It's just like they say. They change so much the first year. Think about a year and how fast it goes, now. THIS is what my baby looked like one year ago.

So teeny! I can't believe all the ways she's changed and grown in the last 12 months. This girl came out smiling. Literally smiled within hours, if not an hour. I wasn't really conscious to notice the first couple hours. But definitely after that she was SMILING!!!

And she honestly hasn't stopped since!
The fact that says babies don't smile for weeks/months/whatever it is, is BALOGNE!!!! She has smiled everyday of her life. I think there were two days that she didn't because she was hungry all day (during the horrible nursing days), but I'm not even positive that's true. This girl was born happy!
These days Scarlet is sharing her food constantly. She takes a bite then sticks it out for you to take a bite. As much as I don't like to share her food, it is so sweet and I love that she's so thoughtful!
I've mentioned it before, but this girl loves music and dancing. It just gets more and more intense as time passes and she just gets more and more into it. If you turn on music she stops what she's doing, turns to flash you a big grin and starts bobbing her head, moving her arms- and if she's standing she bounces up and down. I can't wait to see what she can do, once she can walk. I think she'll just go crazy with the music on! Definitely her mother's daughter. Though I don't know if I danced that early. The thing that surprises me the most, though, is that she likes ALL music! Country, pop, rap, rock. I mean EVERYTHING. She's definitely not very motivated to walk. She doesn't even try to. A couple times it LOOKS like she's gonna try, and then she sits down. Oh well, I'm not worried about it at all. I love seeing her crawl around. Once she's standing and walking, it will just make her look that much older. And as exciting as it is, it also makes me sad. She's getting so big!
Scarlet will only snuggle while standing and in an upright position so she can lay her head on my shoulder. She does NOT like being held like a baby in the classic rocking position. That one's been out the window atleast 2 months. It drives me crazy, because she will be tired or cranky or just snuggling away and then as soon as you sit down, she wriggles away. No matter what. It's the worst. Because if she's cranky and needs to be held, she'll still wriggle away and then just whine at you! It drives me crazy. The only time she'll let you sit and snuggle is at 3am when she's woken up from something unpleasant and is really out of it. That's it. She loves to snuggle though. Sometimes I feel like I abuse her cheeks because I kiss them alot. It's close to making out with them, I swear! And she never minds. She loves being loved. I'm not sure she'll grow out of it. I'm sure she won't want to be smothered, like she is now, but I think she'll be one of those snuggly kids. We'll see.
It's gotten to the unfortunate point that Scarlet has to eat whatever we're eating. It doesn't matter if she just had the biggest meal of her life. The moment she sees me with a plate or bowl of something, she drops whatever she's doing and quickly crawls on over, stands up and whines at me 'till I give her something. It is the WORST. I can usually get in one meal a day in peace, because she's napping, but that's it. I remember this phase with Oisin (when I was a nanny). It was the worst. I just want a meal in PEACE! But I suppose I need to get over that one, because it's not going away any time soon.
When she drops something she says, "Uh oh." It is soooooo cute. I looooooove it.
I don't think she will EVER say mama. She has said dada for months. Mama, just isn't gonna happen. Not anytime soon, anyway.
She has her 2 bottom teeth, right in the center. I keep thinking more teeth are coming, and then they never do. I'll get these ridiculous momentary thoughts of, "What if no more teeth are coming? What if she doesn't have any left?" It sounds a little crazy of a thought, but I was born with one of my molars missing.
I'm definitely her number one, and I like it. I admit, sometimes I DON'T like it. It seems if something's ever wrong, somehow it's always my job to fix it. If she's hungry, needs a change she never crawls or cries to Greg, it's always in my direction. But I like that she likes me. I definitely want her too. But she loves her Daddy. It's pretty funny, sometimes when she passes me up for him. I like it though. She gets really excited when he comes home/wakes up. She definitely notices now when he's gone, because she seems way more excited than she used to be- when he comes home in the morning.
She's the most incredible thing that Greg and I have ever done! We love her so much! She's really the high light of our life! We're so glad she's around!
Tomorrow is Greg and I's 6th Anniversary. If I'm lucky, we'll get 2 hours together.
Life has been so good the last 2 weeks. I like when things are normal. I don't like to be busy. Scarlet, for whatever reason keeps waking up all night long. I usually only have to actually go in to SEE her once, if at all. But I hear her on the monitor atleast every 3 hours, but once we get to 5 or 6am, it can be every half hour! It has been bad. Teething? Who knows. I don't know what else it can be. She's not sick anymore. And she's waking earlier too. I miss the good ol' days of 12 hours without a sound. I still have hope they'll come back. I just can't remember a stretch this bad. It never lasts more than 3 days and this has. Oh well. It could be worse.
9 comments:
I agree about the smiling thing. All of my babies smiled in the hospital and they were smiling not just gassy or whatever. Sweet little newborn baby smiles! Jett is exactly the same with the music and the dancing. It is so fun to watch. It's really crazy how fast they grow! Scarlet is so beautiful! I love her newborn photos!
wow. i can't believe she's a year. i had no idea. that went by so fast. she is so adorable.
the food thing...totally annoying. elle won't sit in a highchair anymore, ONLY on MY lap and wants to eat what I'm eating with HER using the fork. it's sooooo messy and it never looks as appetizing after she's messed with it.
thanks for all of your comments. you are so sweet. happy anniversary.
i'm off to read your "Ranting" now. = )
Happy Birthday Scarlet! That year has flown by. All of our babies are turning one pretty quickly. Does she have any teeth? Cami doesn't and we keep asking Heidi if there are any in there. Nothing in site and she is nearing one as well. Brecken had about 5 at his birthday so we keep thinking it is so weird. I can not stand feeding babies! It takes forever. Brecken gets a bite and then I quickly try to eat as much as possible before his next or I just don't end up eating until he is all done. Drives me nuts!
Wow- a year! She is so stinking cute. I love hearing about her new little things. Like the food. And I love hearing about her love for music and dancing! :) :) So fun. Love you!!!!!
She's a year already! Wow, that flew by. She sure does seem like a smiley baby, so cute. Cami fit into the whole not smiling for a couple of months thing.
Oh boy, 1 year old!! It's amazing isn't it. She is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. She probably dances so much because you do and because she is like you. And you're right you aren't going to get any peace at meal time until the family is all gone! It's always something, when they are little like Scarlet it's like what she's doing and when she gets a little older you are still fixing her plate and etc. Then it's the "I hate this its yucky", then it's so much noise you can hardly think-and its the kids having fun so you can't get mad at them. Then it's the he's touching me, shes staring at me. And my favorite, an argument between one of the kids and you or Greg or the kids arguing between each other. That's why you and Greg will have date nights! Sorry to be such a downer! Love you!!
I love that baby and she was born smiling, so cute and such a love. I am sorry you can't eat a meal, it is annoying I am sure, but you forget it, because I don't remember that one and I am sure it happened. You will just have to go out without her once in awhile to eat. I can't believe it has been a year since she was born. Time flies on by. I pray you will get more time with Greg soon. Life has to get easier for you I love you Hugs and Kisses
I love that baby and she was born smiling, so cute and such a love. I am sorry you can't eat a meal, it is annoying I am sure, but you forget it, because I don't remember that one and I am sure it happened. You will just have to go out without her once in awhile to eat. I can't believe it has been a year since she was born. Time flies on by. I pray you will get more time with Greg soon. Life has to get easier for you I love you Hugs and Kisses
Post a Comment