Thursday, September 4, 2008

Before We Landed

After we moved out of our apartment we went to Pat and Randy's for a few days. Pat hates guns, but Greg convinced her to learn how to shoot a one.


Greg showing her how . . .
Pat was awesome. She hit her targets I think on her second round. I couldn't believe it.

We ended the day at Jimmy's, a hamburger joint. It was yummy. We lingered for quite awhile, but eventually had to say good bye. They'll be visiting us sometime in the summer.


After Pat and Randy's we drove to Mom and Dad's for a few days as well. I mostly became obsessed with LOST and watched a lot of it. Towards the end of our visit we decided to go on a hike.

There was a beautiful creek down below, but you can't really see it in the picture.



Half of the Arnold women.


The end of our hike was a big spruce tree-
that you can climb inside of .

Greg
Amy

Mom


While we sat and talked Greg got restless and explored a little.
Back inside.

We'd been watching LOST all week and we went down near the creek and were completely surrounded and suddenly it felt like we were in LOST.


Greg's 25th birthday is the day we land in Germany. So we decided to celebrate a little early.

I made him Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies and they were AMAZING!!!

A check from Mom and Dad that he's already spent on REI clothes for the trip!

Amy left us a little present on our camera. I thought I'd share.



After Mom and Dad's we went to see Hillary and Jeff. We hadn't seen them in weeks! It was nice to be in their home.



While we were there we had a nice surprise! Jason, Zeyda, Xiomara, and Alexa Mueller came to visit. Things got so busy moving out, it wasn't until we were gone we realized we hadn't even said good bye!. It was good to see them one last time.
Xiomara loves Gregory. She always rushes up to him at church.
Our last night in Eugene we stayed with Amy and Mike. We watched Die Hard and ate ice cream, brownies and hot fudge sauce. That night it finally hit me that we were really leaving. We had a good time, like we always do, at Amy and Mike's. After I left Amy and Mikes the tears finally came.

The next morning we ran some last minute errands and went to Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch. Abe is living there now. It was good to see him.

Shannon and Ralph were good to us and drove us to Portland.

They took us to Jake and Lyndsey's. Jake had to work, but it was nice to see Lyndsey and the kids. We played a fun game like charades.

Miles LOVED playing the tamberine.
Then we stayed up watching Flight Of The Conchords with Lyndsey. Then the next morning we were off!


So long . . .
farewell . . .aufwiedersehen . . .
adieu.
Good bye!!!

After a few hours Greg whipped out his own neck pillow and the ear plugs and eye cover the plane gave us. I thought he looked so cute and hilarious I had to take a picture. I thought he was so ridiculous to go to so much trouble, but by the end of the flight I looked the same- but neither of us got much sleep. I don't know what we did. They only played one movie, and we didn't really watch it and we read a little. I think we just laid back in our seats for five hours trying to sleep!

Ahh . . . finally here! Here is Greg with all he has taken for the whole year. (I'm on the other side with the same amount.) We were so thrilled to finally have made it (and our luggage made it too!) Greg's uncle Steve came to pick us up (he lives in Frankfurt).

10 comments:

Sutherlands said...

We will miss you two, but it sounds like you are on a GREAT ADVENTURE!!!!

fiona said...

That tree is amazing! And I love the picture of Pat and Randy, it's so cute. I'm glad all your worldly possessions for the next year made it safely, that is definitely a good thing!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

wowser. Ok- first of all, I'm so glad you made it there safely! I'm so sorry you couldn't sledep, I hope you've gotten some rest by now. It is so strange that you are gone, I feel like I'm going to see you in atleast a month- I just feel like you are on a vacation, I don't know when it will hit me, but it hasn't yet. I love you so much and want you to come over! But you can't! I hope you're having fun, I love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that was great!!!!! I loved all the pics and the story like feel of it. That pic of Pat and Randy is so good! I can't believe you are there!!! I am so excited for you. It is weird too. I am so glad you got to see everyone. I'm so glad you took pics of the hike and Gregs b-day. I love you sooooo much!! Have soo much fun!! I look forward to all your posts and talking to you on skype when you can.

Danielle said...

YES! I'm loving the updates! Loved all the pictures. You are such a good story teller. I love all your posts on your blog. I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Great pictures, and funny stories. I'm glad you're safely there. Keep writing the stories and showing pictures of Europe, I'll live vicariously through you. Love you.

Tolman Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tolman Family said...

Megan!!! Remember me? Libby Barlett, now Tolman. I'm so happy I found you on here. You look beautiful as usual and so happy! Are you still in Oregon?

Dan said...

Now your really having fun.
We'll miss you guys.
Do every thing there is to do over there, you may not get another time.
love you guys.
Uncle D

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Megan where are you and are you alive? Do you not have internet access or something? I love you and miss you like crazy! I hate not hearing from you. love you