Friday, April 11, 2008

My sister tagged me . . .

How did you meet your spouse? We have no memory of meeting. There is something we suspect of our "meeting": Greg moved into his new appt. which happened to be two of my best friends' appt. So I just walked in and no one was home, but I heard the shower going and the door was open (I'm assuming). So I poked my head in and asked who it was, and we started talking. This happened to Greg and it's something I totally would have done. I really doubt anyone else would have. So it probably was me.

How long have you been together? In one month, our first date would have been 3 years ago. We have been married 2 years and 7 months.

Who said I love you first? Greg. We both knew it was coming. We hadn't seen each other or talked in 3 weeks as he was in Brazil with his family. We said everything except "I love you" in emails the whole time he was gone. I went to visit him at his parents' house and the first moment we were alone we kissed and he smiled and immediately said "I love you." I'd been waiting 3 weeks to tell him and at that moment I suddenly felt strange but I said it anyway. I don't think I've ever told him that.

Who is smarter? Now I think I am very intelligent- but Greg DEFINITELY has a LOT more. He blows me away all the time. I love how smart he is. I think I'm ok with it because I know he thinks I'm smart too.

Who does the laundry? I HATE to do the laundry. I dread it more than ANYTHING!!!! But I probably do it the most. Just because I have more time.

Who does the dishes? Probably me, but only because, once again, I have more time. We used to have a deal where Greg would cook and I would clean. But it switches back and forth ALL the time.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Now this is going to blow you all away . . . we swith all the time. 3-6 months go by and I need to switch- and then we do. I just need change.

Who pays the bills? Me! Me! ME!!!! It's possible he's paid one bill . . . maybe. I used to wonder what he would do if I died. I handle ALL the business stuff. I try to make him sometimes, but it doesn't happen. But I confess, I like to know it's done.

Who mows the lawn? Yeah, we don't need to mow the cement we live on. I planted some flowers and I think Greg planted a tomato plant (in pots) last summer. We both watered them.

Who cooks dinner? When we first were married cooking STRESSED ME OUT!!!! Greg would ALWAYS cook. Now I love to cook- when I have the energy. We both go thru phases.

Who drives when you are together? Greg- always. I hate to drive. Greg's a WAY better driver than me. Looking back I can't believe I haven't killed MANY people from driving- I am not exaggerating. I'm much safer now but ever since my accident I just get NERVOUS when I drive.

Who is more stubborn? No one. Sometimes I say no to something and I'm totally freaking out about whatever it is. And then an hour goes by and I realize I'm ridiculous and change my mind. Greg is so good and just patiently puts up with me.

Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong? So completely me. I never have a problem saying I'm wrong and once I realize it I want to immediately remedy it. But I can hardly think of a situation when Greg has been wrong anyway. Pretty sad.

Who kissed who first? Greg kissed me and it was 1/2 a second. I kept going in for more and he'd pull away before a second had even passed. After like 10 kisses like this I look at him and ask, "You don't make out, do you?" And he replies, "No. Is that a problem?" And I answer,"No. But it's disappointing."

Who proposed? Well techniquely Greg, but we somehow got engaged over breakfast. Neither of us have a memory of it. I wish we did. All I know is I went over before work for breakfast and somehow we told each other we wanted to marry each other- who knows who said it first- and by the time I left for work everything was set except the date (in 5 weeks before school starts or the next break which was Christmas). I drove away in my car and before I reached my desitination I called him to say, "I just wanna get married, let's do it in September!" The actual "proposal" was a few days later when he seranaded me with a song he wrote after our first date (about me) and sang on one knee with his guitar and a dozen red roses. So romantic!

Who is more sensitive? By far me. I rarely get offended or hurt feelings, but scary movies, sad real life stories REALLY affect me. Greg is a good amount of sensitive.

Who has more friends? If Greg had more time, I feel like he'd have more friends. I suppose we're equal right now. I've never known a soul who didn't like Greg, he's just likable. There are PLENTLY of people in this life who have not liked me.

Who has more siblings? We both have 5 siblings. We are both number 4. He has 4 brothers, one sister. I have 4 sisters, one brother. Quite the coincidence.

Who wears the pants? I hate this question. I don't know how to answer it. There are no pants in the relationship. We both are sensible so nobody needs to be "controlled". For pride's sake I'd love to say I wear the pants but there's honestly never been a reason to wear them!

7 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Fun, fun!!! I loved reading that, I knew some it but not as much as Rebecca's and Lizzie's.

Danielle said...

That is all so funny. I think it's hilarious that you guys just assume you were the one talking to him in the shower.

Emily said...

I was peeing my pants laughing at the "who kissed who first" question. I can TOTALLY see that happening, and hear you say that. Oh Megs, you're my favorite! I never knew he proposed like that...so romantic!!!

Jill said...

You guys are so meant to be together! You're exactly what I'd picture if someone asked me about "kindred souls", which I've never really thought much about until now! How stinkin' adorable are you guys!!!!! And I'm with "emily"--the kissing story is hysterical!

Lizzie said...

So funny Meg. How you and Greg decided to get married was the same as us. I wish I could remember more of it. It was in the car, in my driveway and I just remember us not wanting to be separated over the summer, so we decided to get married. Crazy. You are so humble Meg. I wish I were as humble as you.

Tara said...

I'm with Emily you are hilarious Megan! I love that you said that to him after the first kiss.

You guys make a very cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.