Thursday, April 24, 2008

More travel plans!

We just bought more tickets!!!!! So we'll spend a couple days in Frankfurt, Germany then we'll fly to Rome for a few days . . . train to Florence for a few days . . . on to Venice . . . fly to Prague . . . fly to Paris then back to Frankfurt to pick up our luggage and to our new home in Brussels. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I am smiling on the inside and out. I can't wait!!!!!

We found great deals flying from small airports. There are a few catches though. They tack on small fees like crazy but it ends up being the same price or less as a train but way faster time-wise. We'll get a backpack each and won't even be sitting next to each other (on the flights) because it costs more to sit in the front, aisle or window seats. So Greg and I will each be in the middle seats, on the same row, on each side of the plane- if that makes sense. I am excited! With one backpack I'm hoping to pack 2 extra outfits for the whole 2 weeks and hopefully my skin products. We might just have to wash our garments in the sink of our rooms but y'know that will make it an ADVENTURE!!! I'm really excited. It's really real now :)

13 comments:

Amy said...

WOW!!!! That is sooooo amazing and exciting! I am so jealous!!! Oh my gosh I am freaking out for you! What an adventure! How cool and fun.....WOW!

fiona said...

How fun!!! I love Florence, and I've always wanted to go to Prague, your trip sounds awesome! Those really are the best trips, pieced together and cheap, everything smushed in a backpack...ah, you'll have some wonderful memories, I'm so excited for y'all!!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

How exciting. It will be an adventure for sure! Take tons of pics, I would love to be going myself. JEALOUS!!!

Justin + kelly said...

So exciting! way jealous! I LOVE europe! you guys will have so much fun.

Rebecca said...

I just caught up on all of your blogs. I laughed so hard at all of the answers to you being tagged. I also loved the conversation about soccer. Hilarious. I am so impressed that you are running. Wow! If you keep it up you'll never get old. I am so excited about your new adventure coming up. I really hope Darin and I will be able to come visit. Love you.

Matt and Christy said...

What an experience! I am so happy for you and Greg. Europe is pretty incredible, and you are going to some great places! I have always wanted to go to Prague, and I think that you will love Paris. Make some time for the Louvre. Even if you aren't an art person, it is something special to see.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

very cool. love you.

Danielle said...

wow that IS an adventure! You will ahve to take billions of photos and remember all memories! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

That is sooooo cool. I loved Italy, the culture there is amazing. Be prepared for graffiti everywhere 6' and down and then you won't care. They don't do graffiti on the monuments or statues though, I don't know if it is because the security is amazing,or if they just respect it. I am so happy, you'll be able to say yea I've been to Prague, etc. How fun!! A back pack, that will be interesting! can't wait to see you today!

The Lowarys said...

HOLY CRAP- that is SO cool!!! How fun!!! I'm so excited for you, it's so amazing that you'll get to go to all of those places!!!

Ben said...

Lucky!!!!

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

I am so happy that you guys get to travel so much. I think you will become the family's representatives of international culture. We will get to see much of the world through your eyes, your stories, and pictures. Exciting.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I still can't believe you are going! When I first found your blog I had to read back posts to figure out what was going on and even then I couldn't believe it. What an awesome experience. I hope you love every minute of it!!