I finally look pregnant. I've been so busy and hardly looking in the mirror and the last 2 days I'll glimpse myself and go, "Wo, Greg. Look at me. I'm pregnant." I know it's kinda like DUH, but it's weird to look pregnant and big. I can't believe I'm just gonna get bigger. I felt cute my WHOLE PREGNANCY with Scarlet (ok, maybe not the last week). This isn't the case with this one. I just feel BIG and not so cute. Just round.
We are moved IN. It's done!!!! The ONLY thing left is wall hangings and I was all gung ho about it, but I am TIRED. TIRED of working. TIRED of ignoring Scarlet. TIRED of not having FUN!!!! So I put them in the spare room and they'll go up when they go up. I can probably hang them all myself, anyway. So I'll get to it when I get to it. But for now I'm taking a break and going back to my regular life.
Everytime I go grocery shopping I feel like I've been molested. I feel like I've been seriously wronged. I knew it would be MORE, but seriously- produce averages 3x what it was back home. THREE TIMES!!!! Spinach back home was 30 oz for around $3? Maybe 4? I don't know. Now it's $3 for 9 oz. That's 3 times expensive. Oranges are $1 each. EACH PEOPLE!!! Not by the pound. Peppers are $4/lb. Green peppers are $3/lb. Green onions are $1.50 and a bunch of cilantro is $2!!!! INSANE! INSANE! INSANE! I literally get sad in the produce section. Back home you'd get 5 lbs of frozen chicken for what $6? Here it's $13. That's $2 a breast. Next time I'm shopping costco, we'll see how it compares. We bought a FEW things there that were the SAME price, back home. But it wasn't produce. Anyway, it gives me a stomach ache and makes me sad- but what are we going to do- NOT EAT? Not really an option. I'm glad we have savings.
Greg starts work Monday! We're both really anxious about it. We're wondering how the traffic is going to be.
Scarlet's been doing great. We're finally back in our routine and she goes to sleep, like an angel, just like she used to. She's been loving the little tots park in the complex and there are ALWAYS little kids her age there. Every time. It makes me happy that she'll be able to play with other kids, even if we're house bound. I cannot WAIT for the pool to open!!!! But it's still another 2 months.
There are ants outside our doorway and they crawl in a few here and there and I HATE ants, but I thought- oh I'll call the managers whenever about it. So far they just hang out in the doorway. But I found one by our bed tonight and just now I thought I had a hair falling on my chest and turns out I had to squish a little ant RIGHT IN MY CLEAVAGE!!!! That's a first. Not a likely place to squish an ant. ARGH!!!! I hope we don't t have to face this all year and I hope they don't get into our food. Atleast they're the little ones.
11 comments:
So sorry that the produce is so high, but maybe when you get to church some of the sisters have a better place to shop. Hope you don't have heartburn too often, check out what you are eating, it may tell you something. I think it is a good idea to get the wall hangings in a place to hide for awhile, and do them when you feel like it. You need a rest for a little while. I am so glad Scarlet is back to her routine, such a sweet little girl. Love you all
Heartburn was worse with my second. Never had it with Gunnar. It stinks. Ant season here tends to be the spring. We just know we have them around and then they disappear. Hopefully that is the case with you. I'm not a fan of them either.
I only get heart burn when I am pregnant. When I had it with Jackson I had no idea what it was because I had never had it before and the name heart burn doesn't correctly describe what is happening. So I didn't do anything about it forever. Finally someone introduced me to tums and then helped a ton. That is so funny that you squished an ant in your cleavage!
Cinnamon is a good way to get rid of ants. They won't crawl through it, so just sprinkle it around where they're getting in.
I thought i'd commented. I read it right away. Anyway- heartburn sucks. I'm sorry you have it. Just be glad it's not a regular part of your life outside of pregnancy...I can't imagine what it will be like for me since I already have problems!
Ants...YUCK.
You'll have to update us on how Greg likes his job! I'm so excited for him. and you.
Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a really funny old wives tale linking heartburn to baby hair. So maybe the baby is growing tons of hair right now? LOL. Gotta love the old superstitions.
It was nice chatting on the phone with you guys last night. I hope that we can skype soon.
PAHAHHAHA the ant in your cleavage! good blog- on to the next one- love you
also- i have a good concoction for heart burn i used when pregnant. I got it really bad too. call me abou tit- love ou bye
Ugh, I hate heartburn. I never had it until I was pregnant. My ob had me take an over the counter med that worked really well - I think it was maybe Prevacid?
Yikes on the produce prices!
Post a Comment