Sunday, November 9, 2008

More From My Trip

Out to lunch, for my Mom's b-day, at the best pizza place I've ever been to. They had these amazing gourmet pizzas and an incredible salad where each bite you just say, "Oh this is so good." Through out the meal you keep feeling repetitive, but you can't help but express what's in your mouth! There's just no better feeling. This is my sister Lizzie. She slaved away hours and hours preparing for my Mom's birthday.



Later that night outside by the pool, eating by candle light. It was a yummy feast. I was more tired this night, than any other. The jet lag was ongoing- I never got used to the time in California. I would go to sleep around 5pm and wake up at 3am- every night except one. And when I came back I had no jet lag at all. I just took a 2 hour nap and was fine!


The next day was DISNEYLAND!!!!! I was SO excited!


Disneyland with kids was a whole new experience. I'm used to "GO! GO! GO!" trying to make every ride possible. With the kids it was just a few rides and more hanging out.

I was really sad about missing Halloween on the plane the next day, but when we arrived- Halloween was EVERYWHERE!!! It made me feel like I got to experience it, after all. I was very happy.


The Haunted Mansion . . .







The Tea Cups

I got to hold Kate lots and lots. I couldn't believe how she took to me. She'd find me in my room and want me to read her a book or she'd just walk up to me in the kitchen and want me to hold her. I LOVED it!!! Tanner has never been this way with me. Kate was really sweet and would share her love all around. She'd be in Lizzie's arms and then after awhile would reach out for Mom, and then later on to me, back and forth all day. It was really funny how she'd just all of the sudden want to switch- but we all enjoyed it!

One of the rides . . .



How awesome is my Mom- she bought me this shirt. And yes- I wore it last night to the movie. I've said it before, and I'll probably be saying it the rest of my life . . . I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!! I was smiling the whole time and it was hard not to dance in my seat and yes on the way home I started leaping and jumping around dramatically and Greg even joined in- jumping off fences with broadway style as we imitated the movie. It was so much fun!

I was surprised to see a late showing pretty packed in the theater (with adults). And yes, every time someone broke into song the theater would burst out in an embarrassing giggle- but we all loved it!!! This one was more romantic (and a little more racy! for High School Musical, that is.)

This was at night waiting for the parade. We went to the Pixar parade, earlier, and all got SOAKED!! I mean our entire faces wet, along with our hair. All the characters would squirt us with something as they went by. It would've been nice if it was hot, I suppose. It kind of ruined the whole experience, but the night parade was magical as usual. This is my mother and sister.

How cute is her pooh stuffed animal? They had all these "baby" disney characters, in the stores, that all were swaddled in blankets. And pooh even had a little onsey! I couldn't believe it! It was so cute!



I tried to load up this video of Tanner where had an INSANE amount of energy! But it didn't work. He was moving, bouncing NONSTOP all over the couch! Rolling around, up and down. It was nuts, but really funny to watch. It was really nice. I felt like I really got to know Tanner this visit. In the past he'd always shy away from me or get upset, but this visit we played with cars and talked about all kinds of things. We'd get in these little kissing wars- it started when I kissed his cheek real fast and he looked up and I said, "I snuck a kiss." And he'd get really mad but then when I wasn't looking he'd kiss my arm to "get me back". We just went back and forth all week. It was really fun, except he'd hit me when I'd try to get him. Kids can be REALLY strong! You think their little arms can't hurt you, but they can! He woke up in the middle of the night when I happened to be leaving for the airport and he gave me the BIGGEST HUG when I left. It was great.





Before I went back home I bought 10 cans of black beans, 16 cans of refried beans and 4 lbs of cheddar cheese to bring back with me. Ah . . . so nice to have mexican food again. Who knew beans were so much apart of our diet? So funny, I asked the family I work for to buy some cheddar cheese and he kinda asked what it is and I said I like it for quesadillas and he immediately goes, "A what?" They had never even heard of quesadillas! Wow! These Europeans are just missing out on mexican dishes! I cannot wait to make a bean dip and just scarf it down with chips- YUM!



Life is back to normal again. I've registered with the "authorities" so now I'm legal- HOORAY!!! Work is going great! It seems like it just keeps getting easier (with the exception of a hard day here and there). Greg's starting to make contacts at church for possible internships, etc. He ordered some books on Amazon for me to bring home and he's reading about the first Delta Force and can't stop talking about it. I'm so glad he's not in the military. The way his eyes light up when he talks about it, I just don't know how it didn't happen. He is more passionate about this stuff than anything else. It's like I am with High School Musical- as ridiculous as that sounds- we're a little obsessed! His next book is KILL BIN LADEN. When I opened that one up I just started laughing (not that it's a laughing matter). It's just so Greg. He just loves this stuff. Personally for me- it's depressing, but he could talk about these subjects for an eternity.



Maybe I should keep this to myself but I've been picking at this zit on my ear lobe for WEEKS and now it's morphed into this giant underground reservoir right at the edge of my jaw and it KILLS!!! Literally gives me headaches and when I eat it is so painful. It hurts so bad! I just want it to go away! That will teach me AGAIN to just leave blemishes alone!!! I just like to pick at things!



I LOVE my calling! I never have to bring anything to church for it- we just leave the books there and I never have to prepare! I just show up! It's awesome! The program is next week! Greg's liking his a LOT better now too. The kids really like him now and are not so "crazy" as they were the first week. Every Sunday someone new wants to sit on his lap- it's so cute. I don't ever remember just getting up on someone's lap when I was little. Little kids are so different. I mean, an adult could never just walk up to someone and climb up on them and snuggle- just 'cause they wanted to. If a kid wants to do something, they just do it! I don't know, I love to watch them.



Greg and I went on a jog in a beautiful park yesterday. They have BIG BEAUTIFUL parks here! I couldn't believe how wonderful it was! One thing is not beautiful- no one picks up dog poop in this city and no dogs are on leashes. Greg has had many dogs try to attack him and come really close to biting him. We were just walking by someone on a side walk, yesterday, and as Greg passed, this big dog it SUDDENLY jumps up and growls SO LOUD, it's paws trying to swipe him- it scared the CRAP out of me. I thought my husband was going to get a chunk of his arm ripped out. Thankfully that one was leashed, but it seriously missed Greg by an inch. It was so scary! Greg hates dogs now. This happens to him all the time. I can't believe it.



I think I'm gonna start cutting hair on the side now, too (for people in the ward). It' still in the works, but something might happen this week or the next. That would be some nice extra fun money! And it'd be nice to get to know some more people in the ward. Anyway, that's about it. Nobody else has been blogging! I check everyday!!! BLOG PEOPLE!!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Such a relief to be legal and have everything done with your visa! But hey, you got a nice trip with your family out of it, so that's nice!

Your pictures are all great, I loved them. I'm glad yo love your calling. I think it's the perfect calling for you.

You sound happy and I'm so glad!
Love you!

Danielle said...

Everything sounds great! How horrible about the dogs. It's so interesting how different it is over there. I really only thought architecture and stuff was different- never thought about all that other stuff. No mexican! Yikes! That's so funny they don't really know what cheddar cheese is! That's like a staple in all american homes! I'm glad you like your calling. That sounds sooo fun. That is so funny about the kids wanting to sit on greg's lap. Way cute. It's so nice to hear all your stories. I'm so grateful for blogs and the internet. I love you so much!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You're right Megan, no one is blogging. I did and no one commemts on either except you and Lizzie and your mom. I think they get in the habit that I don't do it often enough and so they don't check it out. I am sorry about the dogs, tell Greg to be careful, as they could really hurt him. Looks like you had a blast with your mom and Lizzie. I love it that the kids were happier to spend time with you. I love kids that age, they are so innocent and sweet. I am glad that you are thinking of doing hair again, to keep your oar in, that would be good and give you some fun money. You could look on line for cheese when this is gone and they would ship it to you. I don't know how I would live without a mexican fix once in awhile. When I first came to Oregon the mexican resturants were few and most wern't good. They have fixed that now, but being from Texas I was used to good mex. food. It was hard for me for a long time. One of the things I missed about TX. and also the BBQ they don't know how to make it here. I don't think they will ever learn. I am sooo glad you got to come to the USA for a visit. I love you so much. Grandma

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You're right Megan, no one is blogging. I did and no one commemts on either except you and Lizzie and your mom. I think they get in the habit that I don't do it often enough and so they don't check it out. I am sorry about the dogs, tell Greg to be careful, as they could really hurt him. Looks like you had a blast with your mom and Lizzie. I love it that the kids were happier to spend time with you. I love kids that age, they are so innocent and sweet. I am glad that you are thinking of doing hair again, to keep your oar in, that would be good and give you some fun money. You could look on line for cheese when this is gone and they would ship it to you. I don't know how I would live without a mexican fix once in awhile. When I first came to Oregon the mexican resturants were few and most wern't good. They have fixed that now, but being from Texas I was used to good mex. food. It was hard for me for a long time. One of the things I missed about TX. and also the BBQ they don't know how to make it here. I don't think they will ever learn. I am sooo glad you got to come to the USA for a visit. I love you so much. Grandma

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love your blogs. You never used to write as much when you were here. I love it. I am so happy you have your id card. That is crazy about Greg and the dogs. He has such a good spirit about him and dogs usually sense that. I am glad you were able to bring home so much food. It's funny how different cultures can be. I resize my pics so if you want to print them or make them bigger or crop them or something like that, I can copy all of them on a disk for you and then you will have all the pixels. Maybe we can talk sometime this week. I love you!!!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Gald you had a good quick visit home with family. Hey I blog all the time!!! I love the pics of your neice she is so freakin cute! Glad to hear life is treating you better with work. I hope you can get some people's hair to cut, it is always a great way to make friends and have conversation. Well, keep posting, I love hearing about your adventures!

Danielle said...

I forgot to tell you- I LOVE YOU HSM3 SHIRT! I'm so jealous. I still haven't seen it. I'm waiting for the cheap seats. I'm soooo excited! The shirt fits you well. Love you!

Rochelle said...

Great Post as usual! I love your calling too. I used to have that calling. Now I've been doing 2 callings. Young Women 1st couns.AND Faith In God Activity Girls age 8-11(9 girls). I teach on Sunday AND 2 activities to do during the week. YUCK! I'm glad we have dog rules here. Loose dogs sound awful. What happens if you get bit? Does anyone care?

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Great blog. That is so funyn about highschool musical. I am so sorry about your zit! That is awful! I don't know what I'd do with out beans! it's a big part of the diet! I miss you so much!!!!! You are so lucky you got to be with kate and tanner, and you got to hol dhe rso much! so sweet!!!!! I love you.

Our Pratt Pack said...

Hey Megan
I just did a quick run through your blog... HOLY COW! You are quite the globe trotter. You've done so many cool things and seen so much that's so cool. Yes I have become quite the baby machine and love it although we're taking a 2 yr break before trying again we hope to have 2 more, but Todd's graduating and we're moving to Virginia in 5wks so things have been nuts around here and I'm ready to just settle in somewhere and know that we'll be there for awhile, plus I'm ready for a little me time!