Saturday, September 13, 2008

Free Internet

Well we're in Prague, right now, and our hostel has free internet!!! WOOHOO!!! IT feels SO GOOD to be in touch with reality. No tv or internet for over a week and you go through withdrawls!!! Thanks for the emails to my sisters and mom. And the comments. They made me cry!!!! When we were in Florence we had to write a couple emails and so we checked our blog when we had a few extra minutes and I started bawling!!! Don't get me wrong, we're having a great time! I just get emotional! I'm sure it will pass.

Well, there's only so much I can tell at this point. I wish I could load up the pictures on here. Oh well. So far we've been to Frankfurt, Rome, Florence, Venice and we just arrived in Prague today. Italy was HOT!!! Literally a constant sweat. And now we're in Prague and it is FREEZING!!!! I mean going from 98 degrees to 40 degrees. We went in a mall just to keep warm. These cobble stone streets are the WORST!!!! I have had so much lower back pain. We finally got some IBprofen at the mall. I don't know why we didn't do that a week ago. What a difference.

Hostels. We're are glad this will be the last one. So far we've had 4 nights shared with strangers and 4 nights to ourselves (one night with an actual bed we both fit in-actually two twins pushed together- ha!) We're fine with hostels, we're just sick of sharing. Oh well, we're cheap, what can we say?

Ok, I'm just telling all the bad stuff 'cause it's funny. But really I'm having so much fun! I think the only better day I've had was our wedding day! It's been so cool! Ok, these Europeans like never pee! It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a bathroom. Literally a 4 story mall with only 2 bathrooms. TWO HUGE FLOORS with NOTHING!!!! What the heck!! And we've now been in 3 countries- COUNTRIES- and I've only used 2 free bathrooms! Otherwise you have to pay!!! (McDonald's has saved me twice) Also, you go to a restaraunt. No free water. 3 bucks for one bottle of water and that's not enough for me!!! A guy sings and plays guitar thru dinner and you think, "Oh how nice." And before you finish eating he stands right next to you and asks for money! What the heck? And don't touch the butter and bread they set before you at a restaurant because they charge you!!! Oh and NO TOILET SEATS!!!! Just imagine when your man leaves the seat up. That's what you get. It took me a couple toilets to realize that's the norm. CRAZY CONTINENT!!!!

So far our favorite has to be Rome. But we LOVED Venice. Really, we've loved everything!!!! So we'll be in Prague for 3 nights and Paris for 6! Fun fun fun!!! Love you all!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! Sounds awesome! I heard about the toilets. That is so funny. I can't believe they charge you to go to the bathroom! And that is a LOT for water! Oh and the guitar playing man asking for money- wow. So funny. I guess that's how you make money- do the service first then demand money. I love you so much! I'm glad you are updating when you can!

fiona said...

ah, how fun! You are definitely making some good memories! That is another bonus about living in Europe, you stretch your bladder and then don't hafta pee as often in the future! ;) Hope you're having fun in Prague, we can't wait to read more...

zachariah said...

Ah, Europe is so much fun... hey before you travel again look up www.hotelformule1.com, they are these great hotels in Europe, all over. They are usually cheaper then youth hostels, but cleaner and you get a private room. Downside is they are usually a little farther out then youth hostels, so sometimes you'll have to take a bus into the main city or a commuter train, but still save money and I'll say it again... private clean room. Have fun!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

wow, cool. I can't believe all the things you have to pay for! butter adn water- man, that would be hard! Ok so what's a hostel? is it like a homeless shelter? well I'm glad to know you're alive! I'm glad you're having so much fun! Sounds awesome! Love you!

Randy and Pat Jentzsch said...

Hi greg and Megan! We came up to Eugene to go to the Coast and learn how to surf with Jeff and Jon Partrige! Hope you are having the time of your life! Did you know thatNathalias parents were in Prague this week? Also, rome and venice? You should keep an eye out for them!
Love, Randy and Pat

Amy said...

ROME,VENICE,PARIS!!!! Holy crap that sounds like soooooooo much fun! I can't believe you have to pay to use the restrooms and to drink any water. What a crazy fun adventure! It's amazing that you are really there doing all of those things in all of those famous places! AWESOME!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

What an amazing blog!! I have heard about the water and the potty business. One of my friends said it is worse in Japan, there the can is in the FLOOR, so there is no place to sit, you just squat over it (:= It has to be hard for the granddaughter of a plummer, and used to bathrooms in a house and running water everywhere. No kidding we just take for granted our daily blessings. All joking aside it sounds like a blast. I am glad you are having this great experience and making wonderful memories. God Bless Love grandma

Lizzie said...

Wow, so funny. I never knew that stuff about Europe. I had heard about the water and bread though at restaraunts. Bummer, huh. I couldn't survive in a country with so few toilets and having to pay!!! I'd be broke. I pee at least 20 times a day.