HAIL THE CONQUERING GRADUATE!!!!!
I had no idea, until after I married him, what kind of student Gregory Alan Jentzsch was. He has ALWAYS had a 4.00. He has NEVER skipped even one class (this includes High School people!) I have learned from him that an A minus is a BAD thing, where as before I thought it to be a great success! When we first got married, all he did was read. He would read in the tub and I would make and bring him smoothies. There were nights when I would go through papers of notes and quiz him and I HATED IT! I felt bad because I'm sure it was worse for him, since he was the one who actually had to remember something. But all the hard work has definitely paid off and I'm glad he is such a hard worker. Greg I LOVE YOU!!!!!

This is the professor at the U of O that was Greg's adviser. She was a GREAT help to him. We are very grateful to her for all she has done for Greg. Her name is Jane Cramer. 
I love how scholarly he looks here. The yellow cord means he has graduated summa cum laude which means he is in the top two percent! The purple cord represents that Greg was given the Presidential Scholarship which has paid FULL TUITION for his entire undergrad and extra money each term for books. He has graduated with a G.P.A of 4.04. I know this sounds braggy but I'm proud of him and I wanted to document his success!
I love how scholarly he looks here. The yellow cord means he has graduated summa cum laude which means he is in the top two percent! The purple cord represents that Greg was given the Presidential Scholarship which has paid FULL TUITION for his entire undergrad and extra money each term for books. He has graduated with a G.P.A of 4.04. I know this sounds braggy but I'm proud of him and I wanted to document his success!
It was a BEAUTIFUL day! In fact I got a terrible sunburn from just a couple hours of morning sun. The University of Oregon campus is soooooo beautiful. I've hardly been on campus but whenever I am I'm always amazed at the manicured lawns, inviting trees and beautiful brick buildings. The sun was shining which was so relieving because we have had TERRIBLE weather the last month!
On to the BBQ at our apartment. Thanks to the sunshine, we opened up our back outside area and that made a lot more room. Thanks to all who brought food and extra chairs and the BIGGEST thanks goes to Amy and MIKE who came early to heat up the briquettes for the BBQ and put the food and bowls and make everything pretty! I was way too stressed about having everything ready when everyone arrived and they took it all away! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Also a BIG THANKS to PAT AND RANDY for buying TONS OF GOOD FOOD!!!! Steak, cherries, good root beer, mmm . . . it was all delicious!
From left to right: Filipe and Ahad (Pat + Randy's exchange students), Grandma Cook, Randy, Shannon + Ralph (who both fell asleep and snored for quite awhile), Amy and Pat
Below the boys outside: Dad, Grandpa Cook, and Mike (Who cooked all the steaks to a very tasty state. I have been wanting to try a rare steak for a long time and I finally got to try it!)
Mom and Jacob
Dad, Miles, Lyndsey and Ruby (in her Fancy Nancy dress). Miles has really plumped out since the last time we all saw him and we couldn't get enough of him.
How cute is this!
This was a nice surprise. Jon Partridge stopped by (an old friend from home). We had no idea he was coming over so it was nice to see him.

On to the pool!!!!! I had been waiting all week to get in the pool. The heater was finally turned on and I just wanted to relax with family. Well everyone went home and Jake, Lyndsey, Amy and Mike were the only ones that stayed. It was really nice.
Amy and I floated around (I forgot to take a picture of myself). I love to float in water. Nothing is more relaxing.
Jake just sunbathed with Miles.
Ruby looked straight out of some old photo w/her sunglasses and poke a dot suit. She and Lyndsey looked like twins in their glasses.
Greg got a bad sunburn so he wore a shirt. It was a little weird to see him "out" of the water (to prevent more irritation of his skin). Earlier, right after the graduation ceremony, Greg went a little "crazy" about his burn itching really bad. I was wondering if I was going to have to take him to the emergency room it got so bad. He hung out with his shirt off the first while of the party because everything was itchy.
Ruby kept "saving" everybody. She has quite the imagination.

Well it just so happened that one of my parents' beach houses was open this weekend!!! So they offered it to Pat and Randy. So off we went later that night! I always forget how nice it is to stay on the beach. It just forces relaxation. The first night Greg, Randy and I went for a walk and found a HUGE TREE with all kinds of carvings. It was cool. There was a very friendly student we talked with for awhile.

Greg looks a little interesting in this one but I thought it was a great one of Randy.
Afterwards we played Killer Bunnies until midnight and then called it quits. It is a crazy game that is so confusing it sucks out the fun- but when you figure it out it's really fun!
The next day after church . . .
I'm the one that looks like a Nun. It was Randy's coat (as I didn't think to my own). Don't let Randy and Shannon's apparel fool you- IT WAS FREEZING!!!!
Pretty Pat and Dashing Gregory
Pat and Randy were having an adorably long hug, but Ralf snuck in when I took the picture.
Ah, I love him!
Shannon and Randy had lots of fun! They are so much alike. It becomes more obvious to me the longer I am in this family.
If they went anywhere, they ran.
Burying themselves.
Army crawling!
Ralf is the newest member of the Jentzsch's and he fits right in. He and Shannon are ridiculously happy and are always making out around us. But every time I complain, I'm told we were terribly embarrassing ourselves. I APOLOGIZE!!!!! On a different note, I discovered Ralf catches onto games like no one's business. You only had to tell him once and he remembered it. I was impressed!

After we filled our bellies I napped and everyone else played games.
Then it was time to clean up and go home. Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us stay here. It was so fun and nice to all be together.
On to the pool!!!!! I had been waiting all week to get in the pool. The heater was finally turned on and I just wanted to relax with family. Well everyone went home and Jake, Lyndsey, Amy and Mike were the only ones that stayed. It was really nice.
Amy and I floated around (I forgot to take a picture of myself). I love to float in water. Nothing is more relaxing.
Jake just sunbathed with Miles.
Ruby looked straight out of some old photo w/her sunglasses and poke a dot suit. She and Lyndsey looked like twins in their glasses.
Greg got a bad sunburn so he wore a shirt. It was a little weird to see him "out" of the water (to prevent more irritation of his skin). Earlier, right after the graduation ceremony, Greg went a little "crazy" about his burn itching really bad. I was wondering if I was going to have to take him to the emergency room it got so bad. He hung out with his shirt off the first while of the party because everything was itchy.
Ruby kept "saving" everybody. She has quite the imagination.
Well it just so happened that one of my parents' beach houses was open this weekend!!! So they offered it to Pat and Randy. So off we went later that night! I always forget how nice it is to stay on the beach. It just forces relaxation. The first night Greg, Randy and I went for a walk and found a HUGE TREE with all kinds of carvings. It was cool. There was a very friendly student we talked with for awhile.

Greg looks a little interesting in this one but I thought it was a great one of Randy.
Afterwards we played Killer Bunnies until midnight and then called it quits. It is a crazy game that is so confusing it sucks out the fun- but when you figure it out it's really fun!The next day after church . . .
I'm the one that looks like a Nun. It was Randy's coat (as I didn't think to my own). Don't let Randy and Shannon's apparel fool you- IT WAS FREEZING!!!!
Pretty Pat and Dashing Gregory
Pat and Randy were having an adorably long hug, but Ralf snuck in when I took the picture.
Ah, I love him!
Shannon and Randy had lots of fun! They are so much alike. It becomes more obvious to me the longer I am in this family.
If they went anywhere, they ran.
Burying themselves.
Army crawling!
Ralf is the newest member of the Jentzsch's and he fits right in. He and Shannon are ridiculously happy and are always making out around us. But every time I complain, I'm told we were terribly embarrassing ourselves. I APOLOGIZE!!!!! On a different note, I discovered Ralf catches onto games like no one's business. You only had to tell him once and he remembered it. I was impressed!
After we filled our bellies I napped and everyone else played games.
Then it was time to clean up and go home. Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us stay here. It was so fun and nice to all be together.
19 comments:
What a great post! I have to say- GREG YOU'RE AWESOME! 4.03?! Holy cow. That is incredible. What a wonderful feeling to be done with the undergrad. It looks like it was a way fun weekend! Megan- you look way pretty in all the pictures:) Well, I loved the post! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGATULATIONS Greg on graduating...sounds like it was a great weekend! will you and magan be coming camping at umpqua this year????
Congrats Greg on graduating, must feel good to be done! Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Wish I could get away for a while. Loved the post by the way.
Congratulations!!! Sorry I couldn't come up.
The pictures were great! It looked like a lot of fun.
Awesome post. Wow, Greg the scholar, the tightrope walker, the magician and seamstress. When will it end. I'm so excited for all for your move, job, ect. I think it is cool that you are selling everything. That's a brave thing to do. We'll start praying for you that you'll find an apartment. That's awesome that the people you will work for have a piano. Love you.
Congratulations Greg!! Sounds like a fun, fun, fun weekend!
Congratulations Greg! I bet it feels so good to be done, and you are such a good student, that's great! Megs, you are beautiful and it's totally okay to brag about your husband when he has accomplished so much by working so hard!
Your pictures are adorable, I love your hair! Looks like you guys had a blast at the beach too.
That post was awesome, it made me happy just seeing everyone else so happy. lol. How much fun can you fit in a few days? And 4.03? That's the first person I know that has such a high GPA after graduating college. Props!
Congratulations Greg! I bet you are BOTH so glad it's over and you can move on to the next chapter in life. So happy for you both. Love the hair Meg!
Wow--big post this time!! :) I like it! Congratulations to Greg!!! And I love the picture of your friend Shannon army-crawling--hysterical!!!!
p.s. I remember helping wade study, editing and re-writing his papers, testing him, etc. while he was working toward graduation...ug! I hated it too! But it was definitely worth it!
Great pictures, and I loved the post and it's great that Greg is such a good student, you should be proud of him. Love grandma
sheesh! i'm like the last person in the world to comment!
Well congrats to Greg (and Hils!) on graduating. We just couldn't make it. :(
What a great post Megan! Man everyone is catching up their posts and here I am... soo behind on it. I really enjoyed the fun wkend update! love you guys!
Congratulations to Greg!!! I am soooo impressed by his grades!WOW! It looks like the whole weekend was super fun! You guys look so beautiful in your pictures! I am coming home at the beginning of next week let me know what your schedule looks like.
wow,wow, and WOW... i don't blame you for wanting to brag about your husband... that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! great job greg! I'm super jealous. I love all the pictures and I guess I missed that you got your hair cut and i LOVE IT!!!!
Congrats, Greg - even though I don't think we've actually met! I am thoroughly impressed that you graduated college with such a high GPA. Holy moly. I was a pretty good student in high school, but I got my WORST grade ever fall term my sophmore year of college. Apparently O-Chem and I don't get along. Maybe some other time. And I have to say - Gregory Alan is a great name! Though, my dad spells his middle name Allen.
Anyway... GREAT post, Meg! Way to cover all the highlights. And I loved the pictures. I'm so happy you got a job and the family has a piano!!! What a blessing you will be in there home, I am sure.
Can't wait to hear how things continue to go with moving preparations.
Congratulations Greg!!! Looks like I'm the slowest to comment, I'm a lazy blogger. Hey if you get the "prickly itch" (sunburn itch) again in the future take a bunch of benadryl, will make you a bit drowsy but stops the itching. I hate the prickly itch!!!
Great post!!!!! It was very historical and fun!!! The pics were fun. I am coming in to get my hair done and celebrate my mom's b-day. Were have b-day cake at 7 at amy's let me know if you can come. And we would love to have you this coming weekend. We will be out of town on the 4th at Josh's sealing. See you soon!
love you
Ha ha. I know we make out all of the time. We can't help ourselves. You guys blazed the trail for me--making it okay to kiss a lot in front of the fam. You and greg were just as gross. Me and dad had fun out in the sand.
Post a Comment