I seem to be in the BABY ZONE. It's not this aching and longing and constant baby thoughts like it has been in the past- but I do seem to have this intense baby RADAR. Everytime we walk ANYWHERE, are on ANY metro, tram, bus- I know where the babies are. I always looked before and thought, "Oh how cute." But I don't know. I just have this AWARENESS. There is this little baby at church that I go absolutely ga ga for like I never have for a stranger's baby. I have to get a picture of her before we leave. She is so small. I felt like I was just making a SCENE last Sunday dancing with her and holding her after church. It was ridiculous how happy I was. Everyone says there are easy stages and hard stages to babies and I think Oisin and I just entered an easy stage. Things are just easier and SWEETER. I think he suddenly loves me a lot more (he cries when I leave now). He's suddenly satisfied to just be with me when we're not doing anything particular. This is a new development. I think it's been better, also, because the Mother I nanny for has suddenly thrown her "baby books" out the window. Oisin isn't doing anything in "the plan" anymore so we're just "going with it" and I've decided that's how I'm going to raise my kids. I want structure but not if it's not working and making both of us miserable. Not worth the tears and agony. I personally feel that babies are like me: Sometimes, I wake up in a bad mood and feel that way all day, and there's no reason. Sometimes, I just don't sleep well. When I'm sick, I sleep more. Sometimes I'm extra hungry and sometimes I'm just not. And there are things I like to eat more than others and somethings not at all. Books and schedules DON'T allow for any of this. And babies are UNPREDICTABLE. So just GO with it, I say! If he doesn't want green beans and wants a banana everyday, give him a banana- he's not gonna die if he doesn't have green beans and just wants bananas! Let babies eat what they like, atleast they're eating. This has been our VERY recent philosophy and it's been so much better than doing what we're "supposed to" and then he just cries and doesn't eat a thing.
But yeah, kids are just fun! I like watching them. I think the whole process of growing and learning is so fascinating! I love it! Their minds work so differently than ours. Now that I'm to this point, doing hair or any other kind of work just seems pointless to me. I'm meant to mother. I feel it more everyday. Well, I will get there. Hopefully Greg will get a job in a few months and we can move to wherever that is and get the process started! Woohoo! That would be great. But yeah, I'm not nieve to this lovely economic situation we're all experiencing. We'll see what happens.
7 comments:
Good for you Megan! When the time comes for you guys you are going to be an awesome Mom!
Oh I'm so glad you have seen the brighter side of being a mother and taking care of children (even when they are not your own). I can't wait for you to experience it first hand. I think this was the stage you needed to reach - I know you are so much more prepared now that most of us get to be! Especially realizing that they are human too... they have good days and bad, are sometimes more hungry and sometimes not, and sometimes just want to eat bananas and that's ok! (So long as they're not wanting to eat just junk... that's not so ok.)
Ethan is definitely in a very loving stage right now and I love it! I tell him to give me a big hug before I leave in the morning and he says, "ok mommy!" and then throws his arms around my neck and it just makes me miss him like crazy! We are also well aware of the crappy economy but I can't wait to just be home with my kid (kids eventually). :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees babies everywhere! We've been trying for a year and a half and it's totally put me into baby watching mode...oh it's even worse when it makes you notice every pregnant woman in public! Even Ren comments on kids now because he wants one so bad.
I'm glad work is going so much better now!
It is kind of like owning a...say...silver Honda, you start noticing them everywhere when you didn't before.
When it needs to happen it will happen. I don't like hearing people say that when I have more money or when... there really is never a perfect time to have a child when we try to plan it. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and when his timing is right it will happen. After that, blessings will come that make it possible to raise that child. They are stinkin' expensive.
You'll be such a great mom! And Greg a great dad, of course! Baby books...they have some good ideas, but seldom does any baby go by the book. Seldom? Never. Just pick up whatever works for your situation and toss the rest. And I'm a huge believer in a routine vs. a schedule. I'm glad you've reached such a rewarding stage with little Oisin, that definitely makes life with babies easier :)
That was great! That is how I raised all of you! I learned that from an old doctor when Rebecca was 9 months old and not eating as much as she had in her past. I was worried and took her to the doctor. When I told the nurses what was wrong with her they all laughed as soon as they were out of sight, but not earshot. Rebecca was very fat. When I saw the doc, he said" Look at her, look at her eyes, does she look sick?" I said no, he said she is just like any other person, sometimes she is going to be hungrier than other times. I went home and stopped worrying about all the new developments. I relaxed about a lot of things. You have been faithful in supporting your husband, and Heavenly Father has given you this great gift! You will enjoy your first baby more than anyone I know! I love you!! I miss you! It seems like forever since we have talked.
Thank you. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this way! Good luck with your baby plans.
Post a Comment