Tanner and Brighton had a blast. Tanner was so good and sweet to him and played with him all the time. Brighton loved it. I loved watching it. It was so cute and sweet.

We had 10 straight days of company and after everyone left it was like a great calm swept over the house. It's been nice and mellow ever since. Mom took the kids out to plant some carrot seeds in her greenhouse. It's pretty cute watching her with the kids.
Dad's been taking Brighton out to play on the beach almost every morning, which has been great. Brighton just can't get enough of playing in the sand, running with sticks and jumping in puddles. He is adorable to watch. Scarlet has shown that she is a ROCK CLIMBER. There are a ton of rocks in front of my parent's house and she just climbs to the top, over and over and over, finding new pathways each time. She loves it and we get so excited, each time she reaches the top. Brighton wants to, but he gets stuck and it's too hard for me to carry him down, right now (all big and pregnant), so I feel bad but I tell him he has to stop after a couple of rocks.
Everything's going well with the pregnancy. I had an ultrasound that predicted he is over 7 lbs right now, which would put us around 8.5 lbs at birth. We'll see what happens. Man, Greg told me about this video of a woman delivering her own baby in a stream. I couldn't help but check it out. YIKES!!!! Watching birth is always scary. It is anything but beautiful. All I can think is, "What is happening! HOW is this happening? Why isn't she split open?! Is the baby being crushed and going to die of suffocation? The baby is all purple! This doesn't look right! A woman isn't supposed to stretch that far! THIS IS SO UNNATURAL AND WRONG!!!!!" I feel bad saying ALL of these things, because obviously it IS natural and perfect, but YOWSA that's a seriously scary thing to watch.
I've been thinking about going into labor and sort of dreading it. But I suppose there's no way around it. I'm getting pretty excited to meet our little guy though! I just wonder what he will be like! His own little personality and traits. I'm excited to meet him!
We've been able to talk to Greg online everyday, which has been great. That has gone so much better than I ever expected. I thought maybe the kids wouldn't want to talk, or we'd have nothing to say- but we honestly talk 1-2 hours everyday! It's been really great and made it easier on everyone. But we're excited to have him back! We've all been missing him!!!




3 comments:
ok the birth- i totally agree, it is so awful. and Also- I thought that the second time I'd be really calmed about it, since i know what it is like now, but it kind of makes me want an epidural more bc i remember how awful it was. Ugh. I feel like last time i was so focused, and prepared, and this time I just haven't even been thinking about it. And lately I"ve had these aches in my back, which reminds me of pain- and i'm like- why am i do a natural birth again?! ugh it just sounds awful. haha. watching births are like bad car wrecks, they are so awful, but you can't help but watch. haha
oh and that is so great that dad is takign brighton out every day.
Dad told me he's been going on lots of walks with Brighton and its been fun! Oh man- I am so with you on births....its like I can feel my face contorted in a horrified expression, not able to help it, because it really is just insanity! I am a bit nervous about doing it...but like you said, there's not really a way around it...
Love you!
Post a Comment