Brighton got his first haircut.
And the end result was still nice and patchy. I figured this would happen, BUT I tried anyway.
Still lookin' good.
Then after staring at the patchiness all day I decided I HAD to cut it again! Still very patchy, but I think it looks a little better.
2 haircuts in one day! Busy life!
Greg does this all the time. He'll lay down somewhere nearby and start to snore and I say, "You should go sleep in bed so you actually rest." In which he responds with, "But I want to be with you!" And then goes back to snoring.
BTW we don't keep our pillows on the ground. He made a fort with Scarlet, before his tiredness kicked in.
Ah, Daddy's finally home for good. He was gone 6 WEEKS. Yikes. We were really used to having him gone so much, that when he was HOME it felt unnatural. Not in a BAD way, we like having him around- but it was just weird for it to be weird that he's home.
I was pretty psyched to have him around to help and the day he got home he got sick, along with both of the kids. I am as well, but seem to be bearing it well, so I guess I'm still doing most of the work for awhile, bummer. I need a day off! Last night was pretty killer. It was the first time Brighton had a hard time sleeping. I know, what a whiner I am. But he always just goes right back down after his night feeds and I had to let him cry it out a little. He's also been feeding twice a night AND Scarlet's been waking up and sleeping with me. All of this amounts to me not sleeping at all. Oh well, I know it will pass.
I put Brighton in the little play station for the first time this week! He loves it! I'm so glad he's big enough for it. I tried it weeks ago and he was still too small. Scarlet definitely loves playing with it and he loves watching her.
It's always nice when you can add another activity or distraction to their day.
He's gettin' big.
Having fun in the block box.
Bringing all the stuffed animals inside too.
Brighton and Scarlet are already friends. It's so cute. He LOVES her. He is so into her when she's playing. He can't keep his eyes off her. And she's so sweet and involves him all the time. He was watching her play with beans so intently that I put him in the bumbo so he would be with her. She immediately filled a cup of beans, set it in front of him and said, "Here you go, Brighton!" So sweet. I'm glad they love each other.
Poor little Brighton had a 102 temp the other day. Scarlet's temp has never been past 99 and that always made her grumpy. He actually wasn't grumpy until it went back to normal and now he's having a hard time and is pretty stuffed up. It's kinda sad.
7 comments:
just looked at both blogs- SO CUTE. I love all of it. Yoru kids are so so cute. thanks for posting so much. Tha twould be wierd to have greg gone so much and then have him around all of a sudden all the time. sick babies are awful! love you
THANK YOUL!! Your dad and I were watching and talking about how different it is today. We can be so much a part of the grandkids lives. You crack me up about the hair thing!! I guess I didn't like the old man hair either and if I had been a hair dresser, I probably would have tried to fix his too. :-) They are so cute. I think all kids love boxes. We should just go to the store and get boxes for presents. Sorry you are all so sick. mom always has to be well even when she is sick. love and miss you!!
I love Brighton with the cape on. haha so cute. I love it all.
What a busy fun household!
I really love that you post so much so we can be a part of your lives. I knew that Greg was gone, but six weeks??? that is awhile. I am sorry for all of the sickness. Moms just don't get to be sick, but dads, they sometimes think they are the sickest people in the world. And of course they can't do a thing, as they are too SICK!!! Oh well I think moms are just strong because God made them that way. You are truly a great mom. Love you Kiss those cuties for me.
Hearing you talk about your kids hair cracks me up! I love how you notice things that the average "non-hairstylist" mom wouldn't.
Six weeks is a long time, that's so nice that Greg is home...not so great that you guys all got sick!
They are so very cute!! It's it great when they are big enough to play in the toys!! I bet you are glad that Greg is back. That would be hard to have him gone for 6 weeks, but you did it!! You are stronger than I am!!
Post a Comment