Friday, June 27, 2008

Exciting News!!

So I feel a little bit funny posting this after Megan's big post about me. However, I thought that this news was too exciting not to share. So, as many of you already know I will be attending the University of Kent at Brussels this coming year. Well, about a month and a half ago I found out that my school offers 4 scholarships every year to students pursuing their masters degree as I am (the ONLY scholarships offered). Those 4 scholarships are offered to students in 5 different programs of study. Well, the deadline for the scholarship was during finals week for me and I didn't think that I had much of a shot at getting it (since a lot of the other incoming students have experience working for foreign embassies, etc), so it was a little bit tempting to spend my time studying rather than writing a scholarship application. However, I decided that I better apply for it just in case.

Today I received an email from the scholarship board and I got the scholarship!!!! I was honestly so surprised and so shocked that I couldn't even believe it. In fact, I had to keep staring at the email to make sure that I didn't misread it. When it finally hit me I literally jumped out of my seat! I was in so much shock that it felt like my limbs were shaking!! So... the scholarship will cover half of my tuition expenses (a big reduction given that tuition is in Euros and the US Dollar is so weak right now). Anyway, I just feel so greatly blessed to have received this scholarship offer and thought that I would share the good news with you all.

13 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Congratulations baby! I love you! And you WERE shaking! And you forgot to tell everyone you were screaming too!

heidi and Doug said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! hey r u guys going camping at the umpqua??

Emily said...

Congratulations! That is such great news and probably a huge relief. Way to go!

fiona said...

Wow, that is so awesome! What a blessing, indeed!!! Congrats, can't wait to see you two!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I hope I didn't sound like I wasn't excited. I had Rebecca on the other line. I am sooooo excited for you, you deserve this!!!!! love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Oh Greg what a wonderful blessing, and you deserve to have it for all of your work and good grades. Heavenly Father is so good to us when we do what he says he is bound to pour out blessings upon you. Good Job!!! Love grandma

Grandma, Nonnie said...

PS I would have been screaming too!!! Love you grandma

zachariah said...

Nice!! Good job.

Jon and Julie said...

Congratulations. I'm excited to read about all the adventures that you will have in Europe. Hopefully the scholarship will give you the financial freedom to have a few extra trips!

Danielle said...

That is so awesome- wow- I am so happy for you guys! What a load off your back! Love you guys!

Ben said...

Awesome news!

Molly said...

that is sooo rad! great job greg! you deserve it! i cant wait to hear about your adventures abroad.

Lizzie said...

Congratulations Greg!!! So happy for you, and not the least bit suprised. = )