You probably think I'm talking about flying to CA for my sister Rebecca's wedding- and I AM excited. But I can't stop thinking about this game we're getting!!!! First things first. Greg and I are NOT gamers. We love board and card games, but we're not video game people. We will dabble, but we've never invested in them, or have gotten TOO into it. Infact, I have been SOOOOOO baffled by how much $ people spend on these things. XBOXES, PLAYSTATIONS. I can never keep these things straight. I refer to them all as NINTENDO, because that what video games were growing up. People have given me enough weird looks after saying nintendo, for everything , that now I don't. OK, so saying that. We went to our friend's house for dinner last week and they had just bought a KINECT for their XBOX 360. Now back up again. Greg mentions this "kinect" thing sometime around Christmas saying, "Megan there's this crazy game you don't need controls for. It senses your body and that's all you need to play." Then he goes on about this particular dancing game that he knows I'll just love. I say something like, "Uh huh." I was sort of interested but didn't pay too much attention 'cause it's not like we were gonna get it and it couldn't be TOO amazing. but it is!!!! HOLY COW!!! I tried the demo at their house. The first song is LADY GAGA and they "break down" all the moves in the song. They have easy, medium and hard. I start on medium and within a couple moves switch to hard mode. It actually takes a good 20 minutes to learn the moves and then you put it all together and it's this great routine! It was so fun. So then I try the other demo and it's POISON, a really old song from gradeschool and it was sooooooo much harder. I was SO out of breath and tired halfway thru the routine after I had learned it. Before I had finished I said to Greg, "I want to get this game." As in, "I think I want to buy an xbox 360, just to play this one game." I am still a little surprised how little debate there was to get this expensive game system. And it's just plain weird to get an xbox 360. We're just not that kind of people. I mean honestly, it seems everyone is those kind of people. We just weren't. And now I guess we are. ANYWAY. It won't get here for 2 freakin' WEEKS. That is just toooooo long. I've been obsessing about it. Looking up youtube videos nonstop and even dreaming about it in my sleep a little bit. Well, here's a little example for you . . . it's just like a dance class in your own room! This is a whole routine on the hard level. Can' you just see me doing this? I can't wait. Not to mention the pounds that will melt off that have just been sticking around. Oh yes, and ALLLL the music is good. Not some, all of it. That is so nice. Oh yeah, so if you do watch this, there is always a "freestyle" moment where you just do whatever and it films you and plays it back to you. So when it gets weird, for a sec, that's what it is. And yes, this is a "guy's" routine, but it is way cool, so I'm showing it. SKIP TO THE 30 SECOND MARK. That's when it starts.
OH yes, I almost forgot. As I said, you use your body to control it. So to select songs and levels you simply raise your arm and it hilites the screen. It literally feels like "you have the force". No joke. It makes you feel like you have special powers. Can you tell I love this game? I love this game.
Here's a girl one.
9 comments:
Sounds like a real work-out and should be a lot of fun!!! I am happy for you Love you
I AM SO JEALOUS! That's so awesome! We have played that dancing game and it IS SO FUN! Seriously, best dancing game ever! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!
You make me want one!! And then I remember I am the most uncoordinated person ever and can't dance to save my life. It looks like it would be a fun way to workout though. =)
We bought an xbox 360 and kinects with the money Ben won and Julie just bought this game last week. Love it!!! I wish I could play it with you because that would be SUPER fun!
Ha ha, I am totally with you, I call them all nintendo because I don't know the difference. Except with the wii...I know what that is.
This game does sound totally radical though, I would have fun with it for sure. Way to go!!
I live that you geocache, it's so much fun and such a good way to get outdoors and explore new places. Steve and I need a hobby that we can do together, we watch too much tv.
The Bachelor and Bachelorette is pure TRASH, lol...why does everyone love it?
Scarlett is beautiful, and have so much fun at the wedding with your fam. Tell Rebecca congratulations!
I'm so happy for you! I bet you have it now and are loving it. I just played it for the first time yesterday and it was so hard. I haven't broken down any moves but I think I will. I'm so happy for you! Have fun! :)
Okay, I didn't mean to say it was hard. I don't know why I did because it isn't. I meant to say it was fun and cool. That's all. :)
Oh, and I love your new blog setup. The blue background with Scarlet's blue outfit... I love it. It's a really good picture, too. Okay, last comment on this post. I promise. :)
That looks so cool, almost tempting!! I can totally see you doing that! I am very happy for you!! I love your new opening pic, she is such a cutie!!! love you!!!
Post a Comment