Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Firedancing!!!!!

So tonight I had my fourth firedancing lesson and it was my first time with REAL FIRE!!!!! I admit, I was pretty afraid the first couple of times, but by the end I was very comfortable. When you move the poi you hear this big WHOOSH as it swings by you- it's a little freaky. At first it looked to me like my hands were gonna get burned by the flame and I was kind of freaking out- but it never happened, it just looks like it will. Well it was really fun and I can't WAIT to do it again!!!

12 comments:

Ilene said...

Time to hit the Maui Luao circuit! Take me with you, I could light your poi for you.

fiona said...

Megan, that is so awesome!! You really are hot stuff... haha :)

Lizzie said...

Holy cow Meg! I would love to see Dad's facial expression while he sees those videos. = ) That is so cool, I had no idea you were taking fire dancing lessons. I love your posts.

Lizzie said...

Oh yeah, I LOVE your candy cane background. How did you do that??

Amy said...

That is soooooo coool!!!!!

Danielle said...

You are so cool megan! That is way scary, you are brave! I am wondering how you stop...just hold them out at arms-length? You look way cook though!!!! I love you!!!

Miranda Swartz said...

cool!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Unbelievably awesome!!! I loved the whoshing sound also. You looked so cool when you look up and kind of go up!! I love you!

Rochelle said...

ok...Daniel wants to juggle with firesticks... so the two of you can get together and give us a show!Awesome!

Jill said...

I'd mess myself.

zachariah said...

That's awesome, I wish I could learn. Your video reminded me of a time on my mission where fire dancers came from Hawaii and performed in lots of places in all over Japan. When they came to our church a whole bunch of neighbors called the cops and said the mormon cult was devil worshipping in the parking lot. I always wondered what they thought when they saw the cops show up and then join in the fun.

alex poling said...

Well, first, very nice. I do not think I would be so brave as to swirl balls of fire around the general area of anywhere near my body.
But I'm slightly confused. I thought you moved two balls with each hand. Maybe I'm thinking of a different thing.