Marius gets some big time love from his older brother. It's a constant battle to keep Brighton away from Marius. He will literally be jumping all around him. Giving him toys. Poking his eyes. None of it to be mean- he's just so excited around him and always wants to touch him.
He loves him SO MUCH. He has literally ran to the bed, while I'm nursing him and said, excitedly 5 times in a row, "I LOVE MARIUS!" Melt my heart! I am so climbed all over while nursing. I get so overwhelmed sometimes. And I have to let them have "one more hug and kiss" for Marius. They both just love him so much.
This was a late birthday gift for Brighton. A Jake and the Neverland Pirates costume. It was a big hit. He loved it and was SO excited!!! It was the cutest thing to see him in it. At home all we have are princess dresses. It was great to see him in boy dress up clothes. It made me want to get more.
Little Marius just keeps keeping on. He's gettin' chubbier everyday. He's getting more aware and is trying to grab at things now. It's pretty exciting! I wish we had out little baby mat at home that has things dangling over the top. I just know he'd love it!
Marius has thrush, right now, which really SUCKS. Hopefully it goes away soon.
Our last night in Eugene, I went out with my sister in laws- Hilary and Laurel. We went to Off the Waffle and Voodoo Donuts. We sat outside and I couldn't count how many crazy homeless people walked by. Seriously, it's like we were walking around in Homeless Land and we were the only ones in town that didn't have dreadlocks and regularly bathed. It was strange.
It was great to get out with the gals. I was desperate for some girl time.
Our last breakfast at the hotel. BREAKFAST. What a struggle. For the kids- it was a waffle with whip cream, just about every morning. There were many very loud, very long and very public breakdowns from Brighton during breakfast. So not fun. So uncomfortable to happen in the middle of everyone dishing and eating their morning meal. Oh well. Sadly for Greg, he had to deal with the bulk of it, while I slept in with the baby.
The kids, by the end, were so comfortable in the hotel, they just rand around playing and getting into everything.
Scarlet making a silly face.
On to Mom and Dad's. Greg bought kites and what a good idea it was!!! It was just a few dollars at Walmart! Here's Scarlet, flying a kite all by herself!!!
Is that awesome or what? I can't tell you how awesome it was watching Scarlet fly her own kite. I was so blown away. It was a mother moment for me.
Brighton was pretty excited too, pointing and talking about it.
Here's Brighton, flying one too. So cute!
It was funny how they often wouldn't be facing it and would just hold on to the string.
Playing in the sand AND flying a kite. Such skill!
This is my Dad showing the kids his boat.
Showing Scarlet some bait.
Mom and Dad have fun new toys to play with.
Tossing Brighton into the air.
Greg found a dead baby shark on his run!!! So we all went to see it.
Is that crazy cool or what? I was pretty excited about it. I wanted to touch it so bad, but we didn't want the kids to thing it was ok to touch dead animals so we had to resist. It was hard.
Scarlet man. This girl. She was so sad and didn't want to leave it because it's Mommy and Daddy weren't there. She didn't want to leave until they came so it would be ok. I tried to explain death to her, but it was above her understanding.
Brighton didn't want to smile for the camera.
Well, we were supposed to fly home 2 days ago, but we are still waiting for Marius's passports so we had to postpone. Hopefully it comes soon and we can return to our old life! We couldn't be more ready to go home. It's interesting, the longer time passes- the more comfortable the kids are with being here and the more Greg and I are getting restless. Tomorrow marks 3 MONTHS AGO that the kids and I left Kyrgyzstan. That is a long time. That's a long time to have schedules constantly fluctuate because so and so is in town just this week/month/whatever so it's ok if the kids stay up hours past bedtime AGAIN, or skip their nap completely. That's a long time to be living out of a suitcase, living without the space or things your family needs. I miss cooking. I miss my routine with the kids. I miss sitting outside in my pjs while the kids run around and I read a book, after breakfast. I miss putting B down for a nap, making LARA BARS and eating a snack while Scarlet watches a movie and I have a peaceful break in the day. I miss eating the food we like to eat. I miss having things be normal. I MISS IT ALL!!! I'm so excited to get back to it. I can't even describe to you. 90+ days is a very long time to have your life be in limbo and moving around month to month. Blah!!!!
Oh yes and I have 25 lbs to lose. Everyone keeps telling me how great I look, but I am 25 lbs heaver than I was before I got pregnant. There is a lot of extra that needs to LEAVE!!!! I expected 20. I hoped for 10, but 25???!!! Sigh. It is what it is. I've done it before, I'll do it again. I just wish I didn't have to. For instance, I've gone a few days without treats- but now I'm in the mood! But I'm not gonna lose weight if I make some brownies tonight, am I? So I must resist! Why can't it be easy? Why is there so much suffering involved with baby having?!! It's so unfair! That's the truth. To be honest with myself, I am SURE that this WHOLE 25 did not come with Marius. It came from all the Peanut Butter cups I ate by the pound almost every night we were in Eugene. It came from the entire batch of cookies I whipped up and EVERY SINGLE NIGHT I was at my parents BEFORE Marius was born. And none of this includes the icecream. I can't say I REGRET eating all that goodness. It sure was good. But now I'm paying for it. C'est la vie. I asked Mom to buy me some ZUMBA DVDS for my baby gift and I've been losing everyday! It's been fun, I really like it and it's definitely a work out!!! My body is so sore! I guessing if I keep it up, I'll be in a really good place in a couple months, but that seems so far away!!!! I wish it was NOW!!! Oh well.
4 comments:
I didn't knwo you had blogged so much! I've stopped checking altogether! Oh my gosh the pictures are so cute! Iw ondered why you weren't instagramming more, but i can see it's cause you blog!!!Oh my gosh everythign was just so fun and sweet. I am so happy that the kids love marius so much! You DO look REALLY good! I am so afraid of what I'm going to look like!!!!!! I have gained SO MUCH more this time bc of no gest. diabetes diet! And I've never really had to work on losing weight, I have a feeling I'm going to be very bad at it- ha. OH dear. Can't there be some special diet where you lose weight and eat lots of treats?! Ugh and working out just sounds awful. Maybe I'm just meant to be fat. ha. It sounds alot easier! You sure don't look like you need to lose 25 lbs, everyone is right, you look really good! And your face is so SKINNY! Oh my gosh seeing scarlet fly akite looked so fun, that's never even occured to me with maddie. I so want to try it now. Megan, you don't have to convince us how hard life has been, we all talk about you behind your back about how amazing you are. You seriously amaze all of. How you have no gone to the looney bin is beyond me. I can't believe the endurance and patience you have. 3 months is such a long tiem to be living the way you have, I think you are the strongest woman I know. I love oyou
I understand what it is to live out of a suitcase, I think it was the hardest part of my life. We stayed at our mission assignments for 6 to 8 months each. When we got home we stayed with your parents for about 3 months, because Ed and Judy were living in our house. Before that when I was your age we built so many new houses, and the one up on the McKinzie river took so long and our house sold, we didn't expect it to while we were in TX visiting so we lived in our motorhome and Grandpa Cook's trailer for about 2 months and 3 weeks. So I can relate and I feel so sad for you, it is sooo hard. I have watched you with all of this and I think you are amazing and patient. I also pray for you to lose the weight so you will be happy with yourself. I always gained after the kids were born. I usually kept my weight down while I was pregnant, it was later when I got depressed and ate too much. Your children are so CUTE flying the kites, and kissing and loving little Marius. So sweet. I loved the costume that B had on he is such a cutie and he is a real poser. Love it So sweet. Love you all I will mail the bags tomorrow. I have had a rough couple of days but I am much better today. Love you all we will have to skype when you get back over there. Hugs and kisses to all
Your kids all look so much alike, it always amazes me! That shark was SO cool. I can't imagine living out of a suitcase that long, it will be so nice for you to be in your own house.
So sorry to read that you're still waiting on passports. We have church friends from who were in a similar situation and I'm sad to say it took 6 months after their baby was born to get the passport. Ugh! We'll be praying it goes through soon for you.
Post a Comment