Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm Hot

It's hot here. My feet have been swollen for 5 days now. Sometimes it seems like my legs are swollen too. We do have the A/C option- thank goodness or I'd be dying, but I'm resisting turning it up. I think I'm gonna cave soon because I swear I'm swollen just from being HOT!!! I'm sick of being swollen. I don't like it. I'm really tired. The black out fabric is going up TODAY!!! I have been stressing like a mad woman about what to do about our curtains. The sun has been waking me up at 6:30 AM every morning for weeks now. That's just not ok with me. It robs me of 2+ hours of sleep every single DAY!!!! ARGH!!! And Greg is coming home next week- HOORAY!!! And he's working the night shift a couple nights so he needs it to be dark in there for his day time sleeps. He's just coming home for ONE WEEK. So it will be a little glimpse of what is to come. I'm really curious about how the night shift will affect us both. I want to shower but I'm waiting for the repairman. I'm wondering how long it will be and have this feeling that he or she won't be here until AFTER they said and I'll have waited for nothing. Yes, our BRAND NEW $800 fridge is having problems already! Before 2 months of use! What the heck? It's the ice maker. It is stuck and won't give us any ice. I tried fussing with it with no success. I hope that it will be a simple fix and we'll have no problems forever more, but this "breakdown within 2 months" situation has me weary that it's gonna be the first of many problems and we wasted $800. But it's already been done now, I suppose, so what can we do? Oh man, I am TIRED. I want to be sitting in a bath of ice.

My friend Andrew got married last weekend!!! This guy has been my good friend for around 8 years now! I'm so glad he found his mate! She is awesome and I can't wait to spend more time with her in the future. She is Greek so there was TONS of YUMMY greek food and we all learned how to Greek Dance, which I thought was a blast and totally yelled, "Oopa!" There was the most intense plate breaking I'd ever imagined. I would've tried it myself but was scared out of my mind! It was a lot of fun. The only downer was how much I wanted to dance. I DID dance a little, but the belly restricted my moves. I could only move so many ways without getting a nice belly cramp. I always forget how much dancing is a part of me until I'm in a situation like that. But I'm hardly in dancable situations anymore. I'm not even sure it happens once a year now. I really want to take some kind of dance class after the baby is born, but the last time I took an "adult" hip hop class I was the only person older than 16. I don't want to feel THAT awkward again. For whatever reason, Greg never wants to dance anymore. He loved to dance before we got married. I still love to dance, I think I always will.

I'm still loving living here. Each week I think about how much I love our house and how I love the area. I love the friends I've made. I've never really had girlfriends, and I made 2 right away that I see every week now and I love it! They both have little girls, as well.

Well, this is two days later now and for the first time in a LONG TIME my feet look almost normal. My toes are bony again and my feet just look tiny! They actually look cute! I was so used to them being swollen I sort of just thought they looked like that. I'm glad they don't. I'm discovering the trick is keeping cool. As soon as I get hot- SWOOSH!!! I can FEEL them swelling. Well the stupid repairman was supposedly SICK, but they didn't bother to call me until 2 HOURS into our appointment time. AND Monday night I scheduled a color appointment at 5pm, which I never do because that's just too late to get started on a color. And this lady has the thickest hair I've ever dealt with. I only made the exception because she's one of my regulars and it's hard for me to turn business down when I actually get it. So because of the repairman and her appointment I came into town on Monday. Well she didn't show up either! But she didn't even call!!! ARGH!!! So angry!!!! Amy BEGGED me to stay another night so we could watch Bachelorette together and I REALLY wanted to. I had this feeling like, "Oh just reschedule everything, it will all work out." But I didn't. I don't break commitments. So I came into town FOR NOTHING!!!! I know, I know, things like this happen. But it irked me.

Lately I have been really getting excited about having my body back. I want my stomach to be small again and I want my body to be my own again! I want to be able to twist and move how I want to! I went on a VERY small hike today and it just wiped me out!!! It's just ridiculous what I cannot do anymore. It will be nice when that is over!

I feel like I had more to say, but now my mind is a blank.

9 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

you are so funny about your body, it's going to look and act different while you're pregnant! I'm so glad you have made good friends where you live, and love where you live. I really wish you would have stayed the next day- oh well. I've eaten all the cookies you made, and I want more..... :( bummer on the fridge situation. That's nice your swelling went down. love you!

Danielle said...

haha. Oh man megs. You are hilarious. I'm sorry your so hot and swollen...but, it kinda happens when you're pregnant! You'll get your body back- I'm sure of it. You are very good about working out. That is awesome Greg is coming home soon! Love you!!!

Mindy said...

That stinks about the fridge. That must be nice to love where you live. After buying this house and not liking things about it... now I know what I want for my next. So it must be nice to really love your house and neighborhood. Good luck with the swelling. That doesn't sound fun.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

The most important thing about swelling is that when it's like that, whenever you sit put your feet up!!! Sometimes lay down and put your feet higher than your head. The swelling is from the heat, but it is also important to control it as much as you can. I am not trying to scare you, just do what you can.

Sad to say your body still won't be your own, you will be nursing and so the baby is still attached! BUT at least you can move and roll over and touch your toes and dance!

Dancing... I love to dance and when I met your dad he loved to dance. It abruptly stopped when we got married! Hmmm....why do you think they liked to dance!?

Hopefully the fridge will be a quick fix and then great after that.

That is so sad about the dropped appts. I hate it when things like that happen!!

Miss and love you!!!

Kristi M. said...

Oh man...you still have a ways to go so you better get used to the idea of getting bigger. :) It all works out. I am with your mom, put your feet up to help with swelling. Thankfully I have never had to deal with that with both pregnancies but the heat can definately do that to you.

Watts Family said...

Megan I am going to grants pass for the weekend. If you want to you can come over and swim in my in-laws pool with us. We will be there until Tuesday night. We should get together. Do you have my number? Swelling sucks. I hope it gets better. Last pregnancy mine didn't get better until a couple weeks after Alia was born. With everything they pumped into my body in the hospital I swelled even more than I was before. I hope it gets better for you and you don't have to go through the whole summer being swollen. Let me know if you want to get together.

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

I'm so sorry about the no show appointments, I would have been super annoyed too. I'm so happy Greg gets to come home for a whole week, how exciting! I'm sure you will enjoy every minute he's home. Is Greg liking what he does? How are you doing with him being gone? It sounds like you've made great friends, which is a huge plus. I'm so excited for you to have your baby, she will be absolutely gorgeous. Sorry about the swelling issue, that stinks! Hope you have a wonderful week!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Ok, first of all, those bags your sister makes look awesome.
Second, that really sucks about your fridge. I would be ticked!! And then to have the repairman not show. Oh... Choice words may have been slipping out!! And then, THEN, on top of all that, a no-show hair appointment?! Ugh.

I HATED being swollen - my feet especially - when I was prego with Ethan. I remember literally giving birth and then within the hour checking to see if my feet were back to normal finally!! I was just so sick of the puffy feet and ankles. What sucks now is that my feet swell up way easier now - they never used to before. I'm just glad I had a spring baby and didn't have to deal with the summer heat.

Oh, and I had to laugh at the "Greg liked to dance before we got married" comment! It just made me think of what guys will do when they are still "courting" a girl - not that that's why Greg liked dancing then, just in general. Anyway, it made me laugh. :)

Ok, I think that's all I have to comment on! Good luck beating the heat!

Lizzie said...

The feet. Mine always got so swollen. Just wait until the end. It's horrible. But thank goodness it goes away. The good thing is though, that's part of the weight gain...water weight.

So nice that you love your neighborhood and have made some good friends.

The last part you wrote about never hearing Mom's say, "I wish I would've worked." I've never thought of that before. Good point. And it's not a forever decision. It's not like you can't do it hear and there later on.