Well I did it. 2 miles this morning, running the whole time, only to stop to do a quick "farmer blow" here and there. This was a first and I needed to document it. This event reminds me of the one and only time Greg and I almost broke up. We'd been dating a couple months now and he came up for the weekend and wanted to hang out with some old friends. Well they were going to play soccer and play with light sabers. Yes, everyone that knows me knows what my thoughts were. Our conversation goes something like this.
Me: "I don't want to play soccer and I am NOT going to play with light sabers."
Greg: "I want you to meet my friends."
Me: "I just don't play games like this. I just stand there. It makes me uncomfortable and there is just no way I can play light sabers. I just can't do it!"
Lots of long pauses and sighs and tension in voices are rising.
Greg: "Megan, it's important to me for you to be athletic. Like I want you to go running with me sometimes." Running?
Me: "Well then we need to break up. I don't run. I am never going to be a runner. If that's important to you then we need to break up right now. But if you do, you're going to regret because it's really stupid and doesn't matter."
Then conversation goes on and on and we DON'T break up. But Greg often remembers my voice saying, "I'm never going to be a runner!" And wow, here I am. Never thought in my LIFE I'd ever run on a regular basis. Pretty incredible.
Ok so after I ran I walked to the doctor's to make an appt ( just a few blocks- but still physical activity!) Then I needed to blog but our internet wasn't working so with gas prices being what they are I rode my bike to the library. Come to find out I could only use one of THEIR computers for 15 minutes! And there was a waiting period. So I left to ride home and then it started raining. And it was really too bad because it was FREEZING and my hair looked amaing today! (I cut it, I'll show pics soon.) Well now I'm back at the library with our own laptop and my legs ache just walking around now (good thing I drove this time). But I guess that's good.
Well, there is something I don't understand. This section of the Eugene Library ALWAYS smells of STRONG body odor. Always. Ask Greg, it's true. I don't get it. Why don't Eugene people shower? It's not like they don't have the money. It's just so potent. I don't understand!
6 comments:
Good for you Megan!!! Love grandma
I loved every bit of your blog. By the end I was laughing. Dad would say they stink because they are hippies! good for you on the running. Lest anyone misunderstand me supporting megan in this, she is running on a special track. I hope she finds a different activity when she goes to Europe, hint hint. thats a crack up about your conversation with greg when you were dating!! What we think is important sometimes! I am going to miss you guys too. I hate thinking about how by the end of August all my kids will have moved out of the valley. It hurts to think about it! I love you !!! thanks for blogging!
Meg you're awesome! I remember how happy I was when I ran 2 miles...but sadly, that was months ago and I probably couldn't even run 1/2 a mile now. Way to go!
I love that story of you and Greg almost breaking up, that's super funny and SO YOU!!!
Love you!
Way to go, Megan! And I love that conversation, so funny! I'm glad Greg stuck it out, haha ;) And the image of college-age guys getting together already PLANNING to play with light sabers also makes me laugh (although it doesn't necessarily surprise me), so thanks for sharing!
hahha I loved this post too. (I commented on the most recent post first) That conversation is helarious. I'm so glad you shared it. You are so amazing. I can't even IMAGINE walking/jogging let alone RUNNING 2 whole miles! You are truly wonderwoman. I bet you are soooo in shape! Good for you. I love you!!!
I know what part of the library you are talking about. All of it.
So sad because the Eugene library is so beautiful and then all the no-job hippie smelly types set up camp there.
no fair.
Post a Comment