Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wow, I am exhausted. I should go to bed but just feel like talking to somebody. I know nobody is there, but you know, it's sort of the same thing :)

Today's been a good day. No melt downs. Not even one. I was honestly smiling so much of the day. It was light. I even had the windows open for hours!

I had a phone appointment with Scarlet's doctor and we're starting a new antibiotic. It's supposed to be nasty and we'll be easing into it. The good news is this is sort of the finale of her treatment! Hoorah! I have no idea how long she'll be on it, I'm sure it will be decided as her body reacts to it.

My brother in law's liver is not doing well. He has to stop his antibiotics until it gets better. Please pray for him.

I've been trying to get a cookbook together for MONTHS. I'm nearly there. I have the smallest of details to add and then I can order it. Probably tomorrow!!! I'm especially psyched about it. It's everything I make, but adapted to how we eat. No gluten, no sugar, no meat. Now instead of sorting through recipes I have and getting confused along the way- it's all nicely written out and not confusing at all. Not to mention all my recipes are in one book. I'm REALLY excited about it. And I left blank pages for recipes I  know I'll be adding along the way.

It's official. I work out everyday. It's become routine now and it's been awesome. Let's be honest, I'm doing it to lose weight. But even if I had no more to lose, I would still be doing it because it gives me so much energy. And let's face it, I need all the energy I can get to have enough to raise these kids! I'd love to say I'm working out for health reasons, but really that's just a perk.

I don't want to jinx it, but I think we're finally in a routine! It only fails if I sleep in. If I DON'T (and I'm getting better) it goes something like this-

7am wake up, feed Brighton, breakfast for S and I, play with kids/do dishes
8:30 put B down for a nap, work out, shower, dress
10:30 B wakes up and feeds, play w/kids/dishes/pick up house/laundry
11:30 lunch
12:00 pm BOTH KIDS DOWN FOR A NAP (but lately, B has been waking after a half hour. we're working on it)
2pm kids wake up, B feeds
DO SOMETHING FUN OUTSIDE!!!! or playdate
4:30pm make dinner
5:30pm dinner with Daddy
playtime/downtime
7:30pm bedtime routine for kids
8pm Scarlet in bed, feed Brighton
9pm B in bed

As for me, who knows when I get to bed. It gets earlier and earlier every night. I think I went to bed around 9pm last night. Brighton usually wakes around 5:30 for a feed and then we sleep another hour or two.

This has ACTUALLY been happening all week. Pretty crazy! There are bumps here and there, but OVERALL it's fairly consistent and seems to be getting more so as the week progresses. Yesterday they were both asleep before 9pm, today they were asleep by 8:45. It makes me a happy Mommy. This is how I actually finished my cookbook! Suddenly I had 3 hours to work on it! That doesn't happen during the day. I can't think of one occasion where I had more than 20 minutes to myself all week.

Greg's been gone all week. I'm happy he's coming home tomorrow. But I've actually had very few meltdowns and each one was pretty quick. So I think that's pretty good!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

That's so exciting about your cookbook. Very smart to leave some blank pages so you can add to it. I can't wait till I get these two girls on a routine like that! It is going really well, but It would be so nice to have them taking one nap at the same time. We should skype again soon.

Amy said...

This all sounds so amazing! What an awesome schedule! I think when I am not pregnant anymore I am going to try and get on a better schedule. For now I do what I have the energy for which honestly is not very much. We have a pretty solid morning routine and night time routine, but the middle gets a little messy.

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

I LOVE having a schedule, especially when I stick to it. So happy your schedule is working out for you and the kids. I love reading your blog, and your siblings. You are ALL so real, I love it. I looked thru the last couple posts, as always I think your kids are adorable. Scarlet and Brighton look so much alike. Super cute. Anyway hope life is wonderful for you and the family. I bet your excited to see your hubby today. Have fun and enjoy your weekend!

Brooke Jackson said...

It's really cool that you're writing a cookbook. You should think about "publishing" it out there as an e-book for the public to buy, I bet there are people who like to eat healthy / are vegetarian / have to be wheat free / have Lyme disease would be interested. (Obviously I don't have a clue what's really in your book, I'm just guessing.) You never know, I have some friends who like to write and self-publish their work as e-books and they make some money! I'd probably buy it!

Anyway, keep up the amazing-ness. You're such an inspiration.

HeidiT said...

That's great that you have a routine down, I love being scheduled. It's extra impressive that you did it while Greg was gone. Ren's only been gone for work twice since Cami was born and all normalcy goes out the window when he is!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Sounds like you have things worked out pretty well. I am so happy for you and I hope it continues, and that Scarlet continues to get better and that all of her little organs stay good. We pray for them all each night, and we will join everyone on Sunday for Clay. I am so happy for you to be able to stay alone so much with the kids and that you do so well with it. You are one brave lady, and a great mommie. So proud to be your grandmama. I love you and yours so very much. Hugs and Kisses

Danielle said...

That all sounds great! But what I'm really excited about is THIS COOKBOOK! I WANT ONE! I will pay for it! You are amazing to get that accomplished! I had dreams of doing that but it just fizzled. I want I want I want. haha. Love you!!!!!!