Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Well, if you haven't heard already- I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Hence, all the sickness last month! Part of it WAS actual sickness, not pregnancy- but it was ON TOP of the pregnancy, which made it pretty nasty for a couple weeks.

Seriously, I have never been so sick before. It was the WORST. I have always been one of the fortunate few who aren't bothered by pregnancy. I have often forgot I was even pregnant (WELL into my pregnancies) until I catch myself in the mirror and I have a HUGE belly and remember, "Oh yeah. I'm pregnant!" So this time, 6 weeks in and I can barely get off the couch has been a whole other ball game for me. If I even SAT UP, I felt like puking. I just had to literally lay down on the couch and watch the kids play. They actually did pretty well. Then Greg went to Romania and Scarlet started puking and having diarrhea that very night. It was the worst timing. Then Greg came home and was pretty sick, then the kids picked up milder versions of it- all the while I'm taking care of everyone, and then last of all I got it and it seemed to be the worst for me. Ugh, it was just never ending.

And then BAM! After 4 weeks it was like someone waved a magic wand and I felt amazing for 3 days. Now mild morning sickness is sort of all throughout the day. I say I will not complain, but that's honestly a lie. I still totally complain! But it is soooooo much better than just 2 weeks ago. 

It's been snowing! Last saturday we went to the mountains again! It had been over 4 weeks, maybe longer. It was a long time. We told Scarlet we were gonna take her sledding. Our friends stayed at our house 'till past MIDNIGHT the night before so Greg and I were feelin' it the next day. We felt so horrible, but we couldn't back down after telling Scarlet we would go. We wanted to go anyway, but were just so tired. 

So we got out pretty late, maybe 2 or 3pm? The kids were NOT happy when we got there. They were full of whines and it made it hard to keep going. But by the end, we were sledding down the path and sipping hot chocolate and having lots of fun.





I didn't realize I was doing the peace sign.

Chocolate on the face.

Comin' back for more.


Does it get cuter than this?

I had the time of my life sledding. I couldn't believe how fast I was going! I had NO CONTROL! I almost hit a tree! But I was laughing the whole way. It reminded me of swimming in the ocean with my sisters, last summer. It was just so fun and free and really made me feel like a kid, in the best way. I think I have a fuzzy memory of sledding ONCE???? But that's not even concrete. I don't remember sledding at all in my lifetime. IT IS SO FUN!!!! Oh man. I love it.

On the way home, I was blown away at the mountains so much that I had Greg pull over so I could try to capture it. The coolest part of the mountains here is that they just pan out, completely across the horizon. They sort of blend in with the sky in this pic. 
Being in the mountains again was seriously healing my soul. I can't describe it any other way. We only stayed 2 hours, but I could've used some more mountain medication. It's just so good to be there. I didn't notice all the graffiti in the background before!

I've been reading this book called SPARK. It's all about how exercise effects your brain. Fascinating. I am loving it. Right now it's getting into quite a lot of brain lingo, it can get a little overwhelming, but it's so informational. Basically, what some scientists are learning (all pretty recent studies) is that exercise is pretty much the best thing for your brain. It instantly raises your levels or hormones and chemicals and all the right things that balance out your brain and make it run more efficiently. So you're not only thinking more clearly, able to take on challenges easier, etc- but your MOOD and everything else is immediately effected for the better. And not only does it effect everything that makes your brain run smoother, it ALSO raises levels that make your brain GROW. So after you exercise, your brain is seriously PRIMED to take on the biggest task of your day. These changes happen after one work out session. They've done tests on rats, where the ones that exercise have bigger brains that weigh heavier. There are schools that have implemented a really cool PE program, that is all based on FITNESS, rather than sports and your grade is based on you HEART RATE level. And these schools have an average of INCREASED test scores and grade of 16%. That's going from a C to an A, or D to a B. That is seriously a difference! Anyway, clearly there's a lot more info than what I'm spitting off here- but it is really interesting and has given me such a motivation to work out! So I have a couple times this week and I'm not kidding you- I got WAY MORE DONE those two days. Like tons. I can't help thinking it is NOT a coincidence.

Scarlet has gotten really intense lately. Like when I tell her no, she raises her hand high in the air and slaps in down hard as she yells, "No Mommy!" or whatever she decides to say. SHE IS LYING TO ME NOW!!!! She tells me she ate her banana, when she really just threw it away! I hoped this day would never come. But today, something really sweet happened. She was playing with scissors, and magically a hole appears in her leggings- which she shows me. I ask, "Did you cut that hole with the scissors?" in which she says no. So I say ok and we walk down stairs and before we reach the bottom stair she says, "Mommy, I have to tell the truth. I cut the hole with the scissors." I was really sad she lied, but it melted my heart that she felt guilty and needed to tell the truth. That made me really happy.

Is anyone else blown away at how fast Christmas is coming? It's flying by! Way too fast! I have big events planned for the last week and soon they'll be here.

I've been making a point to get out of the house when the babysitter comes, otherwise Scarlet just comes into my room and won't leave. Kind of defeats the purpose. I want to find a yoga class or something. I wish they had zumba here. That would be the best. But who knows, maybe that would be too intense right now.

Last night, Scarlet told Greg her sister baby's name (the one in my belly) is Camilla and she's American.

I've really been making a point to not go out everyday and it's made all the difference. It might sounds weird, but I just feel pressure to get out and I don't like telling my driver we're staying home for the day. It makes me uncomfortable. But I've been doing it anyway, and it's been getting easier and less difficult for me- so that's good. 

It's weird, sad and exciting that I'll be in the USA for 3 whole months this summer/spring! I think it will STINK to b eon the plane, possibly alone with the kids- like TRAUMATIZING pain. I think it will STINK to be away from Greg a good amount of that time. I think it will stink AGAIN flying back, with a 6 week old AND my two other children. More traumatization. But living in the USA for 3 whole months? HALLELUJAH! It is such a heavenly place. I think one can only truly understand if they've been away a long time, and not in a comparable place :)

Well, I'm going to go. Just felt like blogging! Miss you guys!

4 comments:

Aliese the Writer said...

First of all, I'm so happy for you that you're pregnant! And your picture on instagram is so cute. You seriously do not look like you're pregnant with your third baby. You look way to slim and fit for that. You are gorgeous in all the pics, btw. I'm so glad you got to go sledding! I hate the cold and can't believe I survived Idaho, but it was always so fun going sledding. I think I had a couple sledding birthday parties. I wanted to say more, but gotta go. Love you!

Danielle said...

Everything is so cute and I love you.

HeidiT said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be having another baby, can't wait to hear all about it.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Love love love the pictures! It's always hard when your kids lie to you I hated it. That's great to Greg got away. I'm glad she's getting some alone time that's really important for sanity. I want to read that Book it's sounds fascinating. I really believe it because I haven't been working out the last two or three weeks and I can feel things just getting harder and anxiety that I don't normally feel and just more tired and groggy. You look seriously so beautiful in those pictures and that reptile place crazy. I can't remember everything else I was going to say but I'm so glad you blog. That's one of my New Year's resolutions I am going to blog more. I deleted a whole bunch of TV shows I taped I decided I was watching too much TV. If I don't watch so much TV I can blog more. I love and miss you!!