Eugene was so hectic. It was great seeing family but the "to do list" was SO pressing! We bought a car- a Toyota RAV4. We love it. It does faintly smell like a dog- but oh well. It is what it is now. That took a couple days. We had to shop for clothes, both Greg and I were in desperate need. Greg lost 30 lbs! Nothing fit at all, to a ridiculous degree. And I have been growing and shrinking the last 6 years with pregnancies and nursing babies, so I am so ready to splurge on a wardrobe that will actually fit my body more than 2 months at a time. All that took a bunch of time too. I can't remember the rest, but we just had so much to do, it hogged a lot of family time. Next year will hopefully be a lot better- we won't have to buy a car and we might want to shop, but it won't be a MUST. It seems so long ago now, I can't remember many details. But it was good to spend time with the Jentzches and especially to see all the cousins play together. It was so sweet seeing all the kids run around and play and get along so well. It really was so sweet to see. I loved it.
We went to Uncle Jeff for our dental exams- no cavities! Yea! I was so worried about Brighton- it was his first time at the dentist. But Jeff took them back, completely ALONE one at a time and they did great! I couldn't believe it! They came out smiling. It was amazing! When it was my turn for a cleaning, the POWER WENT OUT!!!! Right as the water pick was entering my mouth there was a loud BOOM!!! And the lights went out and the water pick stopped. A squirrel was chewing on a wire outside and electrocuted itself! They found it lying on it's back outside, dead. Pretty funny.
Grandma had to go to the hospital for a few days because of her leg and so we went to see her. The kids couldn't stop jumping off everything- literally. It was fun to watch 'em.
It was really good seeing Grandma. I love her so much. She is the sweetest lady. I was glad we all got to spend some time with her.
To thank Jeff for the dental work we took his family out to dinner. The kids were playing outside and having so much fun. It was fun to watch. We went to a new place and it was SOOOOO good. But then Jeff got food poisoning that night! So sad!
We met Laurel and Hilary at the park and the kids had a really good time. We sat in the shade and the kids picked flowers and ran in the field a bunch. It was strange to see them so far away. Their bodies seemed so small. They'd never PHYSICALLY been so distant from me. Even though I could see them and knew they were safe- it was totally weirding me out. Brighton was the sweetest and one by one gave a flower to me, Hilary and Laurel. Just like he was a Knight. So gentlemanly! I couldn't believe it! He did it all on his own and I just thought, "Oh! You're gonna be a gentleman! You're gonna treat the women in your life like queens!"
The kids couldn't get enough of little baby Zoe. She was still pretty new- a couple weeks?
Marius turned 1! We went to frozen yogurt and it was GOOD.
Little Marius. We love him so much and are so glad he's in our famliy.
The week of the fourth was the Arnold Family Reunion. We were all there! Greg hasn't been able to attend the last TWO because he was starting a new job BOTH times. This time, he was able to come. So that was good. There was a LOT of kids running around. A LOT of NOISE. A LOT of junk food. But it was fun! I even did my zumba once, but nobody joined me. We all went on a hike to the big tree. That was REALLY nice, actually. I loved it. It has been a looooooooong time since Greg and I went hiking. We used to go constantly. That was what we DID. But somehow after Marius was born, it always seemed like too much effort, so we never went. But being in NATURE. Being in QUIET. In beautiful natural surroundings! It was so peaceful and I absolutely loved it. It was like my soul got a hug and I realized we need to start doing this again. The kids had a great time too. I walked with Scarlet the whole time and we kept stopping to look at things- fungus growing on trees, a beaver dam and hive, I taught her about moss and ferns. We had the best time. Everyone was way ahead of us, because I kept stopping Scarlet to show her things. I had the best time.
Then all the adults just hung around talking. I love this picture.
My kids were so adventurous! I was so shocked, but liked seeing it. They were being really brave!
Even Brighton, who is pretty confident with jumping and climbing, they both took a lot of risks they hadn't taken before!
By the end the kids were spent and both had meltdowns. It was NOT FUN. Greg carried them the whole way. He is so strong.
Dad took the kids crabbing and it was so fun and so cool! What a neat experience! I hadn't been out on his boat in years and the kids LOVED IT. They were smiling so big and had the BEST TIME. I loved witnessing it. We all went in small groups, one after the other, and Amy and Maddie went with Scarlet, Brighton and I. It was so fun.
How cute are they?
Brighton was nervous and wanted me to hold him the whole time. I didn't mind. It was fun.
Amy helped pull up the crab cages.
Dad showing the crabs to the kids. We only caught one that was big enough to keep.
At one point, Dad opened a window and the air was blowing their hair back and the whole thing just looked so cool. I loved it.
All the kids flew kites. It was really cool looking. The picture doesn't do it a bit of justice. There were tons of kites flying around, little kids everywhere. It was so cute. Below are all my sisters sitting down to watch. From the left- Rebecca, Amy, Lizzie and Danielle.
I love watching my kids fly kites. There is something so sweet about it.
Oh man, I just love this kid.
Brighton ran around a bit in the creek by the house. I ran with him. It was really fun and we played swords with the sticks.
Marius got so soaked I just took off his heavy diaper and let him crawl around in the buff. Then I spent a good while trying to get that "perfect shot" of his sandy buns.
What can I say, Marius is such a sweety. He really loved eating that sand. I hated it. I didn't mind him eating a little, but he would just put handfuls again and again. He couldn't stop!
SWORDS!!!
More cute buns.
Marius was having a really good time.
The 4th of July we drove back to Eugene and lit up some fireworks with the Jentzsches. Honestly, it's kind of a blur, but it seems like we had fun! I think the kids really liked it. I did little sparklers with Marius and I sprinkled the POP ITS in a spread out pile and taught the kids to stomp on it almost like a tap dance or march, so they'd just get 'em all at once. I thought it was fun.
It was pretty cute seeing all the kids together with the sparklers. From the left- Marius, Brighton, Ari Scarlet and Olivia
Marius really liked watching it all.
Little Zoe was just a few weeks old! You'd never know Laurel just had a baby, she looks great and is so ahead of the game. She just bounced right back into life. I cannot do that. It's beyond my capabilities.
I love little Brighton! He is so CUTE!!!
Jeff lit all the big fireworks and had the kids help him. I thought it was so great.
We all just kind of hung out. It was nice!
Then we went to Rogue River and it was wonderful. The first couple days we were alone with Pat and Randy and then one by one, Laurel and Chris and Jeff and Hilary came. It was GREAT! We saw a movie, we shopped, hung out with the kids, swam, hot tubbed. It was really just nice hanging out all of us together. I was really nervous about ticks but everything turned out fine. The kids loved riding the lawn mower- especially Marius. Every time he went outside, he went straight for it! I couldn't keep him off of it. There was a lot of junk food and sweets around. I'm pretty confident I gained 8 pounds in those two weeks of the reunion and Pat and Randy's.
Marius staring out the window watching Grandpa on the lawn mower . . .
It was so great going to US quality playgrounds. What a difference. They were so beautiful and so well kept. It was quite amazing and awesome. I loved it. Greg had fun climbing all over and practicing his parkour moves.
More mower riding.
It was so fun having all the cousins together. They were so cute when they were all together.
2 comments:
We did have a great time didn't we. I loved the time you came, and I love all of your kids so much. You guys are really such fun and each one of your children have such unique ways. They are all special. Thank for posting on the blog, I do enjoy watching it all again, and seeing what you did while you were here. Such wonderful times. We are all so blessed to have you guys in our family. Hope all is well with you and that you are getting settled over in your new digs. Love you all so much.
Thank you Megan for sharing that! I loved everything pictures and descriptions It was fun to relive it all over again. The pictures were beautiful it was really fun
Post a Comment