Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Weekend

Greg came up to his parents to park cars at his Dad's office for Boatnik. His father, Randy, so generously lets us charge $5 a car to park in his lot and we keep all the cash. THANK YOU RANDY!!!! So Jeff, his older brother, and Greg drove up Thursday and I came up with Hillary (Jeff's wife) on Saturday. We made a nice chunk of change to put into our "move to Europe Fund".

Saturday night we watched INDIANA JONES!!!!! It was VERY Indiana Jones. Kinda gross in a couple parts, but very fun. It completely flowed with the others.

Later on Paul and Robyn's baby was blessed at church so everyone was there and it was really nice. (Robyn is Greg's cousin.) So after church everyone met at the Ford's house. Last time we were here we all tried to unicycle. This time . . . tightrope walking! And I'm just gonna say it. Greg did better than anybody! Before I married Greg, I never thought I'd see so many grown men try so many adventurous random things. I never thought I'd try them myself, either. I thought these things died away with childhood . . . I guess not. But it's actually been really fun. Definitely not your average activities. Greg told me he greatly improved on the unicycle, as well, but I didn't get to see.



The rest of Sunday was filled with Guitar Hero! Loud rock music on the Sabbath was not what I had in mind at first and then before I knew it I was playing and getting completely into it. It's so ridiculous how when I'm actually playing well and I can hear the fake crowd cheering me on I feel like I'm really playing and that I'm a rock star. I was embarrassed I was enjoying it so much!

I couldn't keep my arms away from Annie, Sari and Andrews little girl. She's only 5 months and I LOVE HER!!!! I was just soakin' up the love.

Now we're at Amy and Mike's, watching the Bachelorette and it is so stupid. You can't find love in a situation like that. It's kinda fun to see guys get all catty, though- didn't know that could happen.

5 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Lucky you get all of the cash wow!!! Greg looks good, do we get to come to the grad? If not that's okay let me know and maybe we can come to the celebration. I don't know how crowded it is and if you need tickets. Please let us know. We love you both and hope to see you soon. Grandma

Danielle said...

That's awesome about the parking cars thing- sounds like a deal to me! The rope thing was cool too- you guys do so many fun things! I love you!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Wow, that was awesome! You're really good! glad you had a good weekend.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Cool on all accounts!! Yea for the money, and greg that was awesome!!!!
love you!!!!!

Rochelle said...

It's always so much fun seeing you both! I love it when you come over and play the piano. Greg is awesome on the slack line! And everyone is getting so much better on the unicycles. love ya both! Rochelle