Well this year there were 64 of us all camping together. Pretty big crowd. Definitely the biggest in a long time. Ever since Greg was very small his family camped by the South Umpqua Falls every summer. This was my 3rd year. Greg looks forward to it every year and the first two years I made him take me home after 2 days. But this year I swore I'd last the whole 5 and I did, very easily I might add. Down below is Pat, my amazing mother in law. She packed all the food and cooked every bit of it. We've been so stressed with the move, it was a great help not to have to worry about one more thing to organize.

This is Shannon and Ralf, who came up for a couple of days. Ralph only brought one pair of shoes and wore them in the river. Then he had nothing to wear. So Shannon made him some slippers out of cardboard, newspaper, and duct tape.

Randy can seriously finish a novel in a day. Every time I see him, he finishes a book he just had started the day before. It boggles my mind. He must have read 100s of books by now.


This is Terry, Greg's uncle. I got to know him a lot better this year. It was very nice. The second day everyone went to the falls, he and Sari and I stayed behind and just hung out and talked.

Babies were EVERYWHERE this year. There were 8 children under 3 years old. It was fun, but sometimes a lot of work.
Mariah, Pat, Heidi, Fiona

Shannon, Pat and Preston, Heidi
Pat and Annie, Ralf and Preston
Pat and Annie, Ralf and Preston
If you look close you can see that the boys thought up a brand new way to go down the rapids by putting on all the inner tubes that could possibly fit. I didn't go down any rapids this time. I went last year and flipped and got sucked under and was absolutely terrified. When I reached the calm river and could keep my head above water it was everything I could do not to cry. It sounds a lot more dramatic than I'm sure it actually was, but none the less, I skipped it this year.

The women got a little crazy and went skinny dipping at night. I was amazed they were all so brave. After they were in I regretted not joining in, but I got a great pic to remember!
Mariah, Heidi, Shannon, Pat, Jessica

This is Nuala. We became great friends. She is only 1 year old. I took her out on a float and no matter how I tried her face made no expression and she looked completely bored.

We brought Bran over, but he didn't last very long. He was more sensitive that day and cried at the drop of a hat!
Later on I decided I'd go for a float by myself. So I grabbed my inner tube and before I reached the water little Nuala dashed to my side for a ride. "Hmm . . ." I thought to myself. Maybe she liked the float after all. Well, after a while she opened up and we laughed and played for a long time. It was lots of fun. I think she just needed a little time to warm up to me.

And Greg gets along with all kids, no matter the situation. He is amazing. He even got Bran to play with him.It was really cute to watch him. This doesn't show it, but I got a little camera happy.

Then my camera died before I got a picture of Sheldon's family, or Jake and Caleb.I brought my fire poi and didn't tell anyone because I couldn't develop the courage to perform. I also didn't want people to think I was reckless twirling around fire amongst the trees. But I finally committed and actually TOLD people, so then I had no excuse. Well, I was very nervous and I could tell other people were getting nervous asking me, "Does the fire fly away from you?" After my first run there was applause and they asked for more. So then my nerves calmed and I had a few others try.
1/2 way thru the week, Greg and I drove half an hour outside the camp with Ben's IPHONE to check our email. We got good news that we've found an apartment that is actually willing to rent to us! YEA!!!! That was some MAJOR stress lifted. I swear I'm at my breaking point. I just don't think my little body can handle anymore of this stress stuff! I'm just not used to it! We were so grateful that Ben happened to have this amazing phone and that we live in a day and age where these incredible gadgets EXIST!!! Pretty amazing.
Overall the week was very good. I got to know Greg's cousins so much better. To be more particular- Zach and Fiona and Heidi and Terry. Now I feel like I know everyone and everyone knows me! It's a good feeling. It's amazing how you can go your whole life and in a few years time your husband's family suddenly feels like your own.











12 comments:
You got a lot of great pics of everyone! It was a fun week. I'm glad you stayed this time.
Love the umpqua...lucky!
Looks like you had a great time! It's so fun to get away and just relax with a good book.
And congrats on the apartment too!
Great post. It was a fun week for Paul and Alex and I as well!
-Robyn
Oh I'm so glad you got a place to rent! That looked way fun! It makes me so excited for OUR reunion! Great pics- you look so cute in all of them! I love you!!!
Glad that you made it camping, I always had a hard time with a lot of people and camping. I don't mind if there is a place I can go to be by myself once in awhile, otherwise I flake out. happy that you have a place finally and sorry about all of the stress, I don't think there is a lot that is worse. How is the visa coming? Good pictures and I love you all God bless Abe is making progress, made it to church today. Love you lots grandma
YOUR Great i am soo glad i got to know u better to Megan..
Wow, that was quite the crowd, but it sounds like it was a good time. Good for you for staying the whole week AND for struttin' your stuff with the fire. That is so cool! (you wreckless girl you) :D
I love you! I've already been to Oregon and back. I'm so sorry that I missed you! It was crazy! Congratulations on the apartment!
very cool meg, I am glad you had a great time!!! love you!
It was sooo fun getting to know you better! And THANK YOU for playing with Bran and Nuala so much, Nuala totally is buds with you! Yep, good times...I hope our hubbies aren't doing anything too crazy right now, but really, how likely is that? haha!
Hey, just looking at your blog again, and I wanted to say, You totally rocked the fire dancing!! Seriously, so awesome. I'm glad you outed yourself and had to perform. It would also be very entertaining for the kids you'll be nannying in Belgium... ;)
Thanks for letting Greg come hiking in Seattle and camping at the Umpqua. Nuala really loves you, she does that serious thing when she is doing something new or that she deems difficult, it's really pretty funny.
Post a Comment