Baby 101- Oh my gosh! Taking care of a baby is so hard! I feel like I'm learning it all new again, for the first time! What the heck. I remember this with Brighton, thinking how I'd forgotten it all and couldn't believe that I had. Well, with this being number #3, I DON'T KNOW WHY- but I thought I'd just strap him on like a purse and it'd be no big deal. Honestly! I don't know what I was thinking! Greg is here constantly, so whenever he fusses- I'm pretty bad and just hand him off to Greg. I've never done that before with babies. Normally I make everyone hand them to me the moment they cry- including Greg. It's just been different this time. So if he's any real trouble to soothe, I just pass him to Greg and that's that.
Well, Greg took Scarlet and Brighton camping the last two nights, so they've been gone the last 3 days, basically. Taking care of a baby is the most time consuming thing! You'd think I'd never done this before! I don't shower 'till 2, I don't get out of the house 'till 3. I STILL don't eat my breakfast 'till it's cold. I can't fix my hair or get dressed until an HOUR after I shower. Everything is just constantly being interrupted and put off 'till later, it is INSANE!!!!
It's not COMPLETELY like the others. It seems with the other two there was much more despair and "WILL THIS EVER END???!!!!" but this time I'm like, "Oh man, you're having a rough night!" if he's crying a lot or "bummer, I guess I'll just watch tv AGAIN while I hold you for 2 hours." I don't know, but I just forgot it was this way. I have a lot more patience this time, so that's easier, but it is still ridiculous how a baby hogs the day! I don't know how I'll get anything done. I think my hair doing days are gone forever- at least for the next 4 months. Oh man. And clothes, I think I'm gonna live in my underwear for a month. It just takes so long to do those things.
I had no idea Greg was helping so much! I mean, I knew he was- but MAN!!! It's a lot more than I realized. I think my world is gonna get ROCKED when we move back home. Oh man. It will not be pretty- and the jetlag! Like the labor- I'm just not gonna think about that!
All that aside, he's stinkin' cute. I just love him. We all do. He just asleep in the crib and I think he's so cute. How are babies just so cute?!!
3 comments:
Oh no. This worries me for my next baby. I already feel like I've forgotten everything.
I think Heavenly Father makes us forget so we will do it all over again. I think I was born when I was so I wouldn't thing I had a choice. I also said to your dad the other day that I think the reason I got married so young was so I could have so many babies. I know you are young but I think every year slows us down a little. I was sill in my teens when I had Rebecca, and not far out of them when I had Jake. I was all done when I was 31. I think there is no way I could have done all I did if I hadn't been so young. But I still remember not getting any thing done. I remember getting up before you all woke up so I could get something done. You chose to have your babies close like I did, it's hard, but Heavenly Father wound't have sent them if you couldn't do it. You are more amazing than you think. I also think when you are home in your own surroundings it will be easier. Emotionally we do better in our own space. You have handled all the unknown, which is really hard, very well. Love you!!!
OH megan, once again, you are so strong! i don't know how you do it all! lizzie said to me, do you realize megan has had 3 kids since i've had elle? You have alot of responsibility and in the strangest conditions (living abroad etc) You are a strong woman. AS fara s the jet lag and all that goes, I really believe that Heavenly Father makes up for what we can't do. He's not gonna let you go crazy on the plane, or when you get home, or have you fall asleep and forget about your kids, he will give you what you need. I know easier to read, than believe, but it's true. I love you so much- and soon enough you'll be back in Krg, and jet lag will be over, and you'll be writing about how good life is again i love you.
Post a Comment