Well I was listening to French music on the radio but now it's Meet Joe Black (in French) on tv in the background. Foreign tv is pretty funny. Last night it was Friends in french and at Greg's uncle's it was Gilmore Girls in German. Pretty funny.
We arrived last night at Cecile's who lives in Paris, and just so happened to leave town this morning and leave her apartment all to ourselves the last 5 days of our trip- SWEET!!! We did our laundry this morning. I can't tell you what it's like to do laundry after wearing the same outfit (underwear and all) 3 complete days in a row. And the 3 days before that it was your second outfit 3 whole days in a row. Yuck. By the third day you just don't feel like an attractive person anymore. Cleanliness- it makes such a difference. Italy was the worst. You're constantly sweating in the same clothes and you have these fresh looking women walking by looking fabulous and you feel like you walked out of a trash bin. No good. It's good to feel clean again.
Paris is so cool. It just might be our favorite. It's only been a day so we'll see. It feels so good to be in a home and you can actually walk around barefoot with confidence. It was nice to sleep NEXT to Gregory and not across the room. We've decided we're never going to get a shared room ever again but I just know when we actually decide to go somewhere our cheap side will get the better of us and we'll say, ''Oh it's only 2 nights.'' That's just the way I am.
There's SO MUCH to say but I'm not going to say it without pictures. Well, the traveling's been fun but it is SO exhausting. I think I might just be a travel on the weekends kind of person. I need breaks and when you're spending $ and have limited time you just wanna go go go. We have WAY slowed down since we got to Paris. I thinks its the combination of realizing it's more enjoyable at a slower pace, knowing we have 5 whole days here, and we've seen so many amazing things- we've just gotten to the point where if we miss something we don't really care.
Something about Paris, it's like a preview to our upcomong ''new'' life. We're actually in an apartment and have grocery shopped twice, the city is french (like Brussels) . . . it's really been fun. And both of us knowing more French than Czeck or Italian- makes us feel SO MUCH more at ease.
Well, that's about it. Love you all!!!
9 comments:
That's so great you are in an apartment for a bit! AND that you got to wash your clothes! Yikes! Sounds like you're doing great! I love you so much!!!
awesome! I can't imagine you being with no shower and gross clothes- you are such a clean person! ha. I"m so glad you're having such a good time!!! It sounds so exciting! I love you! Can't wait for you to get in Brussels and be all settled.
Glad to hear you guys are doing so well! I am sure your family is missing you guys, but it sounds like you guys are having a good time and taking it all in. Well, I look forward to the pics.
Thanks for the comment!
Yeah I had my baby 5 weeks ago. She is growing up so fast. I can't believe how quickly the time goes by. That is probably how you will feel after your European trip. I know you are there for a year, but it will FLY by.
Well, continue with the updates. I love hearing about your experiences. Makes me feel like I am there!!!
Well, you beat me to the high school musical thing! I just saw it advertised on my email tonight! It was soooo cute meg, it is too small though, maybe you can fix it. I am so excited you have an apartment there! I can't wait to see all your pics and hear how you liked everything. I loved Paris a lot, so I am not surprised you like it. I have always wanted to go back. I am so happy you get to see all those things!!! I think it is so sad you were so gross. Like you said maybe when you do the weekend thing you can enjoy it more.We have signed up for the exchange company again! I think we will start working on it soon, Dad is more excited about it now. Well, I am exhausted, I am glad we got the blog thing going before you went to Europe also. It makes such a difference! I love you!!!!
Megan - hope you can relax and have some down time as that seem to be the best part of traveling is to actually stop and take it all in. We went to England & Paris when we ppicked up Jaris from his mission, it was exhausting becuase we were in high gear the entire trip....sheesh! Enjoy the rest of your time.
Megan it is wonderful that you get to see all of the neat things over there. It is all so old world and that is always wonderful to me. I loved reading about it all in the books. I cannot imagine how it would be to wear the same underwear for 3 days. I would reek!!! Ugh. When your cheap side comes out remember these times, and maybe you'll spring for the $. I will be happy for you to have a place to be at home and I hope it all works easy for you. It is so fun to have all of these adventures when you are young. Make good memories. Love you so much grandma
I LOVE the HSM thing! So funny- but like mom said, I couldn't see your face for most of it...it cut off the right half of it. I love you so much!
How fun. I'm so glad you guys could do this before you have little ones. It must be so fun and carefree (and exhausting). You're a funny writer. I was totally smiling as I was reading. I miss you and love you!!! Take care!
Post a Comment