Greg had major issues of getting bugs and things in his eyes while riding his bike to school last week. It was to the point that he cut onions and hung over them, breathing in- hoping he'd cry out whatever was scratching his eyes. We also had me tweeze out a nose hair or two as that always makes his eyes water. But, alas, no luck. He got some good new glasses to protect his eyes from now on.
I played the piano last week in church (a solo) and spoke yesterday. Sigh. I practiced for a month and felt so ready and then totally butchered it. (how humiliating!) and then I felt rather lost at the podium, which is unusual for me. But after each event different people told me I did a good job. I've decided that Greg is right and it's all "in my head." When I was a kid I loved being on stage. In grade school every Friday during music class we had the chance to perform and I'd always wait 'till the very end to "wow" everybody because I thought I was so awesome. What happened to that girl? The older I get, the more self conscious I am in "public" things. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
The visa thing is coming along. We are so excited. I'm starting to get sad about leaving family behind. I didn't think it'd bother me and it's starting to. Oh well, what are we going to do- not leave? By the way everyone has an open invitation to stay with us. Though, we'll all be in the same room as there will only be one big room. But we really want visitors! Just let us know in advance!
4 comments:
Dear Megan, Somehow Greg probably scratched his eye, and made it feel like something was still in it. It is very easy to do this, and it is a mess for a few days. I have done this many times. I will be sad when you go away, but I know that you will have a great adventure, and Greg will get his education and the time will pass quickly and you'll be home again.Maybe not here but at least in the good old USA. Believe me there isn't a better place in this world. You will enjoy it and things will be fun there, but you will miss the freedom of life here. It is a given and I remember from our tour of Alaska when it was a territory, and I really missed the US. I could have kissed the ground when we got back in the states, and that wasn't overseas. You are young and you can do things easier in that time of life. We have the blog so we should hear from you and we'll keep in touch. There is still snail mail and I love letters. Love grandma
Great talks and piano by the way!! I meant to tell you at church, but i had ameeting right after. I was totally impressed how you could stand at the podium and talk with rarely looking down at your notes!! very impressive!
P.s. super cute hair!
Oh about being in front of people, I think it is like anything else in life, use it or lose it. If you don't do it very often, our confidence starts to wain. It's like doing hair, I bet you feel totally confident and don't ever worry about it! I am in front of people all the time, I love it. I do get insecure on occasion, but most of the time I enjoy it very much. thats so funny about trying to make greg cry!!
Loved the post. I'm going to miss you guys so much! A whole YEAR. Yowsa. If we could afford it, we would TOTALLY come visit. But you know- of course we have no money. You guys will have so much fun though. I love you! Fun stories:)
Post a Comment