Since we're only here a year (and have no storage room) we didn't buy any christmas decorations- and of course we didn't bring anything, ourselves! So we were left with a barren apartment for the holiday season . . . until my visiting teacher offered me an extra tree she had- along with lights and ornaments!!!! It was SO SWEET of her! I thought it turned out nice. Also, two different families have offered us their car for the 2 weeks they'll be back in the states! Can you believe it! We have found so many KIND and GENEROUS people here!!! I'm always amazed.

This is Bret Anderson. He has given us many rides and cooked us an AMZING JAPANESE meal along with all the interns in the ward. He has shown us such kindness from the moment we met him. The night he had us over, afterwards he took us out on the town and we wandered the city in the snow. I'm sure it was no big deal for him, but for us it really was magical. It was such an exciting evening that wouldn't have happened if it weren't for him! Tonight he had a farewell party (he's moving to Thailand). It was so much fun! We had fancy glasses and Thai food (for the occasion). We've only known him a month but he already feels like an old friend! We're sad to see him go!

Ashley and Cade Taylor. Oh, we love them too. We met them a couple weeks after we moved here and immediately felt at ease with them. They are so much fun and we've loved hanging out with them, but now they have to move home!!! Boo hoo!

I really feel so blessed here. We have met so many people that are so full of kindness. It's overwhelming and has really reminded me that I need to be the same way. Greg and I are so sad to see our friends leave so soon, but we're so glad we got to know them a little bit. Just knowing how many good people we've met in such a short time . . . I'm sad to part ways, but take comfort in knowing more friends will be along the way!
7 comments:
That's so great that you have known so many nice people there! I'm sure more will come your way and you will gain more friends:) That's so nice that you got a Christmas tree! I bet that makes things so much happier. I love your turtle neck shirt. You are so pretty in the pictures. I love you!!!
Those potstickers look soooo yummy!
I'm glad you guys are making friends and having so much fun! Whoever gave you that Christmas tree is SO NICE! I love reading about your adventures!
Oh Megan I love you so much and Greg too. I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father is blessing you with so many good people, and things like Christmas trees and cars to drive. I know that you will always be kind to everyone also as that is your way. How blessed we are to have the faith and love of family and friends in these times when things are sometimes uncertain and to know that there are good people everywhere is wonderful and another way God shows his love for us through them. I am so grateful for this season of Christmas and knowledge we have of the life of Christ. How blessed we are. You will never believe it but it is snowing out and the temp is really low, has been 23 degrees most of the day. Supposed to get worse the rest of the week. I pray that Lizzie and Danielle will get here safe and sound. The weather north of us is worse I understand. I am saying prayers to keep everyone safe. I love you and miss you and grandpa and I have skype now we just don't know how it works yet. We will learn so we can talk to you.
I just woke up and prayed that you wuold call me back!!!! that is so nice that your friends are so nice! I'm sad for you that they're leaving! You look so beautiful in the pictures! I love that turtleneck on you! it's so cute! I love you!
that was so great it almost made me cry!! I am so happy that you have such loving people around you! I have been missing you and Greg lately. Probably because it is close to Christmas. It was weird I out of the clear blue I thought "I haven't seen Greg in a long time" then I almost laughed and cried, I realized it was because you were in Europe. Strange how the mind works. Thanks for posting all the pics it makes me feel closer to you! love you!!! I will get gregs money in on Friday, I hope that is okay. We have to go to Newport to deposit it.
How nice of your VT to lend you a tree and all! You really have met some great people it sounds like. The car offers...awesome! That's sad that a lot of them are leaving, but I'm sure you'll make some more good friends, too! You and Greg are good at making friends :)
Hey meggyboo, I got your message, thanks for calling, I was sleeping. I have a late class today, I woke up at 11:30! Anyway- I love you and I've been thinking about you. Your sick, that is awful, what kind of sick? Are you by chance in one of your breaks with the kids? I'll be writing you an email when I get the chance, school just started so I'm pretty loaded with school work, but I will write you soon. I love you-
Post a Comment