Saturday, October 4, 2008

Finally Settled

Well things are good. Work has finally become good. As a matter of fact great. I think I was just so stressed out because everyday their was something new to figure out at home as well as at work and I was overwhelmed. I think the baby was getting used to me and then when we fell that freaked him out for a few days. But now he's back to himself and I have all my job stuff figured out so things are now what I was hoping they'd be. It's actually been fun. I am relieved. My first week I thought, "If I have a kid I'm going to hate it." But now I'm back in baby mode and think it will be great to stay home and be a mom. I've learned a lot. Aran, Oisin's mom, wanted me to read a couple books and at first I didn't want to but I've been learning from them, and just hanging out with a baby everyday has been teaching me a lot. So that's good.

It's so nice to finally figure out the trams and grocery shopping, etc. It used to be so stressful and suddenly it's just not. Everything's basically good except . . . we're sick. I thought I had strep because I looked it up online and had all the symptoms- fever, achiness, vomiting (who knew that came with strep throat?) and then the biggest give away- white spots on the back of the throat. But then they went away in like 5 hours! So I don't know. I still feel like crap, but I am getting better. Greg's been feeling lousy as well. So it's the weekend and we can't really go out. Hopefully next weekend we'll actually be able to go out and do something fun.

Greg and I are constantly online trying to entertain ourselves. We've never had 2 computers before. It's so funny because just about every night we're sitting next to each other on our little couch, both of us with a lap top on our laps, typing away. It cracks me up. It's been SO NICE. Before we'd just get irritated with each other waiting to use it.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I just LOVE reading your posts! it makes me want to go to Europe SO BAD! You're so lucky to see so much art, culture, architecture.

I'm so glad you're getting more comfortable with work and I hope you continue to love it.

I'm so sorry you're sick though, that's horrible. Get well soon!!

Love you!

fiona said...

I'm so glad that your job is better! It's always hard to start a new job, especially one with a lot of interaction with people. You know, since you need to get to know them and their personalities/needs, too. I hope y'all feel better!

Lizzie said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE how much you've blogged. Holy smokes!!!!! I thought I was up to date with your blog, and then BAM, more posts. Okay, I totally laughed when you put the picture of the woman/man. So funny and so gross.

I am glad you like your job better. That's sad but kind of funny how you said you might be the first Mom to hate her child. That's impossible.

I can't believe how much you guys have done! No wonder you are both sick. I really hope you don't have strep. I hope it goes away soon, so you can continue with your job and get more comfortable. I miss you and look forward to seeing you. Love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I am so glad you are doing better!!! I am glad things are going better with the baby and that the two of you are getting used to each other. I always liked reading books about raising kids, I just gleaned what felt comfortable to me and that would work with my personality.

I am glad you both have a computer!!! I think you need it there. I love having my own computer.

I am thinking about getting skype on my computer. what do you think?

I don't know if you have been able to watch conference yet, but it has been great! I was thinking about it and it will be wierd there you'll get it in the middle of the night? Oh well, that's one of the great things about the internet, you can watch it after the fact and read it. Well, the house is quiet, it is nice. I know in a couple of days I will miss them like crazy,that is the way it usually goes!! It was great fun, we did a lot of new things. I can't wait to do some of them with you and greg when you come back. I love you!!!

Rochelle said...

Hi Megan and Greg! Your posts have been terrific. Your adventures are very entertaining. You're lucky you know...getting to practice on someone Else's baby before you have your own. I practiced on Sheldon when I was 10. And then Maria when I was 14 and Zac when I was 16. Hope you get well soon you guys! love ya!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad everything is getting settled. I'm so sorry you are sick. Like everyone, I LOVE reading your posts! You are just such an amazing woman and such a good story teller and I love you so much!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Megan you are so amazing, what a great blog. I loved it and i am sorry you are so sick. Be careful, if it is strep, bad things can happen if you get over tired, so get lots of rest and take care. I love you so much. Happy you are settleing in, I knew you would, you are so organized. love grandma