Before I forget to say anything- the 4th of July happened! I forgot to mention it. Basically, I just wanted to remember that Scarlet LOVED the fireworks. She watched them the whole time. The noise and chaos didn't bug her a bit. It was really cute. I just love her!
Ok, the Muellers came to visit! These are old friends from Eugene. We used to always have dinner together and when we moved to Europe, they moved and we lost contact. Somehow they met up with one of Greg's siblings at church and they got our number and within a few weeks they came down to say hi!
They were just the same. Except that Xillmarre (I do not know if I spelled that right) and Alexa were 3 years older. And they had Henry, whom we had never met. Their kids were awesome and so sweet. Henry was sweet for Scarlet, that's for sure. Within 15 minutes he couldn't stop kissing her right on the mouth. I mean like 15 kisses right in a row. Scarlet didn't mind until about the 3rd day and started pushing him away. I'd never seen her kiss a little boy before. I tried to get a picture but I kept missing it.
Usually with kids I have to really pay attention to make sure they're not poking Scarlet's eyes out, but they were all so gentle and I didn't have to worry about a thing! It was great! We mostly just hung around the house. They went to the park for a few hours each day, which gave me a nice break. Greg had to work a bit while they were here, which kind of stunk. He even got called in for 5 hours. The last day we went to Pat and Randy's and swam in the pool. It was nice.
It was the first time Scarlet had a good time at the pool. It was awesome. Just a little freak out while adjusting to the water and then she was fine!
Oh by the way, I have a ton of hi lites now. This pic doesn't show it SO well, but it was hard to get a good picture. I swapped with my girlfriend really late one night. We both gave each other hi lites and I cut her hair. It was much lighter than planned, but I loved it the first night. Then I freaked and hated it for 2 weeks, and now I love it again. When I mention how blond it is, other people say it isn't THAT blond. So maybe I'm being a BIT self conscious.
I am so baby hungry, it is ridiculous. I keep looking at old pictures and videos of Scarlet just longing to hold a teeny tiny baby in my arms. Is that CRAZY?!? The feeling has been creeping along all year and now it is full fledged, "I want a baby now!" I always think, "Man, this is going to be so much easier with number 2. I know how to DO everything now!" And then I remember Scarlet and it's like, "Oh yeah, how am I going to have TWO babies? How can I take care of a newborn AND still be a Mom to Scarlet?" But she'll be almost 2 by then, assuming we can get pregnant quickly. So it wouldn't be like having a baby with Scarlet this young. But we'll see. Today I was thinking that this year has been 10 times smoother than I ever dreamed, so maybe having two won't be as hard as I expect. I do tend to expect the absolute worst. Don't expect any announcements anytime soon and don't ask me either. I'm not one to announce pregnancy until I'm far along. I don't think that will ever change.
It's just like everyone says. They change so much the first year. It is incredible. I look at old pictures where she is so much smaller and can't even roll over. And to think that was less than a year ago? It goes SO fast. I'm SO glad I was hear to witness it. I wouldn't want to do it any other way. I'm so grateful I can stay home! I look at her and she's still my baby, but I feel it fading. She's not far from the "toddlerness" and all her babyness will be gone!!! I think that's why I'm wanting a newborn so bad. I feel it going away. But it's not gone yet.
I started Weight Watchers again. I am still 20 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight. Lots of days I feel awesome and don't feel like I need to lose anything. And then the very next day I'll be wearing something that really shows some rolls or I see a picture and go, "Wait- do I really look like that?" And then I freak out. One day after another, I know I look the same- but the way I see myself can REALLY change from one day to the next. Anyway. I know I look FINE, but I want to look 20 pounds less. I want a flatter stomach. So I'm going for it again. Let's see what happens. For some reason I was panicked I wouldn't lose anything, but I've already lost 2 pounds and it hasn't even been a week! YES!!! I really hope I keep it up. I keep thinking I look fine and then I always go back to not feeling fine. I want to feel fine all the time and I just don't think I'm going to unless I lose some weight!
This was my 28th birthday-
8 comments:
Oh meggyboo,you look fabulous. If you want to loose weight that's fine, but you don't have to. I have told mom so many times, "have you seen megan in her pictures? she looks so good!" But that's cool you lost 2 pounds! When I see pics of me in highschool I'm like "whoa- when did i change?! I used to be so hot!" haaha. I LOVE SCARLET! I showed mike all the pics- he heard me moaning and saying "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh" and he's like "ok amy, I'll bite, let me look at these pictures", haha. he loves scarlet too. I'm so glad we got to know her before we moved. You will get to hold a new born at christmas! But I have a feeling you will be pregnant by then :) just a feeling! I LOVE your hair! So cute! haha- it is not BLONDE, but it's definetly lighter than you've had it in years. I love it. You're tempting me to get mine done. But I just don't really trust anyone but you..... it looks like you got some shoes from rei- that's cool. I"ve always wondered how comfortable they are. Do you like them? love you
Thats cool you're on WW again. It's just such a healthy lifestyle from what I've observed...I think it'd be good for everyone! Like Amy said, I think you look great! But if losing a few pounds will make you feel better, why not? Scarlet is so cute. Oh and your hair looks great! You should try and get a better lighting picture so we can really get an idea of what it looks like. I'm so excited for you to have another baby! Scarlet is so perfect I just can't wait to see whose next :) Love you so much! Sorry I missed your call earlier- we were in seattle.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Scarlet in that hat! I know we have seen it before, but I always love it every time I see it. Baby hungries, it's a part of being a woman. I had them until Rebecca had Aliese and then it magically went away For me I guess grandkids do it for me. You look gorgeous, but I know how it feels to not look the way you want. I think the main thing is to never expect that you will look exactly like you did before the baby. In your clothes maybe, but not without them. One of my receptionists went in for her female checkup and was doing the routine and said, have you ever had a baby? and she said no, then she said oh that explains it, I have never felt a womans stomach after she has a baby like yours. Blonde hair, I know what you mean. When your hair is as dark as ours, lots of highlights seems like its to light. But when I look at yours it doesn't seem that way, but I know its hard to tell in pics. that is so funny about the kisses from that little boy. I wonder if his mom and dad kiss him on the lips. Having two babies was hard for me, 3 was a dream. But I have talked to lots of women who thought 2 was a lot easier than 3. So maybe it depends on personality, age difference and etc. Love and miss you!
love all the pictures at the pool- such a bummer we haven't gotten to swim with scarlet yet. I was looking at your blog, and I was definitely there when you took that picture on your 28th birthday. So funny- it's crazy how time flies.
So glsd to hear you are going to WW if you want to lose weight, that is the most healthy way to do it. I thought you look fabulous when we were there, and the pics are great. Pretty baby and pretty mama hugs and kisses
Your hair looks great! I know what you mean about looking the same but feeling different about yourself on a day to day basis. I do it too! Some days I think that I look great and some days I just feel ugly. I think you currently look Beautiful!!! But you have to do what you have to do to feel good and confident! Again Scarlet is just so dang cute!!!!!
I love the pictures at the pool. They are so bright and colorful. I love pictures like that. And that's cool that you got highlights! It's too bad we can't really see them, but oh well. Every time I see Scarlet in pictures I think "why didn't I take advantage of the time I had with her at the wedding?" I could have watched her so much more than I did. Oh well. Next time. I love you!
Time for a new post :) Love you
Post a Comment