This is our church group. Adam is transferring to Romania this week, so we took a picture. This is inside where we have Sacrament Meeting. Right behind us is where the sacrament is blessed. You can see the keyboard on the right, where I play the hymns. And just to the left is a stand alone pulpit (like at Primary) for talks. In the "congregation" is just normal folding chairs that we sit in. It's a pretty basic room, but it's nice to have! I wish I wasn't wearing my coat- my bump is finally noticeable!
We're all doing good. Zumba class has been so much fun. I look forward to it so much. I wish I could go three times a week, but can only get away two mornings. I'm finally feeling pregnant. My last Zumba class, I wouldn't say my stomach was in THE WAY, but suddenly it was THERE and I couldn't pull up my knee as high for certain moves and during our cool down we bent forward and I couldn't do it very well, because my stomach just stopped me short a little bit. My stomach is starting to feel more "hard" and pregnant like. Less squishy. I forgot what that feels like! It's weird to think about a tiny baby and breast feeding again. I know it wasn't that long ago I was doing it all, but it feels like it! I don't want to jinx myself- but I think it's all going to work out with this one! I just have faith that the baby will sleep better and get in a schedule and life will still be great, even with lots of naps and feeding! My mind is sort of processing- "Ok, I'll have a newborn, but I have 2 kids that need to GET OUT and I want to GET OUT. WE'VE GOT TO GET OUT!!!!!" I DON'T want to stay couped up for 4 months. That's usually my routine. It's REALLY hard for me to get back in teh swing of things, after a baby. But I'm hopeful this one will sleep, then I'll be able to sleep- that makes a DRAMATIC difference right there. And if this one just falls into a great schedule, we can actually PLAN THINGS. We HAVE to plan things. I don't have a car I can just jump into when the baby wakes up. I have to tell Pavel what time. That can be difficult with a newborn. But I don't know, I really do have this good feeling like it's all gonna work out.
I made Reeses Chewy Chocolate Cookies today and they were sooooooo good. It's been a long time. We made them for Adam and his friend Robbie, who were leaving. Man, they were good. I guess there's not much to report on. Things are good.
I've been thinking about throwing a kid party- just for the heck of it. Maybe a Pirate Party, or something BUG themed. Any ideas? Scarlet had her birthday RIGHT after we moved here and we didn't really have friends yet, so I want her to have a special party. And what the heck, it's winter and boring- why not have an Unbirthday Party of some kind? But really- if you have a great idea, let me know!
I FORGOT!!!! I cut someone's hair! It was so much fun!!!! It was a major change for her- short, sassy and fun- it was just the sort of cut I like to do. She loved it and we all went to a party that night and everyone saw it and was really impressed and talking about getting their own hair cut by me. It felt good. I've missed that feeling. It will sound snooty, but it was nice to have people know I was GOOD at something. My hair really isn't amazing right now and that's all that really represents me as a stylist. Now I feel like people are impressed and I like that! It's been so long since I've done any hair- I was starting to worry I'd lost my touch. But I was so happy with it. I definitely want to get back into it when the kids grow up. I think that would be so fun.
6 comments:
You're really good at hair! I always love the color and cuts I got from you. You were clear on what a person wants for their hair so there weren't any mix ups! So nice... It's fun to do that I bet, especially since it's probably been awhile. Pirate pArty sounds fun! I saw your pins :) I wish we could see you in person with your belly, I love pregnant women because they're so cute with the tummies! It sounds like everything is great for you guys right now! It's so nice that you can have so much time on weekends with Greg too!
That's so great you got to cut someone's hair! I'm sure you'll be the go to person from now on. How fun.
Great shot of your church group. You'll be so glad you took that! It's crazy because that one family sure beefed it up! It used to be so much smaller.
Glad Zumba is going well...funny about your belly...but I have to say if you were bringing your knee up THAT high before, that is impressive!
Love you!
You are the best hairdresser I have ever had and that is saying alot!!! I am not saying it because you are my daughter, I am saying it because it is true!! I have been hoping you would do my hair when you come, but I didn't know weather that would be a burden to you. I MISS your hair cuts. When you cut my hair, I ALWAYS got compliments, even from strangers. I miss that.
An unbirthday party sounds like sooo much fun. I loved your group church pic. I love blogs for that reason, I get to see your life. Well, when you are here it will be easy to get out because we will all be here to help. I think it will go better this time. It was a breeze with Lizzie. I think it was because Rebecca and Jake played together all the time, they were best buds. I think that is the way Scarlet and Brighton will be. Not that Brighton won't be jealous, but that first part he will be here getting lots of attention, so hopefully that will help the transition for him. I think that is awesome that you are doing Zumba. And it is weird how hard tummy's are when we are pregnant. Love you sooo much
You are the best hairstyist I have ever watched and the haircuts you did for me were superb. I am glad you got to do someone's hair and it is so satisfing to be able to see the ability is still there. Some things are like riding a bike we just don't forget how to do it. The unbirthday party sounds like fun do it. I can't wait for you to be here and to be able to see the kids and how they have grown and changed. Your church group looks like fun. Scarlet and Brighton are already such great buddies now so that should continue after the new little one is here. I can't wait for you to know what it is. I have so many prego granddaughters, three Arnold girls and Tiffany Mattison. I am excitied for all of them to arrive and to watch our zion growing. Hugs and take good care of yourselves, I pray for your health each day.
that's cool that you want to do hair when the kids grow up. and i know what you mean having people know you're goood at something :) I love it when people find out i'm good at someting! ha- it makes me feel good. THanks for showing us the church group! it was nice to see it all, and so funny to see you all in these huge snow boots. haha. love you!
Bec and I were just talking last night about how amazing you are at haircuts. How we used to get complimented everywhere we went and how it stopped the second you stopped cutting our hair.
I threw a pirate party for the kids one summer just for the fun of it. It was my favorite party we've done. the kids birthdays are in jan right after christmas so it makes it hard for me to throw parties. one august we were bored so we threw a party. the kids helped with all of it. super fun.
Post a Comment