Monday, January 14, 2008

I feel like crap

I am sick. I never get sick. To be more specific, Greg and I have been married 2 1/2 years and this is the first time I've EVER been sick. Greg has been sick so many times I could never count. And now I feel bad because he, of course, has caught what I caught. And I'm so mad because I know one of my clients gave it to me!!!! It's SO ANNOYING!!! They sit in your chair and you ask how they're doing and they say, "Oh I'm sick" or "I have a cough/cold" and I want to step away and shout, "THEN WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE!!!!! I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO GET SICK! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!! I'M NOT GOING TO CUT YOUR HAIR!" But of course I just say, "Oh no, I'm sorry, that's too bad" and continue to cut their stupid hair. And now I'm sick. I was up all night being sick. I can easily imagine a GIGANTIC muscley man (from the circus of course) and he is on one side of me, arms outstretched. And then there is, of course, one identical on the other side. They both have their palms on each side of my nose and are pushing with their HUGE MUSCLES as hard as they absolutely can. This is what it feels like. At least last night it did. I have NEVER felt such pain in my nose in my life. I don't understand the nose. I might google it today. You lie on one side and suddenly you can't breathe out of one nostril. (I know you all know what I'm talking about) And then you switch and the clog slowly flows to the other side. So I knew last night it wouldn't work because I've tried this since I was a little girl. I try to catch it in the middle somehow. Why does it drain from side to side but when you're on you back it does NOTHING!!!! I don't understand! And when I'd get up to blow my nose it'd feel a little better. But I certainly can't sleep standing up!!!! It got so bad that at 5 in the morning I started to go crazy. I got up very loudly every other minute to blow my stupid nose and I'd lay in bed, huffing and puffing loudly. I wanted to SCREAM out loud but I couldn't because of Greg. But I couldn't be silent anymore. So eventually Greg got up and left. I thought he was in the bathroom and was very concerned he was gone so long. I kept calling out to him. Well, while I drove the sick boy to school today I found out he never went to the bathroom at all. He left the room to go sleep somewhere else!!!! OH! I feel so bad! I thought about leaving the room myself, but I didn't think it'd help me. I didn't realize I was bothering him so much. Oh well. Too late now. Well, I'm picking up some Nyquil today and therefore I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. I slept terribly the night before also. Well, I just needed to rant a little bit. When people tell me they're sick I never knew this is what they meant!

12 comments:

Molly said...

*lol* whew! venting eh?

If the Nyquil doesn't kick it, NightTime TheraFlue is the best drug ever! (pwd. pket in hot water = sour lemon tea...not so tasty). I feel like I'm SO drugged when I'm on that! ;) quite dreamy and hard to decide when to stop using it. I'm allergic to Nyquil so... yeah...

Take care.

Emily said...

I am so sorry you're so sick! Steve is having the same problem. People don't realize how much it sucks to have a cold until they get one themselves...it really is miserable. I hope it didn't ruin your birthday...and feel better soon!!

Danielle said...

I am so sorry you're sick! I know what you mean about the muscley men. And the drooping to each side of the nose. UGH. I hate it. I've dealt with this for like a month now. It sucks. Thank goodness it has gotten better, but I still have to get up and blow my nose in the middle of the night every once in a while. YUCK! Rest rest rest! Oh yeah, you should tell any of your sick clients to wear a face mask. Just keep some handy! This is kind of a joke, but kind of not. I mean...it could really help! I love you!

Dan said...

If I'm sick, I get in the hot tube for about forty minutes and do this 2 or 3 time in one day and I get will much faster.
Get will soon.
Uncle Dan

Amy said...

How did I not know that you never get sick? I'm sorry that you are sick now. Stupid client! If it helps I can't sleep either. Not being able to sleep is the worst! I hope that the Nyquil works. I hope you get better soon. I know its a day late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I am so sorry!! I hope the nyquil works, if you still have trouble put sleep on two pillows so you are propped up all night. I had to do that one spring break at the beach house. That and suck on a lozenge all night! good luck I love you!!!

Tara said...

I'm all about the Zicam. That voodoo medicine really seems to work!

Sorry you are sick! I will make a mental note to myself to never come to your salon if I have the sniffles! :)

fiona said...

Man, that stinks! And you described it so well...hopefully you'll go another 2-1/2 years plus before you're sick again...oh, how I remember yearning for the sweet relief of Nyquil a time or two since I've been pg/nursing...sigh. Hope you both feel better soon!

Lizzie said...

I'm so sorry Meg. I totally know what you mean about lying on one side and then the other. That's funny about Greg leaving the room to sleep. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Also, Christmas is over...thought you might not realize that by the looks of your background. = )

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Megan I totally know what you mean about your clients, as since I have this heart condition, I really have a problem when I get a cold. I have friends who think they should be in church regardless if they are sick or not!!! When that happens, I want to shake them very hard and tell them to get out of my face and DON'T shake my HAND!!! Do not TOUCH ME. I can't believe people are that STUPID. You'd think they were really clueless. I truly think they only think of themselves. I had that nose cold for awhile before Thanksgiving. I didn't run out anywhere I stay HOME. It is a pretty nasty cold and I pray you get over it soon. As for me I eat chicken noodle soup drink lots of liquids, lots or lemon zinger tea with lemon and honey. Get lots of rest, stay away from sweets and milk products. Take some vit. C and it will go away. I am sorry for you Love you soooooo very much. Grandma

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I vote for this background!

Rebecca said...

Big bummer Megan. The nose is a mystery to me also. The singers at ISU all use a peti pot every morning. It rinses out your nose! They all swear by it and say they can't go a day without doing it now. Google it. I've been meaning to get one. I guess there are two brands. Love you. So sorry.