Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We're Buying a House!!!

I feel so funny posting that we bought a house before I even told people we were looking. It all happened so fast! But in a good way. Here it is! Pretty cute, huh?
The details. It's just over 1500 square feet, 3 bedroom, 2 bath and built in 2004. Crazy huh? I can't believe it's so new! Here's the back.
This was the ONLY part we were disappointed in. The backyard really isn't very big. Last week I would've thought this was a deal breaker, but we loved everything else about the house so much, we decided it was worth it in the end. At least the up keep will be easy, right?
This is the neighborhood. This picture makes all the houses look identical, but they aren't. They're all really similar, but not one matches another.
The neighborhood was a BIG weighing factor for me. I felt really safe there and it just had a really pleasant feeling. And it's QUIET.

A big reason we were able to let go of not having a yard was because if you take a walk for literally 10 SECONDS down this path (the path is directly across the street from our house) . . .
You get to THIS!!!
I can't WAIT 'till we have a little one running around this thing! So cool.

Ok, to the inside. I'll just show you the hi lights. You walk in, and the main living area is on your right. I looooove the fireplace. I think it is so cute.
You can sort of see the dining area between the main room and the kitchen. It's pretty big, we were happy about that. We like to entertain.
This is what sealed the deal for me. Cupboards galore and so much counter space! Hallelujah. I love it. I can't wait to make breakfast and dinner in it everyday.
A laundry room WITH cupboards. I can't believe I won't have to LUG my laundry around outside, pay quarters, make sure I make it back in time to put it in the dryer, etc . . . no more!!! (Ok, ok, I haven't had to do that in 8 months, but I've been doing for 9+ years before then!)
Double sinks has been a fantasy I've longed for and I'm so glad we get to have it.
I could care less about tubs, but Greg seriously likes to soak in hot water all the time, and I mean sometimes EVERYDAY, so this was a MAJOR plus.
Ah, a walk in closet. An experience I've only dreamed about. I've been scrunching my clothes into 5 little drawers the last 8 months, I'm ready for more space, and less wrinkles.
Well there it is. We walked all around the neighborhood yesterday and met a few neighbors and they were all really nice people. They said that most of the houses had kids and it was a real family neighborhood- which is exactly what we want. We had no idea we'd be able to get such a nice house and feel really lucky and really blessed! So now we have to go thru inspections and wait for our loan to go through. We close April 30th, which is a Friday, so we'd get to move in Saturday and Greg's first day with the police would be Monday! CRAZY!!!

For those thinking, "How can you buy a house? You're not even working yet?" Basically, we got a letter of proof of Greg's employment and salary and there's some other details involved but I don't really understand them. I just know the guy dealing with all the numbers told us it should be fine- which is AWESOME!!! Which means in less than 2 months I can wake up and make breakfast in my underwear. I can pee at 3am and not have to scramble in the dark for clothes to put on. I won't have to worry about falling down the stairs or bumping my head on the tilted ceiling every other day. I can be alone with Greg for more than an hour's time. I can start cooking again! That is something I have missed greatly. It's going to be the most liberating feeling of peace I think I will have ever experienced and I just can't wait!

18 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

AHHHHHHH I love it!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!! If it weren't so late I would call you right now! We are so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see it! It is so cute on the outside and the inside is so cute too! I love the fireplace and the kitchen is to DIE FOR!!!!!!!!! I flipped when I saw the kitchen! I love it so much! I'm so excited for you guys! And the bathroom is so nice and the walk in closet! I would love that so much! love you!

Danielle said...

Oh my GOSH! Megan! That looks SO AMAZING! I LOVE IT! It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute on the outside, and soooooooooo awesome on the inside! It's like- perfect! There are so many nice features. The kitchen, fireplace, walk in closet, park, everything. I'm SO EXCITED for you guys! I love you!!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!! I love your new house! It's adorable! And I'm with Greg---TOTALLY LOVE that soaker tub!!!!! Can I move in with you...? ;o) Congratulations again, you guys!!!!

Tara said...

Congrats Megan!! The house looks awesome! How exciting for you guys that you can finally move on to the next phase. Sounds like things are falling into place nicely!

Lizzie said...

It's amazing Meg. I'm so excited for you. It seems just perfect. All of it. The neighborhood look so beautiful and the park! I'm jealous. Our old house had that and I miss it so much. We went ALL THE TIME to the park when we lived there. You will love it with your little one.

Oh yeah, and I can't believe Colleen's a doctor! I mean I can believe it, but she looks so young and hot...not like a doctor in real life. Maybe a Grey's anatomy/hollywood actress doctor, but not real life.

fiona said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations! Your house is soooo cute! I LOVE it. And what a great park so close! Wow, I would love to have one like that right down the street/path... so perfect. I'm really excited for y'all, it sounds like a wonderful place and neighborhood!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that is soooooo gorgeous!!! I am so happy for you! What a cool neighborhood. The yard will be better than you think. It will take a while for it to be too small. I am so happy you get a big and nice kitchen. You and Greg deserve a nice kitchen because you cook so much. I am so excited and happy for you!!!!!!!!! love you!

Rochelle said...

Awesome! Love IT!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your new home!!! So exciting... Love the kitchen and having a community park is suh-weet!!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Awesome new house!! How exciting!!! I love the kitchen - nice counterspace and cupboards! And that fireplace is so cute. And double sinks and nice big tub. Yeah, you got a sweet new house. :) Be sure to post pictures once you are all moved in.

Mel D said...

It is so beautiful!!! I love it! That fireplace is so perfect. I sometimes daydream about having a walk in closet...or a yard...or garage...or a nice neighborhood where I actually feel safe...or a nice soaker tub... haha. I am *patiently* waiting for Rob to finish schooling so we can be in the same shoes. It's my ten year plan... ;)

Jenni said...

OH MY GOSH IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Seriously I am so jealous! It is absolutely amazing and I don't blame you for being so excited to live there! It looks so great!

I'm really, REALLY jealous!! Haha, I'm still in the dragging my laundry to the laundry room days... boooo hahaha!

But I'm SO happy for you guys. It looks like a dream neighborhood, too!

Kristi M. said...

Okay, so I totally forget to check this since you went private. I need to do better because, wow! You are buying a house! That is so exciting and such a big thing. Once you do, you instantly feel like a grownup. Seriously. I love the look. I have always loved the craftsman look and the fireplace is so awesome. Love the stone and color. Can't wait to see things decorated. The neighborhood also looks so picturesque and peaceful.

Amy said...

It's so beautiful! Congratulations!!! I can't believe your buying a house. That is soooooo exciting! My new hobby is looking at houses online. I'm pathetic! Someday right. I love the fireplace. I can't believe you don't care about the tub. I've always told Ben that I don't care what the house looks like as long as I have a ginormous tub. It's so pretty and looks just perfect. Congrats again!!! Love amy

Molly said...

Looks awesome. I can't wait for you guys to move it. I just discovered a back route to your neighborhood from ours too so you're even closer. hahah. My new babysitter lives there and showed me the other day.

HeidiT said...

It's so cute, I love it! You will absolutely love being a home owner - sure it comes with a mortgage, maintance, etc. but to be able to do anything you want with it is soooo nice. Congrats!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so happy for you guys Megan and I love the house. It is really wonderful and I think the kitchen is to die for. grandpa loved the bathroom, and said that he tells all builders to put in double vanities and they don't always do it. I think you will love the yard and the park is wonderful. Hugs and kisses grams

Carina & Dan said...

So exciting!!! it is wonderful to own your own home. Is this in Medford? The neiborhood sorta looks familiar but it's probably cause all new neighborhoods have a similar look these days. It is such a cute place!