Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Twilight Books

So I'm the last person on the planet to read the Twilight books (by Stephanie Meyer). And I must say it was definitely a love/hate relationship. I HATE BELLA!!! I think she is an IDIOT!!!! All through book 3 I would literally yell into the air with frustration about her. I LOVE Jacob. I hated how at the end she was like, "Oh I love you Jacob, but I have to be with Edward. It's so sad I love you too and could be so happy with you- BLAH!" SO STUPID!!!! In book 2 I picked Jacob over Edward EASILY, but then in book 3 I was reminded he's a decent guy. But he's a little overwhelming. They both are! How they're so NEED, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT kind of people. My gosh. I love Greg with all my heart but I can live without him if it happened. I wouldn't like it but I'd certainly survive! And I completely agree with Mom about their repetitive "I love you, you don't realize, how could you possibly love me?" conversations. It was nice the first time, but after the 10th I almost stopped reading the book. I was taken back by what a sexy book it is. "Technically" it was appropriate- but not really. It was way to graphic for what wasn't happening. I know that doesn't make sense, but I think the twilight fans know what I'm talking about. So that was all my beef with the books. HOWEVER- besides the conversations in the 3rd book- WHAT PAGE TURNERS!!!! I don't know if I've ever been so into a book. My heart was constantly racing. I've never been so emotionally effected by a book like that! The story never went where I expected. Great romance. And though I can't stand Bella, honestly, I've been as stupid as her before. Well- I've never jumped off a cliff, but you know what I mean.

10 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Well Megan you're not the last person to read these books, I am. Your mom brought them to me, and I haven't time to read them now. Maybe on the plane down to Alan's. We'll see if I like them. I never did like vampires. I have a Christmas package for you and I'll probably bring it in on Wednesday in the afternoon as I have to be in town that day. I love you sooooo much Grandm

Tara said...

Ok I TOTALLY agree! Bella really pissed me off in the last book too. I remember yelling out loud too. She just causes such the love triangle it makes you feel bad for Jacob. But I do love the Edward. It just seems like they belong together.

I can't wait for the 4th!

Danielle said...

Okay first, High School musical. I totally want to see it now. Stephanie and Jenni have told me I HAVE TO SEE IT! They love it so much. I will have to watch it by myself sometime I guess because Clay probably just couldn't take it. Second, it is so funny you hate bella. I love her. I think she is SO SO SO typical for her age and is complete reality for a girls mind. I also think that her loving two people is reality too. Yes, I ached and ached and ached for Jacob but I do feel that her and Edward belong. I don't know, i dont KNOW! It is too hard to decide. I love them both, but one thing Stephenie Meyer said on her website was that Jacob still has the chance to imprint on someone. He didn't imprint on bella, meaning-he never will. When you imprint on someone it happens the second you see them. What if Bella chose her and he imprinted on someone else!!!!!!!?? That may be a far fetched justification for the choice of Edward, but well..it IS true. I understand what you meant about it "Technically" being okay, the romantic parts...my heart was also racing through the entire book. Anyway, I love you! I wish we could all talk in person about this!! We will at the reunion (will you be there or are you going to be in europe?).

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Amen!!!! I would talk outloud when I read them also. I had a really hard time with bella also. I also had a hard time putting it down. I also thought it was inapprorpriate. Oh well, I agree with Danielle that she is realistic though. I suppose we will read the next one!! love you! can't wait for you to come!

Amy said...

I totally hated Bella too!!!!! I loved Edward but after the first book I didn't even want to read the second because I couldn't stand there conversations. I was glad I did because I really liked the second book and I thought it was brilliant getting rid of Edward for the majority of it. I loved Jacob too!!!! I liked how she was in love with both but had to pick Edward. What a shame that such a baby of a girl gets 2 great guys. I am so glad you read them! I knew you would love them!

Emily said...

Well, I pretty much agree with you...I'm a Jacob fan...and I knew you would be too. It's hard because she's probably going to end up with Edward, because if she didn't all of her fans would hate her...but Jacob is so awesome too!

Rebecca said...

I am so excited you read the books. I am for Jacob also. I don't think that Jacob is at all an "I can't live without you" kid of person. Edward is though. I married a Jacob. I also dated an Edward--Chris Dunston. So of course I am routing for Jacob. And she can't become a vampire. She CANNOT. We definitely have to have a talk about all of this. By the way--I am totally Bella--in like almost every way. Love, You.

Ilene said...

Oh, Bella is an idiot. I love Edward, though. Jacob is nice but tries too hard. He is the nice guy that you want to like but you just don't. I also HATE that Bella wears a khaki skirt. I know that is a silly hang up but it is true. How sister missionary is that? I just feel she is a bit dowdy as well as annoying. C'mon she really thought Edward dumped her because he didn't love her?

Anyway, I love the books despite my hang ups. She BETTER become a vampire or all of this will stink. I can't imagine wanting to not to become a vampire. What a let down that would be if she ended up with Mike Newton (what I secretly think will happen).

Oh, I also hate how she has no problem with sex and spending enternity as a vampire but a major hang up over what her friends and parents will think if she is a young bride. Lame.

Okay, still love the story though.

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

ok i didn't read your blog b/c i havent read the books and i didn't want it ruined, i just wanted to tell you that you're not the last person in the world, i definately am.. it's a goal to read them while I'm home. :)

Lizzie said...

I'm right with you with the forever dialog of how they can't live without each other. I hated the first half of the 2nd book. How she just couldn't live without him. And I know I was partially just like her in highschool too, but it still annoyed me.

However, I do NOT like Jacob. I like Edward way more. Jacob drives me nuts.

Lastly, I must have forgotten the books or be really naive, OR maybe really inappropriate myself, but what were the inappropriate sexy scenes? I can't remember? Mom's comment agreed with you though.