Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Things . . .

So this is me after I ran 2 miles for the first time and at then end it started to rain. Then by the time I started to walk home it was this incredible down pour! I was totally loving it, though. It made me want to go for walks in the rain in the future. Standing in the rain at the stop lights made me feel like I was in a movie. Then I started to get sick of it and put my hood on and ran and I felt just like Rocky- and I'm not even kidding. Well , I was pretty proud of myself for running in the rain so I took a picture of myself.
This is Garret, our little neighbor. I don't remember how we met. All I know is once we did he would knock and knock until we open the door. And I mean he would knock for 20 minutes and then we'd give in. And when we'd tell him to leave he'd be back in 20 minutes and ask if he can come over again. We actually really love him. He's just always around. But now he's made friends with other neighbors so we don't see him as much. But he's had dinner with us, watches our movies, asks if we have food to eat, he'll wrestle with Greg, he LOVES to punch our bag, we'll play checkers. He's pretty funny. He's 7 (I think). This is him with a strawberry stuck on his thumb. He just stuck it on to eat and so we took a picture.

And of course, new hair. Usually I wear the bangs down (that's Greg's favorite way), but I really prefer it up like this. I have noticed, however, that when I wear it like this I never get any compliments. So I think I'm the only one that likes it this way. But it's really a shame because this is my FAVORITE way! I'm getting it cut even shorter a week from today! I can't wait! I'm just sick of all this hair. Sometimes I worry I'll look like a little masculine but it really doesn't matter because I just want my hair gone!

This is a little too cutesy-cutesy for me, but I thought I looked good so I took a picture.

Greg made tostadas and I FREAKED OUT!!! It was so good and then I remembered that I LOVED them as a kid and then after I moved out I LOVED the Taco Bell pizza. I've always loved them and had just forgotten. I got a little carried away and got sour cream on my face!

This is just Greg being silly. He found this helmet at his parents.


Ok, you are not going to believe this! Our printer, one day, just stopped feeding the paper through. It would always crinkle up and get stuck. We could just not figure it out! Well, yesterday I was ready to throw it out so I grabbed it aggressively and looked where the paper feeds in and I see this cloth and think it belongs there but decide I'm gonna take it out and see what happens. And guess what- I pull out one of my socks! I am NOT KIDDING!!! I don't know HOW it got there, but there it was and viola! Now the printer works!

7 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

What a crack up!!! I laughed and laughed over the sock!!! I loved the pics, sad to say I like your bangs down also. I think you are far too feminine and pretty to ever look masculine, no matter how short your hair is. In my town when you cut it shorter you might get some looks from some of the lesbians here! Ha!

congrats on the running, it always feels good to do something physically challenging!! Your little neighbor must not have a great home life. its good he has you guys and others. Not to put a damper on things, but you might go over and meet his mom and make sure its okay that he comes over. love you !

Emily said...

That is so funny that your sock was in your printer...ha ha. I find coins in my printer all the time because Easton puts them in there.

Ok, your hair is AWESOME! No matter which way you wear it it looks great! You're so beautiful!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh yeah- and I laughed so much over teh sock- that is so hilarious!!!!!!!! I love it!

Danielle said...

Okay- first off- you are GORGEOUS! Seriously. I love the picture of you after you went running. You look like a model and I'm not even exaggerating. If you changed the background and added hair spray in your hand or you holding a water bottle, I don't know- it totally would pass as an ad. I agree with Emily- you look great with your hair in all styles. I really really like it! I can't decide how I like your bangs- both are good.

That little boy sounds funny.

The sock story is HILARIOUS! How do you think that got in there? That is soooooo funny. I love it.

I still think you're amazing for running so much. You must be sooo in shape.

Okay- I love you so much! I am so excited to see you in a few months!

fiona said...

Hahahaha!!! That is so funny about the sock!! How the heck???

I agree with your mom, I don't think you could look masculine, and your hair is always so cute, I love how you aren't afraid to try different things with it.

The Lowarys said...

I have to say that I think I have taste like yours- I like when you had a little of your hair pulled back, whenever I wear my hair down, I pull some back too- I think it's totally cute!! It looks good both ways though. That sock story was SO funny and totally something I would do- hahaha!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I like your hair both ways - I think I prefer it a little more your way. I don't know, something in between?!?! I really like your post-run/rain picture, though - you look great for having just ran in the rain!!
Your sock in the printer story was hilarious!! I had to stop myself from laughing out loud because I'm at work - consider it one of the breaks that I never take! :)