So, I (Megan) have been learning how to fire dance! It has been so fun. For those of you who don't know what it is you use Poi. You have a chain in each hand with a ball at the end that you light on fire and then you twirl them around. Right now we're practicing with tennis balls on string. But it's so fun!
Greg and I went to a high school production of The Sound of Music and it was SO GOOD!!! We had such a good time! I've actually never seen that movie all the way through. It gets scary at the end! I almost cried! I was so amazed at the voices of these students and the stage set up was awesome.
One of our friends had his senior recital so we went to that. There was a range of pieces using a full symphony, to just a guitar and voice. It was very cool. We'd never attended a concert together. It was great!
So we've been feeling very musical lately! That's about all the exciting stuff! We also saw a good movie! No Reservations. It's only PG (when does THAT happen anymore) and it was so fun! Through out the whole movie was incredible classical music and opera. I can't wait to get the soundtrack. It's about 2 chefs and there is yummy food through out the whole movie. I kept thinking about the food and music for days afterward! We liked it a lot.
8 comments:
Thanks for the movie suggestion. Shad and I are so out of it when it comes to new movies. Wow...fire dancing. You will HAVE to show pictures of that. Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry I couldn't talk today. I really do miss you and want to talk. Please call again when you have a break at work. Love you!
Cool! Lots of good stuff going on with you guys! I haven't been to a concert or play in a LONG time!
John and I have been to a few things but a couple that stick out are a duo piano concert at SOU (very cool) and a play, Carmen, at SOU which is also a musical and panned out very well!
You guys should check out what the Hult Center has to offer. I've been to some amazing classical concerts there and the hall is beautiful.
Fire Dancing sounds like a blast! I did belly dancing a few years ago and had a great time with it!
Take care!
I can't believe you are fire dancing! Mom told me what it was and you are so brave! That is awesome that you got to see a play and movie and stuff. I have wanted to see that movie! Now I can make Clay watch it with me.Well I love you SO much. I miss you and wish we could find time to talk. SOMEday we will both have an open time to talk:)
Where do you sign up for fire dance lessons? I wanna play. I could finally have an entry into the ward talent show.
You have NEVER seen Sound of Music all the way through?! That is almost blasephemous. Rent it TODAY!
Fire dancing sounds like it's totally you Meg..I love it! I have to see this sometime!
Happy Thanksgiving, I love you!
Fire dancing! Fun! And I love The Sound of Music. I think it's great going to high school productions, not that I've been to one in a while, but they can be really good. I want to see that movie, too, now...
Megan, you crack me up. Fire dancing, wow. I love the new red and green for your blog. So fun for Christmas. Can't wait to see the movie. Love you!
haha- everythign sounds great- thanksgiving sounded fun and crazy for you! I can see how so much people and noise could get to you after awhile- but all the comotion sounds like alot of fun. But you know me- I never want to go to bed- and love to have people over- that's cool you got to watch gilmore girls- remember I own the first 3 seasons now- you can borrow them whenever you want. I love you-
Post a Comment