Tonight our Relief Society Activity was a clothing swap. It was AWESOME!!!! First of all, I literally had 5+ bags of clothes that have been sitting around waiting for Goodwill. So now they are all GONE. And I got a TON of stuff for Scarlet!!!! I am so happy about it. When people give you clothes it can be so awkward sometimes! For instance, we're all looking for things and before I know it, friends are beside me looking at clothes for Scarlet and they'll lift one up and say, "Oh you have to get this! It's so cute!" And in my mind I'm just thinking, "Uh, I would never put that on Scarlet." But you can't say that out loud. It just feels rude. But you don't want to TAKE it, KNOWING she'll never wear it and it will just sit in my house, taking up space. I was pretty good about passing things up, but finally got coaxed in when literally 3 people were simultaneously telling me I had to get something for her. It was cute, but it's not for me. But now it's in my trunk. The last year I have taken way too many things for free thinking, "Well I wouldn't have picked it out, but ok, I'll keep it." And then I NEVER put it on her. I will literally put her in the same 5 outfits over and over because I like them best. I think I just care too much about fashion. But I DO. If I had an endless supply of money, the only thing that would change in my life is my wardrobe and traveling. But mostly my wardrobe.
6 comments:
HAH- I love it. I totally know what you mean! When Clay and I talk about what we would do with millions of dollars, I always immediately think of updating my wardrobe. Love you.
hahahah, that was great! I'm not sure if that was a big deal to me. My mom bought most of Rebecca's clothes and I assume I bought the rest. I know what you mean about people thinking they know whats best for you, a major pain in the rear. As far as clothes for me, well, we all know how much I love clothes! Love you!!
lol Meg! That's why I don't knit for you or Scarlet because it might not be exactly what you wanted and I just wasted a few weeks or months knitting something that will never be worn. If I ran into money you know I'd buy a sidecar instead of clothes.
HAHAHAH- I totaly know what you mean- I went to goodwill with a friend- and she wasw like "OH THAT'S SO CUTE! YOU HAVE TO GET THAT FOR MADDIE!" (when i was pregnnat) and I thought it was so ugly- well- not ugly- but NOT me at all- not cute. it was like- more old fashioned. And I even ended up buying a few things just because they were cheap- and now they're in my closet and I'm like- why the heck did I buy that? ha- oh brother. I never thought I"d be one of those mom's that cared about what my child looked like-p but now that I have one- Iw ant her to be the cutest- ha. love you- loved the post.
You could always take the clothes you don't like to a consignment boutique store. They have a couple in Eugene. I don't know about medford. They then jive you store credit and then you can pick out something you love. I love doing it. I had clothes I never put on Alia. Then when Kylee came around I was like I am tired of having clothes I won't put on her. SO I turned them in for clothes I like.
I've learned that lesson too - only get it if you like it no matter how cheap or free. Otherwise it will sit in your house taking up space. I finally started taking things she wasn't wearing to consignment and have gotten credit towards clothes I like.
Post a Comment