Wednesday, January 27, 2010

IN

Yesterday Greg was given a conditional offer from the Medford Police! He's scheduled to take his psych exam in Portland and a medical exam in Medford the next day. If he passes both of those then he has the job! The medical exam is more intense than I thought. They're testing his blood and everything. He has to fast beforehand. Yesterday I went into the police station to get questioned about Greg and what I think about him becoming a cop. About 20 minutes after I left we got the call!!! We were in the parking lot of my new salon and I literally started jumping up and down and screaming! We are so excited! So, if everything goes well with the exams, he will go to the Police Academy in June. The Academy is in Salem and it's 16 weeks. And when he finishes he'll get tazed and pepper sprayed. Can you believe he's actually excited? This man, I tell you- sometimes he's a mystery.

16 comments:

Danielle said...

YES! I'm so happy for you guys!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so happy for you both, and I pray that all will go well with all of the testing. I love you and again congrats. Hugs grams

Kristi M. said...

Yeah! that is so exciting. The psych exams can be pretty intense. They test more than if your crazy, they do a lot of personality stuff. jeff said he always wondered what they were getting at when taking them. Can he not start working until the academy. In Idaho, the officer can, they just have to ride with another one until they complete the academy. Jeff was trying out for the special ops team for the prison (he worked there) when we were first married. He ended up having some reaction to being pepper sprayed and ended up at the hospital to get evaluated. Apparently pepper spray was not for him. :)

Emily said...

Congrats! I'm so pumped for Greg, he's perfect for this. How great for you guys!!

Justin + kelly said...

Congrats to both of you on your new jobs!! Thats so exciting!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Congrats! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both!

Lizzie said...

Congratulations!!

Wheat do you mean tazed and pepper sprayed? Like as a test? Why would they do that??

Our Pratt Pack said...

CONGRATS!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH MY GOSH- that is hilarious and crazy that he is getting tazed and pepper sprayed!!!!!!! Guess what, Mike is getting an interview for that retirement home managing job in MEDFORD! Could you imagine if we lived by you guys?!!!! love you!

Matt and Christy said...

We are really happy for you and Greg. It is a great career to be in, and I love being married to a police officer. There are ups and downs to be sure, but great overall. Have fun with this new experience!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Yea!!!!!!! I am so happy for you both!!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Yay!! Congratulations to you both - that is awesome!

zachariah said...

Congrats on the job!! That'll be way cool. I got pepper sprayed and other things for some personal security courses that go with my job, I went back a couple of times for the pepper spray, sort of a dare with a friend of mine. Turns out my buddy is one of the one in a thousand that is immune! Dirtbag. Anyways, they showed us these really funny videos before we got sprayed of people getting sprayed. Hope you get to see those, some of the best blooper type footage I've ever seen.

Mike said...

Congrats Greg, that is great news!

I sprayed myself with pepper spray once. My mom had it on her key chain and I was playing with it while down the road, opps. I had to pull over really quickly and get out of the car for several minutes. It was a really stupid thing to do...

Rebecca said...

Congrats. So happy for you. I also read your last post about Great Clips. So funny. So gross. Love you.

Dan said...

Way cool about the job.
We will see more of both of you guys now that you will be living in the area.
Uncle D