Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vegas

I decided I needed to get away, so I emailed my friend Emily and told her I wanted to come visit- and she let me! It was so fun and relaxing.
A lot of it was spent in my pajamas doing this . . .
Yes, little Carly made me want a baby even more. It was really cute, she's talking more and more and it was the sweetest thing!

I've never been to Vegas, so I was excited to see what all the fuss is about. Em took me to the strip in the day time. This is where the fountains are.
We walked all through Caesar's Palace and, as silly as it sounds, it reminded me SO MUCH of Europe!!! All the statues, the pillars- even though it wasn't the real thing and on a much smaller scale- it got me so reminiscent walking around! I loved it!
We came back at night and what a different experience! I love Vegas at night! All the lights! It looked so much bigger and better. We went to the Bellagio and it's DEFINITELY my favorite hotel on the planet. It was just beautiful and magical inside. Em took me to the conservatory there and it was incredible. I could have lived there. It was just magical and beautiful.

The conservatory had a talking tree there that looked SO REAL!!! It honestly was freaking me out. It just looked too real.
Back to the fountains. The crowd was all along the water and it didn't look like we'd have a good spot to see and then . . . I see a spot! I dashed to it and was so happy we got it. We talk and wait. The crowd is getting bigger behind us and we're having a fabulous time until . . . tap tap tap. I look behind us to see a boy around the age of 10 motion that he wanted to stand in front of us. I instantly think, "No way- your loss, I am NOT giving up my spot" but I'm feeling a bit awkward being so PUBLICLY selfish. So I think if he's going to squish in he can at least squeeze in OUTSIDE of me and Emily- and not between us. I quickly motion to the side of me and he pushes the woman next to me out of the way and in the back she goes. I felt a LITTLE bad- but we were there before she was.
The fountains were incredible. It was pure art. Who knew WATER of all things could be so artistic? The fountains swayed and danced to an opera. It was so moving. When it finished everyone started clapping and cheering, but I was just recovering from all the emotion! I was so disappointed how quickly it ended- so we got some gelato and did it all again! But the next time was an Elvis song- completely different experience.

I got to do Em's hair the last day I was there. I haven't done anyone's hair in a couple months, and when it's been that long- I always enjoy it. Sometimes I worry I've lost my touch, but when I finished and saw her hair, I was reassured I still had some talent left.
The last night I was there we saw Le Reve. It was CRAZY!!!!! The whole theater was round and the stage was a pool of water below us, so everyone got an amazing seat. It was just incredible. People flying all around, diving in the water and never coming out or disappearing into the sky! It was really cool. That's all I can really say. I had no idea what was coming- parts of it were really bizarre, but I've never seen such physical strength and talent in my life.
I felt a little underdressed in my sweatshirt, but I was cold!
Just a couple side notes about The Strip. I knew there was a lot of SEX there- but when you see a BLOWN UP poster of the backside of a woman in a THONG it's just something you weren't expecting. A blown up BUTT just right in eye sight. It's sort of hard not to stare. And I just kept thinking, "Who's butt is that? What would I think if that was my butt up there? How does THAT person feel when they see their backside up on a building?" Words like, "Pleasure Pit" flashing- uh, that's just two words that do NOT sound nice together. It's a different place- that's for sure. But I had such a good time! I'm so glad I went!!! It was so good to see Emily and get to know her kids better. Thank you Emily for an amazing time!

11 comments:

Justin + kelly said...

I LOVE vegas! I cant believe you had never been there before!!! I am such a sucker for bright lights, there is soo much to look at!

Emily said...

Dang, your fast! I can't wait to blog about this tomorrow. I LOVE YOU for coming to see me, I had so much fun chatting with you and catching up, and it's always fun for me to take people to see the city. Le Reve was AMAZING! I'm so glad I went to see it with you, it just made it an even better experience.

I hope you had fun, I loved having you and loved watching you with Carly. You're going to be the best mom, you were so good with her and so helpful, I really appreciated it.

Thanks again, love you!

Danielle said...

That is so awesome that you got to go to Vegas! It looks like you had a great time! You are so cute in all the pics! I want to go to Le Reve- that sounds cool. I've only driven through Vegas...never really done anything like that. It sounds fun! I love you!!!!!!!!!

Kristi M. said...

That first picture is so sweet. The babies expression is really cute. I really like the fall decorations in that one hotel. The big pumpkin is great. What a fun getaway.

Stephanie said...

Your profile pic with Carly... (it looks like Lizzie) is so sweet!
Vegas with Emily looks fabulous. Glad you got a trip away.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Looks like you had fun. Love you and miss you grams

Jenni said...

I find it SO awesome that you just picked up and went to Vegas to visit em!Seriously, how fun!!!! I love the pictures and I'm so jealous!!!! You look like a pro with Carly :)

Isn't Vegas a blast? I mean, the nasty stuff sucks, but I don't even remember it when I think about vegas, I think about the amazing water show!!!!! I'm with ya on that!

I hope getting away was all you wanted it to be! I know em was SOOOO glad to have you!

Jill said...

Fun!!! I totally want to go to Las Vegas now!!!! And your friend's baby is a doll :) Love the pictures, Megan! :o)

p.s. need your email address so I can add you to my blog list!!!

HeidiT said...

What a fun trip, I bet it was relaxing to not have to worry about anything and just getaway for a little while. I haven't been to Vegas forever and Ren has never been, it's one of those places we keep saying we should make a little trip to!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

What an awesome trip! I haven't been to Vegas in YEARS! In fact, Sean and I hope to have a little get-away there *someday* soon. Glad you had so much fun. And Le Reve! I'm so jealous!! :)

Lizzie said...

I love seeing you and Em together. I read this like the day you posted it and then immediately went to Em's to try and find more pictures of you. I also read all of your blog posts, sometimes I just don't comment. Fun trip!!! You look so natural with that little baby. That show sounds fun. I've never heard of it before. Shad loves those fountains too. = )