Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy 26!

So January 13th was my birthday. I am posting rather late because I have been rather ill. I'm feeling a bit better today so I am posting. The day before the big day my parents drove in from the coast. I had dinner at home with Greg and my parents (small, the way I like it). My Mother made us salmon (YUM!), mashed potatoes (my favorite), and fresh salad. Very tasty, healthy meal. Yum! Then my sister and her husband and Grandma and Grandpa Cook came over for dessert: Chocolate Pecan Bars (my recent favorite). A very tasty day! Everyone lingered and chatted and it was a good thing it was a day early, because the day of Greg and I were not as chatty. As for presents . . . my sister Amy made me a beautiful tablecloth. I was VERY excited for this because it is more casual, yet very cute, and matches our white plates! (So you can't judge me in these upcoming photos because I'm sick!)
Yes, I remember this day, I cleaned and cooked dinner, thought I was actually getting better. Very foolish. The one below is a better shot of the tablecloth. I love it!


My parents (along with some extra moolah) got me HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!! Now I can play the piano and sing the songs at home! And believe me, I have been.So what do you do for your birthday on SUNDAY???? Well, we didn't have much energy so we played MONOPOLY!!!!

This might not seem very exciting, but Monopoly is exciting to me. So much that I've been called "ruthless" the last couple games I played before this. That was over 2 years ago, because now no one will play with me. But since it was my birthday I convinced Greg to play with me one more time. I left my ruthlessness behind and therefore LOST to Gregory. Oh well, atleast he still loves me. He didn't very much the last time we played.

The big event for the day was FONDUE! We were very excited. We bought some fancy cheese the night before and dipped bread and carrots in it. It wasn't as good as the Melting Pot, but it was pretty good. Candles just make everything romantic.

14 comments:

Dan said...

I'm first to post a comment, how did that happen.
Will, Happy Late Birthday anyways.
Look like you guys had fun.
Uncle Dan

Danielle said...

Loved the post! That is so funny about what you say about monopoly. EVERYONE says that about me. I just say that I'm good at the game. I think that we are ALL good at the game, not ruthless. Everyone else just takes it lightly- it's NOT fun that way. Anyway, looks like a fun birthday! I love high school musical! That is so awesome you got the music! I love you!!!!!!!!!

Ilene said...

Happy Birthday!

We used to play games together too but it got pretty heated... perhaps you will inspire me to play Skipbo again with my husband.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Loved the pics, the candle one look so pretty! I didn't realize that you loved Monopoly as much as Amy, and Danielle. I'm glad you feel better, I am hoping I have a different virus than you guys had. I'm done being sick but I don't think my body is! I printed a correction on my blog about your cake you will have to read it! I am so glad you like your music!!! I love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

loved the post, loved the pics Love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

loved the post, loved the pics Love you.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday! I'm with Ilene though - the hubs and I can no longer play games. We almost got divorced a few years ago over monopoly. I still maintain that he did not convert his houses to hotels properly. Oh yeah I will take that one to the grave.

Emily said...

Yay! I thought you would never tell us about your birthday! I'm sorry you were sick on the big day, but it looks like you still had fun. That cheese fondu sounds SO yummy to me.

And your tablecloth is way way cute! So are you! Happy Birthday!
Love you!

Andrew said...

Well Happy Birthday!! Bummer you were sick. and dont worry even andrew wont play some games with me for the same reason

fiona said...

Happy late birthday! I really like the tablecloth, your family is so talented! ...and Zac and I haven't been able to play Battleship since 2001 (maybe if Z would admit he cheated and then refrain from doing it...) Competition is good, right? ;)

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the post and I can tell you I Hate, Hate, Hate, being sick!!!!it is the absolute pits. I have the most awful asthmatic cough, and my chest feels like a lead balloon is on it. I also really have a wheezing good time when I lay down. On with the other things I love you and you are funny about the monopoly Grandpa doesn't like to play with me as I usually win. With domino's also. Grandma PS I have been married for 55 years so a little competition just adds to the romance Ha!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!????? WEHRE DID THEY GET HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL SHEET MUSIC?!?!?! i must get that! we need to get together because girl i know all the dances and you can teach me the music!!! hahaha, that's so rad! I'm so sorry you were sick but sounds like everyone took care of you on your birthday! :)

Rebecca said...

Oh MEgan, I love you and miss you. I'm glad you are finally getting better. I hate being sick. Your fondue sounds really good, and the stringy cheese connecting Greg's skewer to the pot looked much better than what I've made. We did fondue for dinner, the cheese course, meat course, and chocolate course for Valentines last year with the kids. I would love to do it agian, but my cheese course wasn't very good. I've tried several times, and never been satisfied. Could you post the recipe, or email it to me? Love you. Also loved the pics. Bye.

zachariah said...

Happy Birthday!!