So this is it. It looked entirely different when I began to work here almost 4 years ago. The new owner recently remodeled. I must say I'm glad to be closing it down for awhile. It's been an amazing job. Fulfilling, financially rewarding, and fun! It's been so good to have a job to provide for my family. The last year though, the wear and tear of the job has started to show. My wrists are so sensitive now and always seem to be getting injured. I also have eczema on my hands which always seems to go away on the weekends (when I'm not doing hair). I've kinda lost my passion too. Hair has just become hair. So, I'm ready for a change.
Well then it was back home to finish the job. It's amazing how long little details can take. Pat (Greg's Mom) was amazing and packed our entire bathroom and kitchen and cleaned BOTH!!!! I don't know how she did it. All I had to do was clean the kitchen floor and it was much more difficult than I predicted. But finally, it was finished!
I kept thinking back to when we first looked at the apartment (and it was all empty like this) and we were SO excited to move in! With the exception of INTENSE, never ending mold, it's been a great apartment.
Bye bye!!!
Then it was off to Pat and Randy's for a few days!
Randy took us all out to the Family Fun Center!
Pat
I haven't been miniature golfing since I was single. I have always loved it. I use to beg my friends to go with me but they never would.
This is Christian, one of my old friends from the Institute. Randy and Pat are really good friends with he and his wife, Yumi so he invited him out. It was really nice to see him again!
Poor Chris has been home from his mission a couple of months now. He is really sick. I just found out today he throws up almost everyday, multiple times! Poor guy! This is Laurel, they are never apart.
Greg, tallying up the scores and . . . TA DA!!! I got SECOND PLACE!!! I figure out of eight people, that's pretty good.
Before we golfed we rode the Go Cart Track. It was SO FUN!!!! It was my first time and I was a little nervous, especially when I was put in the very first car to take off. But as soon as I put on the gas I realized it was easy and it was SO FUN!!! I LOVED IT!!! Afterwards I was so exhausted! I was TENSING the ENTIRE time!!! THANK YOU RANDY!!!! IT WAS SO FUN!
Today I woke up early to go to the dentist to get my bridge- yea, hooray. After that we lazed around the house until late afternoon and then it was WORK TIME!!! Pat and Randy have a shed that was FULL of stuff and we dejunked it and put all of OUR stuff in it. Though it was definitely work, it wasn't as bad as we predicted, thank goodness. And now we have all of our stuff together in a safe place. Phew. Now I can relax. With each new step I relax a little bit more and I can't believe all I have to worry about now is my suitcases! I get so preoccupied with everything to wrap up I forget I'm on a plane to Europe in just one week!!!
Oh yes, and here's good news: Greg got approved for his visa! YEA!!! Yes, that's right, just him. I guess we need him to register for his classes, get some official document and then send me BACK to the states to show someone and THEN I can get my visa. Yes, yes, what a pain. But, we really are just thrilled that this means we can travel freely without worrying about deportation- cause that would be bad! I can't believe I have to go on that long flight ALL BY MYSELF, but at least I get to try it out with my husband the first time. At first all we could find were flights with 19 hour layovers in Atlanta which would be a NIGHTMARE, but thankfully, my diligent husband found a more appealing flight schedule. I can't imagine what a smelly zombie I'm going to be when my sister picks me up, but that's ok.
I can't believe tomorrow I can sleep in and do whatever I want. I can't wait.
10 comments:
How exciting! I'm so happy that you are off on your next adventure and it just happens to be Europe! I'm sad that I won't get to see you in my semi-annual hair appointments... hee hee ;o) But me and my hair will move on.
Let the next chapter begin... happy trails to you my friend!
Wow- intense! How exciting! So when do you come back to get your visa in order? I'm glad you'll get to relax a bit before you go! Sounds like you've been goin, goin, goin. I love you and already miss you to pieces! But I am so excited for you guys too. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CRAZY stuff!!! I am so excited for you guys! That is so crazy that you have to come back again to get your visa. But it sounds like you are ok with it and everything is going smooth. WOW off to Europe you go! All I have to say is that you guys are soo cool!
Megan, I am very proud of the very successful business you built for over 7 years. That is a great accomplishment and you should take justifiable pride in it. I'm sure it was hard to close it down. The expressions of your clients at the end are evidence of what a very good job you did. I love you.
That's great that Greg got his visa, but kinda lame that you hafta come back for yours, but oh well! It's all working out! Enjoy these long flights sans kids, seriously, I didn't realize how much I was taking for granted flying before. Oh, the peacefulness of only having yourself to entertain, even on a long, tiresome flight...Anyway, I can't believe y'all are off so soon! Your clients definitely sound like they'll miss you.
well well! Lots of updating. Well, I'm glad you've been having a good time with the Jentzches. Yowsa, you must be exausted with moving and just traveling and your thoughts of moving -= just everything. I love you- can't wait to see you.
Golfing sounded so fun! Geez remind me never to play with a pro like you (: Poor chris i hope he gets better at least he has a close "friend" he he he. I'm glad it is all working out i don't see how you can handle it i would go crazy you and greg are very strong. Despite your wrists..i hope they get better.(:
great blog! kind of sad. I'm glad you posted your salon and your apt. I love minature golfing. congrats on your score. I am sure your clients do love you and will MISS YOU!!! I love you!!!!
Good Luck on your adventures!
I remember when we decided to chop my hair before me wedding.... You did an amazing job. I loved it!
Post a Comment