I don't even know if I spelled that right. Did I? Well, we did it! We've been meaning to go FOREVER, but it seems we always relax in front of the tv when the sun is shining and then the next day, once we've gathered our energy- RAIN! Why does it always work out this way? Well, today we went anyway. And on the drive there, it was raining. And when we got out, the wind was SERIOUSLY blowing and really cold. I literally kept humming Winnie the Pooh's "It's a very blustery day today" song. Or however it goes. Because it just WAS. It was BLUSTERY.
But pretty soon into it, the weather calmed and we got pretty toasty, pretty fast hiking up, up and then some more up-ness. I swear we hiked up and lot more than we hiked down. But I suppose that's not really possible, is it.
Scarlet loved it. She has been Miss Crabbs lately. Really, she has been another person lately. I feel really bad, because in the morning, after I've already gotten up 6 or so times in the night, and now I'm trying to get the last 2 measly possible hours of sleep and now she's waking every 5-20 minutes!!!! And I am so ticked inside. And I weigh, back and forth, "Why am I even trying to sleep? It's not going to happen. Just get up and be done with it instead of TORTURE YOURSELF!" But I'm so tired and think, "But what IF she stays asleep and I can sleep ONE WHOLE HOUR? What if?" So we struggle and struggle and I get more and more ticked off. I have no compassion and am only thinking of myself. Then when the time has come to get up, I eat and have come a little to my senses and realize, "Oh yeah, she is teething. Her gums hurt." And then I feel like a rotten Mom. I mean, honestly, I wouldn't really have done anything different. She was trying to sleep too. I guess I just feel bad for my lack of compassion and feeling really ticked off instead of really bad for her. Well, this is how the whole WEEK has been, EXCEPT . . . when we're outside. It's like MAGIC. We go outside and she doesn't make a sound. You wouldn't even know she's there. She doesn't get excited, she doesn't cry, she's just THERE. I don't know why she's so especially quiet. I guess she's just taking it all in. She's the same way when we stroll. But only outside. She'll whine at the mall or wherever.
Pretty, huh?
I get so lost in hikes, where I'm just looking at the path and nothing around me. Towards the end of our hike, we realized we lost Scarlet's hat, so Greg went off looking for it. I turned around and sat, waiting, and couldn't believe how pretty the scene was around me.
I really like geocaching. It's like a mini treasure hunt. This one, particularly TOOK FOREVER TO FIND!!!!! I was already tired, but wanted to do one more, and oh my gosh, it took forever. Trying to find the trail, and then finally just taking off through the terrain, trying to find the right spot. We finally find the trail it was on and I realize the cache is in a little film container. Are you kidding me? And there are rocks and leaves EVERYWHERE!!!! I am ticked. I don't even want to try. So I decide, I'll look for a few minutes, but I'm not going to dig through all this. And I see this little knot and what do you know, it was in there.
I haven't said it out loud, but I am way better at finding caches than Greg. And it feels good, because, honestly, there aren't many things in this life that I'm actually better at, than him. Especially things out in the "wild". Anyway, it was a really fun day. By the end we were so BEAT. Oh man. So tired. We hiked around 8 miles. Poor Greg, on the way back he asked me to put on the pack and it was SO HEAVY. AND he was carrying Scarlet too! I felt bad. But I would've been dying if I had to do one or the other. Isn't it nice that men are so much stronger? When we'd almost made it back to the cars, Greg realized it would've been a good idea to dump out all the water in the backpack. Oh well, next time.
Little Scarlet always shivers, right before I do. It's like catching a yawn, but it's the shivers. Happens every time.
She has been TEETHING and it has been horrible. I can't WAIT for a tooth to come in. Then maybe we can have some peace. Honestly, it hasn't been THAT BAD. She's probably, now, just acting like a NORMAL baby. But I'm used to my perfect angel, so it's been a struggle.
Last night, Pat, Randy, Chris and Laurel came by. They had just driven from Utah and stopped by. Scarlet hadn't seen Pat in almost 3 weeks and was really mellow and quiet around everyone until Pat came to her and she got so excited and talkative and kept kissing and hugging her over and OVER. It was really sweet. She definitely knows and loves her Grandma.
Scarlet is trying to crawl. It is so cute. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. We'll clap and cheer for her and she gets really excited. I need to catch it on film!
She's becoming a much better eater. She eats applesauce with rice cereal. She really likes pureed cauliflower. She LOVES green smoothies and a new favorite- yogurt. She went crazy for raspberry yogurt, today. I held off on yogurt for a long time because it has so much sugar in it. So I felt like it was unhealthy. I'm over it now. I've decided to stop giving her things that I wouldn't eat. She won't eat it anyway. She refuses to eat rice cereal plain. I don't blame her- gross! I think we doomed ourselves, because we started with fruits and didn't even TRY flavorless cereal until long after. I think she's finally over the gagging thing, though she will ONCE in awhile. I don't even know WHY they make peas baby food and whatever else. It's gross and she thinks so to. I can't MAKE her eat it, and I sure wouldn't eat it.
Yesterday was the first day of our dinner group! I'm thrilled. It took me longer to triple the recipe, than I had planned for. We were all 30+ minutes late, so I think it happened to all of us. I am so happy. I can't believe I don't have to mess the kitchen up today OR tomorrow and not to mention, I don't have to stress about what to make, or when. It's done! And we'll have left overs. It makes me happy.
I have been watching WAY too much tv lately. So I'm trying to stay away from it this week. It was just way too much. To think of all I could've done and instead wasted it on slutty Grey's Anatomy.
13 comments:
hah I love your posts. They are always wonderful! Geocaching- never done it! Sounds interesting. And exhausting :)Scarlet looked SO CUTE with her chubby little face sticking out of greg's coat. hah i loved it. And that's so sad about the grouchiness she's been goin through!
The baby food- I think that is a good idea about not feeding her stuff you wouldn't eat...but like- yeah, we all eat yogurt and think it's healthy, so it should be healthy for her too I'd think!
Love you SO MUCH! We all go through phases with TV- so dont' beat yourself up too much about it...as long as it doesn't turn into your life permanently I guess!
Oh yeah- you look really pretty in the pics. I really love your new hair cut.
Yep teething stinks. Gunnar just breezed right thorough it. He was never cranky. Brecken is just a little irritable. Early this morning he screams so bad like he was dying. I went in there put his blanket back on and pacifier in his mouth and he was out again. Don't feel bad. Brecken also gets excited when he sees the baby tylenol. Oh brother. I too would never want to eat some of those baby foods but I always mix them in with some sort of cereal to tone down the taste a little. Brecken is now in a no baby food phase. He knows that we are eating something different and doesn't like it. Geocaching looks like a lot of fun. We have friends that do it.
Oh man I love geocaching! Way to go, getting outside and hiking around with Scarlett in the carrier, that's awesome! I'm jealous of the gorgeous scenery. Such a cute picture of you!
I don't know if I believe you, Scarlett was the most perfect baby I have ever seen! Teething can be a beast though, I hope you can get some sleep soon!
That was great! I'm jealous of Pat. That was the way Aliese was with me. Oh Well. I love her hat, I hope you found it!! I think that is cool that you went geocashing. We had the scouts do that at day camp and they loved it. There box was much bigger though!! You didnt' tell us if you took something out and if you put something back?
I was the same way with baby food. You guys ate what we ate. I just blended it up in my baby grinder. None of you liked rice cereal, so I don't think I even tried it after the first few kids. Teething how I hated it!! We wait and wait for that first tooth, but it's not over after that!!! She loves the outdoors because it is perfect. It obeys God perfectly. Sis Lake said that one time and it rang so true with me. Tv, ugh! I'm into Lost again, it is a bad thing (not Lost) but the addiction!!! Oh well, we can just keep trying. I am sewing today, but I watched an episode during lunch! I'll probably end up watching another one today! I hope not! I love you!!!
haha Gray's anatomy. Ok- You never tolkd us what you got in the geo caching- What did you get? don't you get prizes? and what did you leave for the next person? sounds fun! I want to do it! baby food- haha. yuck- pea food sounds gross. tv- yeah...... been there done that. I LOVE scarlet in greg's coat- so cute! love you! and you look so pretty in all the pics! holy cow, can't believe you had a baby with that body! You look amazing! love you-
oh and by th eway- I would love a cancer survivor shirt- I was hoping someone would get me one when I finsihed, but nobody did, and I felt funny buying one for myself. But maybe I just should. Thanks for thinking of me!
I used to waste my time on slutty Greys Anatomy too!!!! But not anymore now I waste it some other way.
Jett is teething too and it is the pits. He still sleeps fine but when he is awake he is such a turd and won't let me get anything done. It is so frustrating.
I haven't really ever heard of geocaching before. Who leaves these things out in the wild for people to find? And how do you even know where to find them? Sounds like a fun way to get out of the house. I bet my kids would love it! Is it always a pretty difficult hike?
I love your posts. The hiking sounds really fun. I told my mom about Scarlet and how much she loves being outside and she said it was the same with me. She said I would be freezing sometimes, but I would not want to come in. It's so funny. She looks so cute with her chubby little head just barely sticking out of the coat. I love how much she is smiling.
You look really pretty in those pictures. You just look so happy and your smile is so pretty. I love it. I love you! :)
I love your pictures! Scarlet is sooooo cute, i love her cheeks! Hope life is wonderful for you guys.
Oh gosh I get so behind on your blog because the follow link thing broke and I forget yours doesn't pop up on with new posts now.
Emma is nine months now and is cutting her first tooth... a MOLAR!!!! She has really had some tough days. It did get a little better though when I picked up some all natural teething gel from the health food store. It is supposed to help the teeth come through easier among other things. Emma loves it. Maybe it could help with Scarlet too! BTW If I didn't already say so our girls do look SO SO much a like. So fun.
oh and my goodness I LOVE HER CHUBBY CHEEKS!!!!! Her smile is TOO TOO cute with all those chubs.
Oh, Scarlet looks so cute peeking out of Greg's coat! Geocaching is totally fun, and what a trek that one was! I'm glad y'all got out and had a good time.
Post a Comment