Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 Here We Come!

Well, New Year's Eve. Last New Year's Eve I barely made it. I wanted to go home and go to bed MUCH earlier than midnight. This year, I wasn't sure what we were going to do. Well, Chris (Greg's brother) and his girlfriend Laurel came over and we played Dance Dance Revolution . . .



After we got tired of that we went over to Amy and Mikes. And Amy, of course, was a perfectly prepared host. Her table of silver color SCREAMED Happy New Year! And I just can't seem to get away from the sweets right now. They are EVERYWHERE!!!


And then it was TURBO CRANIUM!!!! I LOVE that game! You have to have 6 players so we rarely get to play. It was a great game. As the game was almost over I asked what time it was and we had 10 MINUTES 'till midnight!!!!
So Greg DASHED in the kitchen to get the bubbly!
And we made it just in time to shout TEN! NINE! EIGHT! . . . And seal the night with a New Year's Kiss.

We actually had a LOT of fun. On the way over to Amy and Mike's I said to Greg, "I can't believe we're going somewhere at 10:30 pm!" Oh the times have changed. We were exhausted, but we had a LOT of fun. I'm glad we stayed up. Oh yes, and the boys went outside to play with fireworks! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! Fun. I'm jealous of you and Amy. Everything looked so fun. I wish I could have been with you guys. Love you.

Ilene said...

I was blogging at midnight. How dorky is that?

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Hey you guys look like you had a great time. I think grandpa and I were trying to work on fixing the blog!!!! Then we realized it was the new year. Happy New Year!!! and we love you soooooo much. Grandma

Danielle said...

You and Amy are way lucky to have eachother so close! You are so good at telling a story. I love it! Your blogs have been way exciting lately!! You guys looked like you had a blast! I was so tired new years eve. We were in Idaho Falls and I totally wanted to go home. Crazy crazy. I love you so much! You and amy are soooo pretty:)

Emily said...

I loved seeing you today! You're beautiful!

I'm glad you had a fun New Year's Eve!!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

meg, you're hilarious!!!! i love dance dance revolution and ilove that you play it and i totally agree with you, amy is the best little hostess. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I'm glad :) you night owl, you :)

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I loved your story!! It was great. I loved the video and all the pics. It looked like so much fun! I am so glad you and Amy have each other!!! I love you! And tell greg I am glad he told me to set up my zune right the first time. I am still adding and making playlists, but I made about 17 already. I need to make my favorites and a relaxing one, and a peppy one. I love my zune! I think I've said that before. :-) We actually stayed up til midnight this year!

Amy said...

Happy New Year! It looks like you guys had so much fun! And everyone looks soooo good. Great pictures. I like how your pictures took us through the whole night.

zachariah said...

Happy New Years!!! I didn't make it to midnight, I fell asleep, jet-lagged on the couch at about 1030, woke up and celebrated with NY on TV at 11pm and went to bed.

Lizzie said...

I'm impressed that you stayed up so late.I love the video. You guys are so good at it. I SUCK at that game. I really do. I'm off on the beats. I just told Shad about Greg's sewing projects and he wanted me to ask Greg if he did any sewing projects for his Young Women Recognition Award? = )