The cupboards are emptying and looking a little barren . . .



In 3 1/2 weeks we will be on a plane from Portland, Oregon to Paris, France and it's really starting to show. The last few weeks I have become a little crazy. You can just ask Greg. I have had many break downs, freak outs, and I'd like to say irritable "moments" but it's more like a transformation of my entire personality for days at a time. And as the apartment has now been completely gone thru (every cupboard, every shelf) and almost everything is in it's designated "pile" I'm finally feeling my sanity come back. I haven't been upset once today. That's how most my days have been the last 3 years, but the last 3 months- YIKES!!!! I have missed my rational normal self. I was starting to be afraid I'd never come back.
I had no idea we'd have so much to sell- since we decided to keep a lot of our stuff, after all. I hope people buy it. We're selling it all for dang cheap. I'm really glad I'll be working and Greg will be handling it. I'd feel funny sitting, waiting for people to buy my used stuff. Greg feels fine about it. We still have our piano for sale if anybody wants it.
I'm only working two more weeks and I am so psyched about it! I like doing hair but I'm really excited to stop. I keep feeling like I'm never going to work again, though I know it's not true. I'm sure nannying will have it's hard days- but I won't be on my feet all day. I'll be on the floor playing with a baby and keeping up housework. I like housework! I know my hopes are way up. We'll see how it goes.
We're still waiting to get our passports back in the mail with a VISA STAMP on them! We're moving out of our apartment in 2 weeks. If we don't get them by then, that could pose a problem. I am starting to get a little nervous. I will be so mad if it doesn't happen! But what more can we do????
I can't believe in less than a month I'll be in ITALY staring at people and statues, eating gelato with Greg! So fun! I'm so excited!
I had no idea we'd have so much to sell- since we decided to keep a lot of our stuff, after all. I hope people buy it. We're selling it all for dang cheap. I'm really glad I'll be working and Greg will be handling it. I'd feel funny sitting, waiting for people to buy my used stuff. Greg feels fine about it. We still have our piano for sale if anybody wants it.
I'm only working two more weeks and I am so psyched about it! I like doing hair but I'm really excited to stop. I keep feeling like I'm never going to work again, though I know it's not true. I'm sure nannying will have it's hard days- but I won't be on my feet all day. I'll be on the floor playing with a baby and keeping up housework. I like housework! I know my hopes are way up. We'll see how it goes.
We're still waiting to get our passports back in the mail with a VISA STAMP on them! We're moving out of our apartment in 2 weeks. If we don't get them by then, that could pose a problem. I am starting to get a little nervous. I will be so mad if it doesn't happen! But what more can we do????
I can't believe in less than a month I'll be in ITALY staring at people and statues, eating gelato with Greg! So fun! I'm so excited!


16 comments:
Wow Megs, that is so exciting! I think you deserve to have a few melt downs...I mean, selling all your possessions and moving across the world is a pretty big deal. How I wish we still lived in Oregon...I would want your piano!!
Good luck with the garage sale! I wish I could be there to help you with stuff!
I'm so excited for you both. I bet it will feel so good to be on that plane, with VISAS in hand, your stuff sold and everything in place. Good luck these next couple of weeks.
Wow, it's all happening!! The Visa stuff will totally work out. What a good feeling, getting everything really organized/sold. Ahhh, Italy, in LESS than a month! I'm so excited for y'all!! And you are definitely entitled to "moments" at times like this...even longish "moments."
Man- I think I'd probably be exactly as you are, probably worse! Don't worry about melt-downs. It'd probably be bad if you didn't stress a bit about it! I'm so excited for you guys! You better blog a TON! I want to hear every detail! I love you so much! I hope you have success at your garage sale!
Crazy huh!!!??? I dont' like thinking about it. I know it is so wonderful that you two get this opportunity and that it is the beginning of a life like this, but reality and knowing are two different things. I am very happy for both of you, just a little sad for me. I am excited about the prospects of seeing more of the world though. Dad will just have to get used to it! Either he comes with me or gets used to being alone for two more weeks a year! I hope you guys do well on your garage sale! I love you!!!
wowser! I'm so glad teh garage sale went so good. I love getting rid of things, it just feels really refreshing. I'm sad to see you go but I'm so excited for you to live in Europe, hardly anyone gets to have this experience and you and greg are! I love you!
What a wonderful thing to be able to go to Europe and do all of the things you'll be doing. It will make a lot of beautiful memories for you and I am so glad for you, although everyone will miss you. However a year passes quickly and before you know it you'll be on the plane back to the USA. There is no country better or freer than here. I know that from my own experience and the the times I have been away. I love you both and good luck with all of the selling. Come for dinner soon. Love grandma, PS I think Abe will go into the National Guard. Pray for him Love you
What a wonderful thing to be able to go to Europe and do all of the things you'll be doing. It will make a lot of beautiful memories for you and I am so glad for you, although everyone will miss you. However a year passes quickly and before you know it you'll be on the plane back to the USA. There is no country better or freer than here. I know that from my own experience and the the times I have been away. I love you both and good luck with all of the selling. Come for dinner soon. Love grandma, PS I think Abe will go into the National Guard. Pray for him Love you
I am sooo excited for you guys! It will be here before you know it. I didn't realize you'd be nannying over there. Is it already set up? Good luck with the selling of your stuff. You just never realize how much junk you have until you have to move it. :S
How exciting, I bet you can't wait to go, yet scared at the same time. It will be quiet the adventure. Enjoy it while you are there that time will fly by! Hope you get the VISAS soon!
WOW! I didn't realize it was so close! No wonder you are having "freak out" moments! It sounds like a fun adventure, well worth the turmoil it takes to get going!
How much do you want for your piano??!? Sean would LOVE to have a piano and regularly checks Craigs List. Let me know if you haven't sold it...
And... I can't believe it's so close!! How exciting!! I am in awe every time I check your blog. I still can't believe you're really moving to Europe. That is so cool. What an adventure. I can't wait to start seeing pictures and reading the latest. I've never had gelatto - so grab an extra scoop for me! :)
I caught up with most of your blogs. I really liked the one about the reunion. Especially the pictures. I'm so sorry you've been so stressed, I understand, and am tired of stress also. It will be over soon and you'll be in Europe on a an entirely new adventure. And then you'll have new stress!!! : )
I finally posted, so go and read it if you want. Love you.
How exciting!! I love reading your blog. Hope you don't freak out too much.
Tiffany (Austin) Ward
I have enjoyed so much all your visits out to the coast. I'm going to miss that. I love you guys.
I'm sorry you have meltdowns but it's understandable. (: Hermit my roomy or midget was wondering if gregs political science books ever came in handy after college or the courses. She can't decide whether or not to sell them at the end of the year.
Post a Comment