So our internet is being difficult again. I am at the U of O Library and I'm really enjoying this quick internet! It's nice! So far, the weeks been good. Work's kind of at the "perfect" state right now, which is this: I get up a little late (not much) and go into work because I don't have an appointment first thing. Then I work a little and have a 2-3 hour break to do the dishes, the laundry, whatever, and then go back to work for another hour or two. I make enough money, but am not rushed about it. And then the house looks spotless too. It's perfect. Not too slow, not too busy. I know it sounds like I'm very spoiled. It's not always like this. Usually it's REALLY busy or I'm just sitting around going crazy.
I've been really good about working out this week. I've actually gotten up and ran all by myself. (Greg kinda pushes me to get up sometimes, well . . . lots of times.) And usually I have a hard time pushing myself unless Greg is there to encourage me. And today I ran faster than ever! Now I would never say it was actually FAST, but more like not as SLOW. I saw these U of O track people and felt all inspired to quicken the pace and then before I knew it they passed me- TWICE! Ah, and so effortlessly. Well, I only ever have run a mile, tomorrow I'm going to attempt one and a half. We'll see what happens. 2 years ago I just never would have guessed I'd be talking this way. It's just exciting to witness my own progression.
Also, I've decided I'm going to read the Bible. It's been haunting my head for months now. And twice within the year I've made up my mind I'm going to read on Sundays and then I forget to. But during conference I was once reminded, "Megan! You need to read the Bible! You can't say you believe it if you haven't read it!" So I did some math. If I read 5 pages a day it will be read within a year. Now that's do-able. And I've read every day this week! Well, I forgot yesterday but read 10 pages today. I've decided I'm just going to do it!
I've decided I'm not going to stress out about learning French. I'm going to continue to study, but not obsessively. This happened because I FINALLY got ahold of a consulate to ask him questions DIRECTLY and he told me that I'll have no problems communicating with English. Also, things will be progressing quicker than we thought with our visas! There is this LONG list of impossible things to get online and he shortened the list, you could say. So hopefully we'll be applying within 2 months! We just have to see a doctor and the rest is easy! So this has come as a BIG relief. Very, very exciting. I've also decided I'm not going to stress about getting a job. It either will happen or it won't. And I'm not going to worry about it anymore!
7 comments:
That sounds great. Wow, you're running alot! That is so cool about reading teh bible. I've never read it the whole thing. That will be awesome! good for you. I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow- love you.
Way to go! With reading the Bible AND running! We tried learning French while we were in Brussels, but almost EVERYONE would just start talking to us in English when we'd start trying our French. We had no problems communicating at all. Not that it's not a good opportunity to learn/use it, but you'll be totally fine w/out it. As you already know, now :) Good luck with your internet -- ugh.
You are amazing! I can't believe you are a runner! I am very impressed!!!!! And reading 5 pages a day is a lot! It sounds like your life is just perfect right now. I am so happy for you! When do you leave for Europe? I'm coming sometime in June and I would love for you to meet my little girl! And I would love you see you before you go!
Megan you are so stinkin' funny! I'm impressed with your running--I wish I was into it, but I HATE running. I'm just a girl who likes to "power walk" with my fat child in the stroller, because I've always been that 12 minute mile runner... :) and I love your comment "Well, I forgot yesterday but read 10 pages today"--that had me in tears! You are so funny!
Wow Megan--running. Ughhh! Good for you though. The Bible thing is an awesome idea. I have tried to read it before and never finished. I thoroughly loved studying it in gospel doctrine though. Good luck. Just don't quit, and you'll be blessed. That sounds so cheesy but it is true. I understand about your schedule. I hate being really busy, but I hate not having commitments or I get so depressed and sleep too much, and eat too much, blah, blah. I would love a part time job, and hopefully that is what the Music in Firth will turn out to be, I really hope it won't be full time, or I'll have some tough decisions to make. I had no idea it is so hard to move to another country, but when I think about it, it doesn't surprise me. I love you, miss you, can't wait for the reunion.
that is so cool! I am jealous, the Savior never rushed, I want to get to that state!! I am so glad that the brussl things are getting better. love you!!
You are so amazing! What great goals. Awesome work schedule. I don't think you're spoiled. I think that you are blessed! You need it. I loved the blog. I love you!!!
Post a Comment