Monday, October 29, 2012

Bleh, I've been waiting for this stupid hurricane all day!!! I wish it would just come already! I suppose that's a horrible thing to say. It's definitely going to be bad, but it's just coming and I'm just WAITING for it. Some people are FREAKING OUT and then some people send me texts about the rainy weather and say, "Come over for a play date." What? So confusing. I've been busy cleaning and washing clothes and preparing food we can eat cold or heat on the stove. And now that everything's done I'm bored out of my mind. I just hope whatever comes, it comes fast and leaves fast and nothing flies at our windows. Or our car, for that matter. We can survive the rest. Worst case, we can all bundle up in fleece and sleep in my bed together. We have so many storms here and are always losing power. It's always come back within the day so I REALLLLLLY hope the same happens this time around. We'll see.

We've been letting the kids cry it out and it's been killer. Oh man. And then they'll go down, no problem and I think, "It worked! The pain is over! They're going to bed on their own!" And then Scarlet screams for over an hour and falls asleep on her bedroom floor. Sometimes when I hear them cry I'm so strong and think, "This is ok. It's for their own good. They need to sleep. This won't last forever. It IS doing some good." And then other times I feel like the crappiest Mom on the planet.

One thing that I have realized is . . . the kids don't like when it HAPPENS, but they're just fine afterwards. One time I went in after Brighton was screaming forever and right when he saw me he smiled SO BIG. And then I realized he's not mad at me. And Scarlet definitely knows it's all my doing and I can take all her nap time pain away, but she doesn't hold it against me either. So that realization has made it easier, but it still STINKS.

I feel really horrible now wishing this hurricane would move along. I really wish it would just blow back into the ocean and go away.

Eh, I just opened my door to check out the weather and it is CRAZY windy. This storm is definitely on it's way. Now I'm feeling a little nervous.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

You do have so many storms. Crazy. Scarlet and Brighton are so cute together.

Danielle said...

I was so glad to get your text this morning that all is well where you are at. It would be a bit nerve racking that's for sure! So glad it wasn't bad where you were at like it was in other places. Love you!!!!!!

HeidiT said...

I have been wondering how bad the storm really is. I am HORRIBLE at the crying it out thing, breaks my heart every time.

Shannon said...

I am dying to see Scarlet in her costume. I know that it's only been a few days and you are busy. Too bad Brighton's was too large for him.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I am so relieved that you are all safe. crying it out sucks. remember when you told me to do it with maddie, like it was no big deal- haha. Harder when it's your own! love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

How bad was the storm where you are? I don't think I saw if it was that bad where you are. Blog about it if you can. I hated crying it out, and it is hard on the mom. I think moms get the hardest hit. I love you and hope you are fine. Megan did I make you guys a Christmas throw for Christmas last year???? I can't remember if I did or not if not I need to get on it. Could you e-mail me and let me know. Hugs