Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Working Out

So I went out this morning to work on the punching bag for the first time in 4 months probably. I only lasted 15 minutes, but hey! 15 is better than ZERO isn't it? Greg and I were taking a pretty intense self-defense/hand to hand combat class earlier in the year. It was a ton of punching and kicking, push ups and sit ups for the first 45 minutes. The last 15 we'd learn how to get out of specific situations (someone grabbing you from behind, someone coming at you with a knife, or pointing a gun at you). We'd practice one on one. Sounds like we're a little crazy, but it was SO MUCH FUN!!! We loved it! I'd feel really confident until I got paired with a man that was much bigger than me. I'd see their massive fist and bicep coming at my face and think, "Oh wow, if this really happened, I wouldn't stand a chance." But I must say, we learned a lot of great skills and I used to be incredibly paranoid about getting attacked and now I feel I actually have a chance now! Those 4 months Greg and I were DEFINITELY in the best shape of our lives. I'm trying to get back there.



Greg came out and took pictures of me and told me to post them. I personally don't like the "kicking" picture, but Greg told me to put it up.

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Megan, you are so tough. You guys should teach us some moves at our next reunion or something. There is a class offered at BYU-I that teaches that stuff but it's one of the few things there that AREN'T free, so....I decided not to do it. Anyway, you look sooo skinny in those pics. I bet your way more in shape than you think. I love you!!!

fiona said...

You look awesome! Like you really know what you're doing -- I bet you could totally take on any guy, but I hope you don't have to find out...Your gloves are cool!

Lizzie said...

You look so cute and hot and tough all at the same time. Greg must LOVE it! I want to take one of those classes you took. Maybe when I'm done nursing Kate.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

HAHAHHAH- I love it! especially the leg one

Rochelle said...

I LOVE the kicking pic the best! Your leg is so straight and strong!Good for you for ACTIVITY! Everyone should find an activity that they enjoy. Not just swimming up rapids and jumping off of waterfalls....which is my personal fav.

Jill said...

No wonder Greg was taking pictures--you look all tough and sexy! Who wouldn't want to brag about being married to such a babe! I wish Wade would do tough stuff like that...heh heh ok, he lifts weights. That's pretty tough I guess. :) You look great!

Chad and Jessica said...

Awesome, that's really cool you guys found a great activity to do together. Not only that but it's practical, fun and a great workout. Where did you take the classes?...I can't remember if you said already.

Emily said...

Megs, you are so hard core...those are the coolest pictures ever! Between your self defense classes and your gun-shooting abilities, I am never doing anything to piss you off!

I love you! You and all your toughness!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I think the pics are awesome!! I love you seeing you so empowered!! I wish I could take a class like that! You are amazing

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

ok I am so proud of you. for real- you're the bomb. Everyone is talking about working out these days and it's music to my ears.

I LOVE kickboxing class... i hope to teach one someday!!!

P.S you and gregg are so cute

P.P.S... i had a scary dream with you in it- weird right?!

Emily said...

It's because she shoots guns and could totally take someone out with her moves...I'd have scary dreams too!

Ilene said...

Ah, I can hear the theme song from Rocky in the background when I look at those pictures.

We have a punching bag. We got it three years ago when my husband promised that he would use it all of the time. I think he used it four times. Perhaps I will start giving it a go so I can be as cool as you.