems so hard...it sounds like you are having a fantastic time! I wish I could be there too! I miss you all and love you!!! Have a merry Christmas! Oh yeah, you SHOULD post a video of you guys doing it.
Did she get your pjs at Costco? My favorite jammies are from Costco. Who knew?
Didn't know you were a stake dance die-hard. This explains a lot. :)
Oh my gosh Meg...I feel your pain. I haven't been dancing since Steve and I got married, except for at your wedding, and I HATE IT! I need to try your game...it sounds like too much fun.
I'm glad you get a good vacation to enjoy Christmas. Love you!
The DDR, there are a lot of fun.
We have gone through two set of pads with the kids at our house so I know what your talking about as of how much fun it is. Till 2am many a time.
Sorry that you have sick people, just maybe they'll be well be for Christmas.
Have A Merry Christmas from the Uncle Dan and Family.
Do you really truly never get sick? You must take good care of yourself. Even though I know for a fact you used to live on junk food. Did you never get sick then too! I'm happy for you. Are your jammies the same ones Mom got for me and Danielle at Thanksgiving? So fun. Enjoy your time off. I love time off. I wish we got everyother day off the whole year. Love you.
I love dance dance revolution!!!!!!! I wonder where our lives would be without dancing? It really was a very large part of our growing up. I'm so glad that you get to dance all of the time! I love you and have always loved dancing with you. I miss it! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
Yeah, that's the Christmas spirit! (about treats ;) Also, I STINK at dancing, but I so wish I didn't. Well, haha...I'm not as bad as Z is, our poor kids...anyway, I think DDR is great, we don't have it, but what a good workout and if you're a horrible dancer (..ahem...) you can go crazy in the privacy of your own home!
Man I wish I could just say that about treats around Christmas time but I pretty much always have a good excuse to be eating them. It's a vicious cycle my friend!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
P.S. I am in Utah and have received many a compliment on my hair so thanks for that too! :)
Post a Comment