Ames wanted another bigger shot. When I see these pictures I get a wake up call on what I actually look like. I was so upset when people didn't notice, before. But now when I look at my old pictures, I'm so embarrassed because I don't look pregnant at all! I was a lot bigger than I was pre-pregnancy, but to the unknowing eye- I just looked like a normal girl! I can't believe I was so upset. I find I like looking at myself in the mirror less and less. I'm just getting so ROUND. Even my growing chest just adds to the new fullness of my body. Everything's just getting in the way. I dread what it's going to become. Being pregnant- REALLY pregnant- is just gonna feel physically AWKWARD. I look at old pics and can't believe how small my stomach was. I know I have NO right to complain, it's just weird to see my body change.
Yesterday I was so upset about the placenta/complication/thing and so mad at myself for not pestering her with questions at my appointment. I called and left a message, but she never got back to me. I'm feeling better today. I mean, there's nothing we can do, either way right? I didn't get upset before, because she didn't seem upset or worried. But after I left I realized, why would she be upset? It's no skin off her back! It's just all science to her. She didn't say to worry, but she didn't say NOT to worry. She just said it WAS. So I wanted to get more facts like- how high is my risk for this and that and what ARE the actual risks? Death? Future health problems? I mean, the baby is obviously getting enough nutrition to GROW, but could she still be not getting enough? Does that mean she'll have brain damage or bad kidneys or something? I don't know. I just wanted more facts to hopefully get good ones and rest my thoughts, but who knows, maybe facts will make me just feel worse.
13 comments:
Megan you make such a cut pregnant woman!! Man wish I could look like that when I was prego.
You look so cute!
I almost wish they didn't have the technology to tell us so much about what is going on in there. It creates unnecessary worry for many mothers =(
My placenta had some problem with it(I think it had detached a little bit near the beginning)and then they told me she had markers for trisonomy 18!(only 10 percent with it live to be one) We had some terrible days of worry! My cousin was told she had a strand of something or other floating around with the baby that might amputate a limb, or worse or nothing. Both our babies were perfect. Really I could have gone without the worry! I never think to ask enough questions when I am at the doctor's.
hey megan- i'm calling you right.....now!
Ughh....so sorry Megan. Doctors are so annoying. Just remember the doctor is working for you, not the other way around. Call the doctor as many times as you want every day. Even if they get annoyed. I love you.
I love you Megan and I am praying our baby is doing well and trusting that Heavenly Father will TAKE CARE OF YOU AND HER. It isn't easy being pregnant in the first place as it is all so new to us and we don't always know what to do about things and what to ask to doctor. But Rebecca is right and you can call the doctor and ask as many questions if you need to and they may not always answer right away, and if they don't call again. After all you are paying them and it is their job to keep you informed. Just get a little assertive and firm when you want answers and you will get them. Above all try not to worry as all that does is create STRESS and that is something you really don't need. By the way you look cute!!! Hugs and kisses
You are sooooooooooo cute. I love your pregnant body! I am SO SORRY about the complication issue. I just really hope you get more answers soon...just so you can rest your mind a bit. I love you!!!!!!!!
With knowledge is power! It is never bad to get all the knowledge you can. Docs tend to be short on info, so if you want to know you have to ask, ask, ask. Don't let them leave the room until you get your answers. I realize it didn't occur to you that day, but continue to bug her until you get the info you want. You are paying for it!!!
You look as cute as can be!!! I was like you, big breast didn't make me feel better or cuter. When I was nursing, I just felt strange and I felt like it made me look heavier. Shirts are different today, so maybe it will be different.
I forgot to say, I love you!!!!
You look great and call your doctor whenever you have a concern. The nurses are also a great help if you have minor questions about anything.
I warned you about that Dr. If you're really freaked out ask to see a specialist. YOu look darling by the way.
You have an adorable pregnant body! It is funny that you say you think i look bigger, because I thought you looked bigger...haha! Looks like we both have a lot of hormones floating around and messing with our brains! My friend had her placenta positioned the same way as you, so she couldn't feel her son kick until she was at least 6 or 7 months along. Its not a big deal, especially if it means she is mellow. I think mine is going to be just as active as Alex...AHHHHH! Kind of scary. I am calling you right now about dinner!
Yea, I'm with Rebecca...your doctor is there to help with anything, so keep calling if you have questions!!
You're looking so cute, but so little still. SCORE on the craigslist stuff, I love it. I'm so glad you have met such nice, generous people.
I think it would be so hard to have your spouse gone at a time like this (being pregnant, body acting crazy, etc...) so if you ever want to talk/vent/cry/whatever, call me anytime!!!
Love you tons!
Aaahh, Megan! Pregnant girls are BEAUTIFUL--how can you not like to look at that adorable belly in the mirror?! That was one of my favorite things about the second trimester--looking pregnant for SURE, FINALLY, and loving that that round belly contained a sweet little baby! You look so good, don't feel bad about yourself! And we had our own placenta problem with Ayden (placenta previa) but it turned out ok! Lots of ultrasounds, of course, but I loved seeing my sweet boy! Praying for your little girl, try to enjoy it before it gets too uncomfortable! You're still a skinny little thing, as always!!!
Post a Comment