Monday, December 17, 2012

The last month, one of us or all of us were sick. It never seemed to end. Scarlet seemed to be sleeping in our bed that whole month too. We used to hate having her in bed with us. She's like a tornado, constantly in motion and I've literally been kicked in the face. She's just completely wild in bed. But she's mellowed out and we've gotten used to her being there. And honestly, sometimes we miss her and want her to come to bed with us. I never thought I'd say that.


Brighton's first bath in the tub.

A friend from Greg's work gave us this outfit. It's cute, but it's weird. It's just not our style. I only put it on him once and it weirded me out the whole time. I'm giving it away. It's too nice to be so unappreciated.


Playing in the tent with Daddy.






I don't think I blogged about my sister Rebecca coming to visit. She came around a month ago. It was really great. It was pretty sad, she got really sick within hours of arriving. So she only got to hold Brighton a couple of hours and then we kept the kids away from her :( She was so ill she had to sit on the couch the whole time, but honestly we had a great time! We just talked and talked, which is honestly what I like to do with family. Especially if I haven't seen them in awhile. I gave her ideas about snack prep and introduce her to Indian food. She introduced me to Love and Logic and it's changed EVERYTHING with Scarlet. It is so much easier to discipline her now. It seems there is something else she introduced me to, that changed everything, but now I can't remember.

Decorating the Christmas Tree.



I thought Scarlet would be way into it, but she wasn't. She was excited for about 2 minutes and then was way cranky and we put her to bed. This whole Christmas Season has NOT been what I planned. I was SOOOOO excited to do crafts and play music and watch movies. I've listened to Christmas music a LITTLE, watched NO movies and I did finally do 2 small crafts with Scarlet the other day. We got our tree up REALLY late. Just the WHOLE THING. I had so much planned and nothing happened. I've been too stressed about planning the ward christmas program among just being a Mamma. Hopefully next year will be more festive. It will HAVE to be! Everyone in Kyrgyzstan is Muslim! No one celebrates Christmas! The only place we'll get that christmas feeling will be in our own home.

We had a friend take some family shots by the tree.




A couple weeks ago we went to Idaho to see Danielle and Clay. We had a great time! It was mild weather, we thought it would be so much colder. This is us walking to see chickens.

Scarlet LOVED Date. She called him "Danteh". It was really cute. I couldn't get over how HUGE he was for 3 days. He really looked like a dinosaur to me. But Scarlet just fell inlove the moment she met him! So crazy! I mean, he literally towers over her. In the morning she would wake up and ask for him and talk about him sleeping and wanting him to wake up. It was so nice that we didn't have to worry about food for Scarlet. And Dan made some YUMMY treats while we were there. Holy smokes. I just DEVOURED the cinnamon rolls. I really had to control myself. And I didn't do a very good job. We talked a bunch and took Scarlet to a pet store. It was such a great idea! I never thought to do that before. She loved it. We played Balderdash and I kicked everyone's buns! I was really surprised. I thought I'd come in last, for sure. We played another game and I was the WORST. I mean literally everyone was heading towards the end of the board and I was just a few spaces from the starting point. It was really horrible. Trivia. I'm so bad at those games. Danielle and I went to a ZUMBA class. Oh man. It was so much FUN!!!! I love Zumba. It's a secret fantasy of mine to be a Zumba instructor. It was BY FAR the best class I've ever been too. I was so impressed and jealous of Danielle. Her ears had some reaction and literally closed up. Like there was no more ear hole. It was CRAZY. I felt really bad for her. It was so nice being in a house again. It really had a nice feeling. It was nice being in Idaho. It reminded Greg and I a lot of Central Point. We loved Central Point. I think small towns are nice. Neighborhoods that aren't crammed are nice. It was just nice.

I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I feel like I didn't do any of these events justice, but too much time has passed and I'm only going to forget more and more and lately I just don't have time for anything. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

9 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Love, love, love the pics. Greg is brave to let you take pics of the baths! I thought you did a good job of posting the trips. I find it very hard to blog right away after a trip and then hard to remember all the cool things. It is so hard when everyone gets sick. The great thing about life is there is always next year and Scarlet will be more into it. I went to zumba with Danielle also, it was fun. They have a class at Yachats that several of my friends go to, so I am thinking about doing that with them. I'm so glad Rebecca came and that you got to go to Danielle's. Love and miss you!!

Danielle said...

That pic of you and Scarlet sleeping is so precious.

It's so funny what you said about that sporty outfit on Brighton. I just don't dig them either. And what's crazy is they are so expensive! That outfit definitely doesn't look like you guys. Funny.

I read this yesterday on my iphone and am just now commenting...so I'm having a hard time remembering it all...but I loved it all and I love you!

Hills said...

Megan, you might not love the little adidas outfit but Brighton is sooooo cute in it! Seriously! ...If it happens to make it back to Oregon...I wouldn't be upset!!! :)

Shannon said...

I have to agree with Hills. I love the track outfit. But you reserve the right to be picky. Before I had Otsy I thought that I would be picky about colors but I am way more picky about practicality. Like I almost never put Otsy in pants even though I love the leggings and jeggings that she owns. I think that I will have her wear them when she can stand but they're too much work for me right now. The good thing is that I predict that she will be in underwear in a few months so she will fit into her pants collection for a long time.

I love Scarlet's PJs and that you are letting her sleep with you guys. It's a great way for you all to bond.

And I loved the Christmas tree family pictures. You all look so cute together.

HeidiT said...

Cami never sleeps in our bed but there are times that I think the same thing about missing her and wishing she would! (Especially this week since Ren is out of town)
Love and Logic is the best!! I've had various trainings on it for work and I think it makes so much sense and works so well.
I'm with you on the track suit, interesting style. I used to feel obligated to keep outfits people gave us that weren't my style until I realized that it's just taking up space so I started donating or trading them at consignment stores.

Brooke Jackson said...

Sorry that you guys all got sick, that sounds awful. But I love what you said about having Scarlet in bed. Sometimes if our daughter wakes up in the wee hours of the morning, I just bring her to bed. And although I also get kicked in the face, I still love it because it's just like you said, sometimes I miss her and just want to cuddle her in bed. (I likewise never thought I'd ever want to have the kid sleeping in our bed.)

Love the first picture of Scarlet, she looks so sweet. And Brighton in the bath! Eeek! Makes me want another baby.

(P.S. I hope it's okay that I'm commenting. Amy told me I should just go ahead and comment, and that it would be okay... so I hope it is.)

Merry Christmas!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I would love it if maddie slept with us! there's no way she would, she would just play. does she go in your bed already alseep? i don't understand how it works? there's just no way maddie would do that! sounds really sweet. loved all the pics, so so sweet. love you!

Kristi M. said...

Gunnar was a great sleeper with us. He would wake up each morning when Jeff went to work, climb into my bed and sleep for another hour or so. I loved it. Brecken is a total nightmare and nobody likes sleeping with him. Snuggle time is the best though. The track suit cracked me up! Totally made me think of what Jeff describes as "sasho" (or something like that) suits in Bulgaria when he lived there. He said people would wear track suit type things all of the time.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I thought I comment on this post, but it looks like I didn't.
Sorry, I loved this post and all of the pictures of the kids they are so precious and cute. I love Brighton's smile and he seems so happy. Scarlet sleeping with you is so sweet, it brought back memories of when I had little ones that thought my bed was so much better than theirs. Thanks for the Christmas present, you are so sweet to send it to us. We love you so much. Happy New year and I hope it brings you lots of Happy moments and blessings. Hugs