Saturday, August 11, 2007

Alaska Trip

So I have been back from Alaska for awhile but haven't had time to blog it yet. Here are some highlights!


Fishing...




Hiking to Glaciers...




Boat Trip Through Icebergs...





Fresh Alaskan Seafood...

In all honesty I like Oregon's Dungeoness Crab much better, but the Halibut and other stuff we had were great.

Other Highlights:

Rafting
Camping
Sightseeing (awesome waterfalls, glaciers, tunnels, etc...)
Hiking up to a reservoir in the mountains
Wildlife: We saw lots of beavers, bald eagles, huge fish, sea lions, otters, humpback whales, puffins, and a moose (unfortunately we didn't get to see any bears).
Spending time with family while traveling around in a big R.V. (I was with my mom, dad, brother Chris, and my aunt and uncle from Germany).
No darkness for a week.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

awesome pics! I am a little confused though. It looks like you and your brother are walking around icebergs, which I assume cause the air to be cold, in shorts and sandals! Weren't you freezing? That looks like it was way fun though!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I loved the pics, especially the glaciers and snowy ones. It reminds me of a time I climbed half way up Jefferson. One of the funnest(i know that isn't a word) times I have ever had!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

k- first of all- teh fish picture- the fish blends in with the trees- so i couldn't see it- and I was like- why is he just showing us his rod? And then I finally found the fish- that's really cool- I have never been fishing- Ok second- the alaska pictures are so cool. That is crazy! Why the heck are you guys wearing shorts and sandals- isn't it freezing? That is so cool looking- you're lucky- and what the heck- why didn't you tell us you saw whales?!!!! I LOVE WHALES!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Hey Greg...those pictures are awesome! It looks so cold though! I hope you had a great time. I bet Meg's glad to have you back!